I'm new to this BlackBerry World and I have no clue if this question has been posted b4
    I couldn't see Nigeria on this list of the region, from the system settings> language and input > region
    So any clue?
    Why isn't Nigeria in Region list?-img_20140810_013706.png

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-09-14 06:44 PM
    There are hundreds of languages spoken in Nigeria. The official language of Nigeria, English.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    08-09-14 08:33 PM
    I'm not asking about the languages spoken in Nigeria. My question is simple, why Nigeria is not on the list of region?

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-09-14 10:00 PM
    It's not possible for any vendor to support all languages and localizations. Which ones are chosen is based on factors such as cost, subscriber base, market share, existing level of standardization etc. You must also understand that BlackberryOS10 is still fairly young and is still being continually enhanced. A nigerian localization could still be added in a future update, more so if people request it. In any case, don't take it as a personal insult against Nigeria.

As a workaround you could simply use the "United Kingdom (English)" localization which would probably (you know better than me) give you the correct date and number layouts and then just type the currency symbol with the ISO code NGN (you probably already do this).
    08-10-14 06:27 AM
    I'm not asking about the languages spoken in Nigeria. My question is simple, why Nigeria is not on the list of region?

My first BlackBerry Z10
    My answers simple too. English is Nigeria's MAIN language and there is already an option there...choose English (US).

08-10-14 08:26 AM
    My answers simple too. English is Nigeria's MAIN language and there is already an option there...choose English (US).

NO! Queen's English only! Favours vs Favor!
    Elite1 and madx80h like this.
    08-10-14 09:34 AM
    The Queen offers favours???

Off with his head!

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    08-10-14 09:35 AM
    . A nigerian localization could still be added in a future update, more so if people request it. In any case, don't take it as a personal insult against Nigeria.
    Thanks, it's you who answered my question. It just surprised me not to see Nigeria on the region list despite of Nigerians found of BlackBerry and I read an article here saying Nigerians are reverting to their BlackBerry and ditching Android. I read something like that.

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-10-14 10:10 AM
    It's not, and you shouldn't confuse language to region. My question was about region not the Language that's why I included the attachment to illustrate my question but you mixed then up the way you responded.

You can choose English (US) as language and still have 3 options to choose from if you pick Afghanistan to be your region. For the Belgion you were presented by 4 options.
    It's been known that Nigeria has 3 major languages and English Language just happened to be its lingua francha

Here is another attachment for the illustrations

Why isn't Nigeria in Region list?-img_20140810_170351.png

My first BlackBerry Z10
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-10-14 10:23 AM
    True, however, if you're doing a lot of business with American customers, it's easier to use US so they don't think you can't spell properly. When writing to my fellow Canadian, yes Favours triumphs Favor.

Tre Lawrence likes this.
    08-10-14 12:44 PM
    It's not, and you shouldn't confuse language to region. My question was about region not the Language that's why I included the attachment to illustrate my question but you mixed then up the way you responded.

You can choose English (US) as language and still have 3 options to choose from if you pick Afghanistan to be your region. For the Belgion you were presented by 4 options.
    It's been known that Nigeria has 3 major languages and English Language just happened to be its lingua francha

Here is another attachment for the illustrations

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140810_170351.png 
Views:	1127 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	290011

My first BlackBerry Z10
    Point taken. I agree I may have misread your post. Cheers!

Elite1 likes this.
    08-10-14 12:54 PM
    True, however, if you're doing a lot of business with American customers, it's easier to use US so they don't think you can't spell properly. When writing to my fellow Canadian, yes Favours triumphs Favor.

I hear ya.

I still refer to a trunk as a "boot" and pants as "trousers on occasion.
    tjseaman likes this.
    08-10-14 01:04 PM
    Good point. Perhaps report it to BlackBerry?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelClewley

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-10-14 01:08 PM
    I'm new to this BlackBerry World and I have no clue if this question has been posted b4
    I couldn't see Nigeria on this list of the region, from the system settings> language and input > region
    So any clue?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140810_013706.png 
Views:	953 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	289893

My first BlackBerry Z10
    I believe that the region listed as Niger is in fact Nigeria.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    08-10-14 01:26 PM
    I believe that the region listed as Niger is in fact Nigeria.

