Hi to Everyone!

I Was an apple user and I jumped to blackberry Z10.. but I'm going to get mad with facebook and viber, why they are ignoring blackberry 10 users??
    Or is there any news for the future??

Is there a possible way to create a petition and send to fb and viber??

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 07:19 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry. Nothing beat BBM in terms of messaging. When there are more and more people like you that switch to BlackBerry, they will be eager to create native apps for BlackBerry themselves.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 08:02 AM
    Viber app is terrible and it's no secret that the BlackBerry 10 Facebook app is not very good.

I have one contact on Viber and I'm trying to get him to move to BBM.

As for Facebook, I just use the browse for access. It would be nice to have a decent fully functional Facebook app on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 08:06 AM
    I use the Amazon Facebook app. I got too frustrated with the inconsistancies of the native BB version.
    08-10-14 08:30 AM
    Hi to Everyone!

I Was an apple user and I jumped to blackberry Z10.. but I'm going to get mad with facebook and viber, why they are ignoring blackberry 10 users??
    Or is there any news for the future??

Is there a possible way to create a petition and send to fb and viber??
    Sure, you could, but it isn't going to change anything.

Those companies and many others are already well aware that BB users want native apps from them. But they also know that there aren't enough BB users for them to need to care. BB10 represents about 0.1% global marketshare, AND those users can already, in most cases, use the Android app to get the functionality they need. No, it isn't native, but it mostly works.

Developing, testing, and supporting an app on an additional platform costs real money, and if doing all that doesn't get them enough new users, then it doesn't make business sense and just won't happen. In fact, due to Android app compatibility, you're even LESS likely to see native apps on BB10. Many companies have already pulled their underdeveloped native apps out of BB World and have posted their (much better developed) Android apps instead, because that's a cheaper solution for them, and because they weren't really investing in development of their native BB10 app anyway.

Unless BB grows marketshare significantly, this isn't going to change, and given that Chen's stated goal is 10M handsets a year, it's not likely to change anytime soon.
    08-10-14 12:36 PM
    Hi, Yes you can.

I've used the Facebook app on iOS but I don't like it at all. I still prefer to use the Facebook app on my Z10. It's clean, easy to use & to me almost full feature or at least more features than the one on my iPad & iPhone. I also don't need to have a Facebook chat app also as the Hub takes care of it automatically.

I've never used Viber so I can't comment on it. Used to have Viber last time but found it totally unreliable.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 01:29 PM
    Welcome to BlackBerry. Nothing beat BBM in terms of messaging. When there are more and more people like you that switch to BlackBerry, they will be eager to create native apps for BlackBerry themselves.

Posted via CB10
    For the most part you're right, but to not have inline photo and video sharing like Whatsapp is a huge misstep for bbm - and one big reason why I will never have my contacts entirely switch (back) to bbm until that is implemented.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 01:49 PM
    From what I've read here and there, Microsoft owns a good chunk of Facebook shares (if I remember correctly ~10%), so they will probably exercise their clout to ensure Facebook doesn't get a native BB10 client. Android and iOS are too big to ignore but it's no secret that BB10 and WP8 have been competing for that 3rd position, and if this can give MS an edge, they'll use it to their advantage.

As for Viber, it was reported that they initially did start out on making a native client but ultimately gave up on that. Their ownership changed and I don't know if that had anything to do with it but a while after that, they just released a half-assed Android port in BlackBerry World.

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that either will be developing a native app for BB10.

Via CB10 on Z10 | T-Mo | 10.2.1.2156
    08-10-14 02:19 PM
    Nemory Studios does make a Facebook messenger app that's pretty good, although not native of course. I'm perfectly satisfied with using messaging through the hub myself and I've had minimal issues with Facebook on my BlackBerry overall.
    08-10-14 02:23 PM
    Nemory has been working on a native FB messenger for BB10

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 02:25 PM
    For the most part you're right, but to not have inline photo and video sharing like Whatsapp is a huge misstep for bbm - and one big reason why I will never have my contacts entirely switch (back) to bbm until that is implemented.

Posted via CB10
    We do have in line photos & video sharing on BBM for one to one chat & multi-person chat.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 02:49 PM
    We do have in line photos & video sharing on BBM for one to one chat & multi-person chat.

Posted via CB10
    And, via bbm you can send larger attachments e.g. photo's and videos.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    08-10-14 06:30 PM
    Join the channel We want built for bb10 os apps. One caveat though. Only one app at a time. So take your pick. Viber or Facebook.
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 08-11-14 at 12:28 PM.
    08-10-14 06:34 PM
    Yes please
    I think if we have enough people and we ask crackberry to promote it, we can at least get a Facebook app
    I'm not sure about viber

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 12:16 AM
    And, via bbm you can send larger attachments e.g. photo's and videos.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, there is no limitation. Just use the dropbox option

And BBM has the ability to send the original image file size, just request for HQ.

Most people are complaining about the size of picture file because they don't understand the advantages. Sending a picture via BBM takes less than 1 second. Sending a compressed picture via WhatsApp takes forever. I cannot view a picture received via WhatsApp without downloading the slightly compressed file. On the other hand I can preview a picture sent via BBM much faster without wasting too much data or waiting too much time & data to download it first.
    Last edited by Loc22; 08-11-14 at 01:21 PM.
    08-11-14 11:55 AM
    Facebook messenger is so useless can't believe you would want it. I'm so mad that fb on my HTC is forcing me to install fb messenger to see my fb messages another battery / memory hogging permission stealing app always running. What a joke.
    08-11-14 02:45 PM
    It would work if each petition was a promise of $/�1 if they made the app

Check Out TechCraze
    08-11-14 02:53 PM
    Promise of $/�1

Check Out TechCraze
    08-11-14 02:54 PM
    Promise of $/�1

Check Out TechCraze
    Promise of one pound/dollar

Check Out TechCraze
    08-11-14 02:54 PM
    Use the android versions?
    08-12-14 09:27 AM
    Facebook messenger is so useless can't believe you would want it. I'm so mad that fb on my HTC is forcing me to install fb messenger to see my fb messages another battery / memory hogging permission stealing app always running. What a joke.
    Switch to BlackBerry 10, you don't need a Facebook messenger. I use hub to chat with people on Facebook. It's fast, fully integrated into the OS & no extra app needed.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 12:51 PM
    It's useless to you... not to him or me.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    08-13-14 01:57 PM
    In bb10, the hub is our way to use the fb messenger. It's awesome

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    08-13-14 02:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah sorry I meant for group chats, I'm aware that it's present for single and multi-person chats. I have dedicated groups and they need inline attachments in addition to the current silo format.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 12:30 AM
    Yeah sorry I meant for group chats, I'm aware that it's present for single and multi-person chats. I have dedicated groups and they need inline attachments in addition to the current silo format.

Posted via CB10
    I do agree that we need in line attachments in Group chats but the problem is, most people don't know how to use Group chat in BBM.

Most of the functions on Group Chats are not used most of the time so I prefer to use multi-person chat as it is in the same format as WhatsApp , Line, Wechat, etc...

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 10:53 PM
26 12