the android notifications now have their own window if you click on it in the hub and it looks like how the android notification would look. do we think blackberry is going to do something more with this in the future? maybe integrate them better somehow? or is this probably as good as it gets?

the only thing i was thinking would possibly work (easy to access but out of the way, same gestures we're already used to) was to put them as the top item of the hub? or maybe the same way you pull down for the calendar agenda in the hub..

Attachment 289882
    Last edited by xACiD; 08-09-14 at 05:59 PM.
    08-09-14 05:29 PM
    Yeah, I noticed that in the latest leak. I'm actually a little surprised - it's a little jarring to go from the normal BB experience to this Android experience. To be honest, I thought how it was before was better integrated, but I was using very minimal Android applications, so maybe they did it because there were some notification features that weren't working.
    08-09-14 06:01 PM
    yeah, the way it is now i'm not sure how necessary those notification menus are since we can just pull up the active frames, unless the android app runs in the background, not sure how many do. but since they have those notification menus buried in there anyway, might as well bring them out a little and make them more usable.
    08-09-14 06:28 PM
    Tapping the notification brings up an Android Notification viewer, similar to the dropdown notification drawer you get on Android.

but i didnt get that on my z10 stl100-1 on 10.3.0.1052 plz help me which file needed to sideload to get it works
    09-01-14 11:01 AM
    This is actually a good thing because it tells me that Android apps that have built in notification alerts will see full functionality in the official release of 10.3.

It makes sense. I've always argued that if we are going to be forced Android compatibility then at the very least they should make them fully functional which includes allowing us to retrieve push alerts for apps that use them like The Score or Scoremobile FC real time score push alerts which made those two the best live sports apps on legacy devices because of that feature.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    09-01-14 03:46 PM
    This is actually a good thing because it tells me that Android apps that have built in notification alerts will see full functionality in the official release of 10.3.

It makes sense. I've always argued that if we are going to be forced Android compatibility then at the very least they should make them fully functional which includes allowing us to retrieve push alerts for apps that use them like The Score or Scoremobile FC real time score push alerts which made those two the best live sports apps on legacy devices because of that feature.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    I hope you are right. This issue, for me (personally) would resolve any 'app gap' that still exists for BlackBerry. I still would love more native apps because I do like the BB10 UI better than DROID. But, if 10.3 delivers this kind of functionality, I would be really thrilled!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:42 AM
    Tapping the notification brings up an Android Notification viewer, similar to the dropdown notification drawer you get on Android.

but i didnt get that on my z10 stl100-1 on 10.3.0.1052 plz help me which file needed to sideload to get it works
    Simply install 10.3. 0.1052 leak and you can have that notification in stl1 as I have it now.. if you will load all the 55 updated bars from 1154 this android notification will not work on stl 1

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:45 AM