Probably not. Niger is to the north, and is Francophone.

No need for specific Nigerian localization outside UK English (unless BBRY starts doing pidgin LOL).
    08-10-14 01:32 PM

No need for specific Nigerian localization outside UK English (unless BBRY starts doing pidgin LOL).
    Ever set your input language to Hinglish?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 01:34 PM

Wow, I never knew Niger existed beyond the name of a river. I stand corrected.

08-10-14 03:36 PM
    When I post my question I wanted to know the rational behind the exclusion of Nigeria in the region list.
    1) Nigerians are found of BlackBerry
    2) Nigeria is the most populous nation in Africa
    Most African nations speak either French or English. Hence putting Nigeria in the list and bracketing (english) next to it will be a peace of cake
    3) India is on the region list with 14 different options to choose from why giving Nigeria an option is non-existent
    4) seeing some small nations on the list - no offense- and missing a nation with the magnitude of Nigeria locally and outdoor on the list should force someone into questioning at which base BlackBerry is justifying its localization?

My first BlackBerry Z10
    mkelley65 and Elite1 like this.
    08-10-14 07:24 PM
    How do I delete this post!

Next BBM update....BBM Peek
    Last edited by BlackBerryRules2006; 08-19-14 at 07:00 PM.
    08-10-14 07:30 PM

Interesting. The rest of the English speaking world uses the original spelling. Are you saying that US businesses believe everyone else can't spell?

Posted via CB10
    M_Portiss likes this.
    08-10-14 07:36 PM
    When I post my question I wanted to know the rational behind the exclusion of Nigeria in the region list.
    1) Nigerians are found of BlackBerry
    2) Nigeria is the most populous nation in Africa
    Most African nations speak either French or English. Hence putting Nigeria in the list and bracketing (english) next to it will be a peace of cake
    3) India is on the region list with 14 different options to choose from why giving Nigeria an option is non-existent
    4) seeing some small nations on the list - no offense- and missing a nation with the magnitude of Nigeria locally and outdoor on the list should force someone into questioning at which base BlackBerry is justifying its localization?

Unless WaZoBia (or one of the other 300+ languages) become localized, I don't see the need for a specific localization entries for Nigeria. UK English is the official canon; one keyboard works. Plus, Nigeria fits into one, easy to understand timezone.

BBRY not making a redundant (IMHO) localization category for Nigeria is not a slight, IMHO.
    08-10-14 07:54 PM
    Interesting. The rest of the English speaking world uses the original spelling. Are you saying that US businesses believe everyone else can't spell?

Posted via CB10
    If they are used to seeing it spelled that way and they are the customer...then that's how it should be spelled, at least in my world.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 08:00 PM
    I see your point, but in business, when in Rome, spell like the Romans spell.
    08-10-14 08:05 PM
    Unless WaZoBia (or one of the other 300+ languages) become localized, I don't see the need for a specific localization entries for Nigeria. UK English is the official canon;
    Viewing from your angle why there isn't Nigeria on the region list and parentheses English in front of it as done to India though there's no need to make it UK English or US because this belong to language section not region list.

If not, what you've said about Nigeria could be said about all other countries that have been localized by either English or french and yet they are not native speakers.

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-10-14 10:51 PM
    [QUOTE=Banco;10701760]Interesting. The rest of the English speaking world uses the original spelling. Are you saying that US businesses believe everyone else can't spell?

Posted via CB10

No. However, if working with a US client in marketing, here are words that they'd definitely question if I had used the Canadian spelling.

Canada. United States
    abridgement. abridgment
    acknowledgementacknowledgment
    amoeba. ameba
    analyse. analyze
    anaesthesia. anesthesia
    arbour. arbor
    axe. ax
    barrelled. barreled
    behaviour. behavior
    belabour. belabor
    brunette. brunet