Hi everyone!

Just wanted to show how my Z30 owned my ipad today:

I'm at Starbucks right now studying for an exam tomorrow , and the bloody ipad can't seem to connect to wifi. It does but when you open the browser to do their login connect, nothing loads. I think to myself hmm maybe it's their wifi let me try it on my Z30.

Guess what happened? Z30 connects without a hitch, and as I write this my ipad is still trying to connect.... guess I'm gonna have to use hotspot.

I hard reset the ipad, forgot and re added network and everything. Still nothing. Thanks Z30 for saving the day!

Might have to dig up my PlayBook hehe, if only my e text book made an app for bb10

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 07:05 PM
    I use hotspot on mine, works great.
    08-09-14 07:08 PM
    Because BlackBerry is and always has been the best.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 03:16 PM
    Glad that you have had such a great experience with your Z30!
    I also have an ipad (mini) and I use it less and less because I do a lot with my Z30 instead of switching to the ipad.
    08-10-14 05:43 PM
    Just finished traveling with friends who had Iphone's and they could not get the weak WIFI signals that my wife and I were getting with our Z30's. It was almost comical and they were calling then Icrap themselves!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 05:43 PM
    It just puzzles me that a device that relies primarily on wifi for its data connection would be if such bad quality.

Just for accuracy my ipad is a mini as well

Glad other people have had similar experiences!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:18 PM
    Should've got a Windows tablet.
    Hazo and matt0135 like this.
    08-10-14 11:47 PM
    My experience has been the opposite, mainly because when all these wifi spots were set up the login pages were designed for iOS or android.

But having said that I rarely encounter any issues with both the ipad or my z10.

I'm more perplexed at all these "maiii phone izzz da besttttt" threads. Wow your phone could connect to bluetooth when an iPhone couldn't for some reason? Great! Give that man a Nobel prize.
    08-11-14 06:40 AM
    My experience has been the opposite, mainly because when all these wifi spots were set up the login pages were designed for iOS or android.

But having said that I rarely encounter any issues with both the ipad or my z10.

I'm more perplexed at all these "maiii phone izzz da besttttt" threads. Wow your phone could connect to bluetooth when an iPhone couldn't for some reason? Great! Give that man a Nobel prize.
    I like to think I used better English than that. For me at least I didn't make this thread to say my phone was the best (even though it is ) it was more to just have people realize that blackberry can compete just as good if not better with other products.

A lot of people tend to dismiss blackberry as obsolete or a company going out of business, my post just proves them wrong

However if you want to give me a nobel prize, by all means....

Posted via CB10
    ultra07 likes this.
    08-11-14 09:36 AM
    I like to think I used better English than that. For me at least I didn't make this thread to say my phone was the best (even though it is ) it was more to just have people realize that blackberry can compete just as good if not better with other products.

A lot of people tend to dismiss blackberry as obsolete or a company going out of business, my post just proves them wrong

However if you want to give me a nobel prize, by all means....

Posted via CB10
    Because it could connect to a hot spot? So much for scientific method...
    08-13-14 04:55 AM
    Because it could connect to a hot spot? So much for scientific method...
    Yes. That's quite an important feature for a smartphone don't you think? Maybe the ipad was struggling that day and won't do it again but the fact of the matter is that my blackberry was able to connect and the ipad was not.

Nobody was trying to be scientific so not sure what you're trying to get at....

I wonder what causes these kind of things to happen, maybe someone with more knowledge wants to chime in?

Posted via CB10
    ultra07 likes this.
    08-13-14 10:14 AM
    Yes. That's quite an important feature for a smartphone don't you think? Maybe the ipad was struggling that day and won't do it again but the fact of the matter is that my blackberry was able to connect and the ipad was not.
    Don't sweat the response from the esteemed member. I am an iPad owner and I get it. The iPad or my iPhone for that matter struggle at "open" wifi sources constantly while any BlackBerry I've had seem to pull wifi no matter how weak, out of thin air. No pun intended. Just one more thing that BlackBerry products do really well and those outside the BB user base can't understand.
    ultra07 likes this.
    08-13-14 10:52 AM
    You said "proves them wrong". It proves nothing except there may have been an issue with your network settings for some reason. I've had for less trouble getting my bb7 devices to connect to various hot spots, does that prove bb10 is useless? Nope....
    08-13-14 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Whether or not a company makes great products does not mean it wil or will not go out if business.
    08-13-14 04:49 PM
    I like the post that said "should have got a windows tablet ". The same trip I was on I wanted to share movies with the other family....two had Surface Tablets and two had Ipad's....guess who I could plus a USB key into to share some of the movies off of my laptop and my Z30?

Posted via CB10
    matt0135 likes this.
    08-13-14 05:00 PM
    OP I know your pain brother. Every time I use my ipad mini I have an app crash on it daily, and I always ask myself why I wasted money on that company...

Posted via CB10
    matt0135 likes this.
    08-13-14 05:04 PM
    Whether or not a company makes great products does not mean it wil or will not go out if business.
    So by your same logic if a company has a horrible product ,it will stay in business? Interesting business model you have there.....

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 05:30 PM
    I like the post that said "should have got a windows tablet ". The same trip I was on I wanted to share movies with the other family....two had Surface Tablets and two had Ipad's....guess who I could plus a USB key into to share some of the movies off of my laptop and my Z30?

Posted via CB10
    It's functionality like this as well that really gets me worked up. Apple refused to play nice with other components like USB which makes it much harder to share between devices outside it's ecosystem.

Don't get me wrong I like my ipad. Do I wish it did more? Of course. Did my blackberry prove itself useful where the ipad failed? You bet it did. That's the motivation behind my OP.

Posted via CB10
    ultra07 likes this.
    08-13-14 05:36 PM
    I have a Z30 and an iPad mini retina (wifes).

Where I will give the iPad credit is switching to the stronger signal wireless router in my house( I have 2). I need to turn my z30 wifi off then on to get the stronger signal when moving through the house. The iPad always has the strong wifi signal.

Having said that, both wireless routers are Apple products. Hmmm

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    08-13-14 06:48 PM
    So by your same logic if a company has a horrible product ,it will stay in business? Interesting business model you have there.....

Posted via CB10
    There are many factors other than the product itself. Marketing, pricing, consumer perception

BlackBerry could make the best phone on the planet and still go bust due to mismanagement, for example.
    08-14-14 03:03 AM