I have has my Z30 for about two weeks; first time this has happened; confirmed with one person that he only sent the message once.

Carrier - Bell
    Z30 (STA100-5)
    OS 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 08:09 AM
    Hello and welcome to CB!
    Have you called your carrier to ask them to investigate? That is not normal but I'm sure there is nothing you can do on your phone...unless you change your OS, which many people are reluctant to do. That would be the only thing you could try I believe is to switch or even reload the OS.

Do you have any third party texting apps loaded, btw?
    08-09-14 08:19 AM
    I have no third party texting apps installed. It is not a huge problem but if the problem persists, I may call my carrier next or try reloading the OS as you suggested.

Thanks for the reply!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 08:30 AM
    I get the double messages occasionally ad well. I notice that it seems to happen when I'm in entering or exiting a dead zone, such as to/from an elevator. Is this when it happens to you?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    08-09-14 08:38 AM
    It happened to me while I was sitting on my couch in my house.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 08:53 AM
    I've been having the same problem. Never did with my Q10 or Z10, but I've gotten used to it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 11:02 AM
    Don't have a Z30 but I have had the same problem several times with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 11:16 AM
    while out in British columbia I was receiving double and sometimes triple messages. now back in alberta and the problem is gone
    08-09-14 11:17 AM
    in alberta, happens alot on my q10
    08-09-14 11:20 AM
    what carrier are you with? im with telus in alberta and have never had this issue on my q10 or z30 except for during my recent trip to bc
    08-11-14 06:46 PM
    I am on Telus in Ontario with a Q10 and often get double texts from iphone users. I think its an apple problem if you asked me as all my BlackBerry friends never send dupes, just saying. It also doesn't matter on my location. Its the same iphone senders. Not all the time but more frequent than I would prefer

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-11-14 07:15 PM
    I am on Bell in Ontario and quite often get duplicate and triplicate messages. Seems to be worst from iPhone's for me but even some android phones do it. Used to happen less frequently on my Z10 but it did happen. About two weeks ago was about the worst I have ever had it. Almost every message was double and one person's message I received 5 times spread out over an hour. It's nuts. I was starting to think it had something to do with the leaked os I was on but I have come to the conclusion it is either a Bell thing or an iPhone thing. It is annoying but I have learned to live with it. If you do end up calling Bell to complain I would be interested in the response you get. Hopefully it doesn't keeping happening to you.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:21 PM
    This is an Apple, samsung problem. If they send a message while the phone is at low or no signal the phone sends out a duplicate message as it thinks the first message was unsuccessful.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    08-11-14 09:33 PM
    I am on Telus in Ontario with a Q10 and often get double texts from iphone users. I think its an apple problem if you asked me as all my BlackBerry friends never send dupes, just saying. It also doesn't matter on my location. Its the same iphone senders. Not all the time but more frequent than I would prefer

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    Yes I get double triple and sometimes quadruple texts from iPhone users I'm on Telus in Alberta and this is annoying as all he double hockey sticks, I read in an apple forum that this is could by some timeout feature within imessage that if it doesn't get a ring back or confirm (usually caused by fringe cell service) it will resend the text, I believe the timeout was a few minutes. That would explain the BC issue as the cell coverage is compromised from those 10000 foot walls everywhere blocking the signals lol...

Anyway I think it is an iPhone issue as I never have the problem with BlackBerry or android users just iPhone users

From my Zed 30 running 10.3.0.675
    09-09-14 04:23 PM
    This is an Apple, samsung problem. If they send a message while the phone is at low or no signal the phone sends out a duplicate message as it thinks the first message was unsuccessful.

Posted via CB10
    Haha guess I should read one post further, and yes like I said issue, I haven't had the problem yet with Samsung devices but will look out for it

Thanks

09-09-14 04:24 PM
    Yes I get double triple and sometimes quadruple texts from iPhone users I'm on Telus in Alberta and this is annoying as all he double hockey sticks, I read in an apple forum that this is could by some timeout feature within imessage that if it doesn't get a ring back or confirm (usually caused by fringe cell service) it will resend the text, I believe the timeout was a few minutes. That would explain the BC issue as the cell coverage is compromised from those 10000 foot walls everywhere blocking the signals lol...

Anyway I think it is an iPhone issue as I never have the problem with BlackBerry or android users just iPhone users

Actually I called Telus (Airdrie, AB) today, my entire family gets duplicate texts inbound, none outbound I don't believe. Two Z30's, a Q10, and a Z10. In fact the Telus Tech rep sent me two messages, one from an iPhone, and one from an S4 and in both cases I got duplicates just minutes apart. In one case I had replied and the duplicate came after, on the S4 I got duplicates without even replying. Telus ONLY shows the original text on their system, not the duplicate for those of you not on an unlimited plan.

They generated a Service ticket, Telus called me shortly afterwards and said they have an issue with a local tower, and thought it might be due to fringe service. I usually have only one or two bars in the house. Not sure if it's our phones, or others' phones in the fringe service that creates the duplicates. I know it happens in Calgary as well. Tech mystery.

BBM is always rock solid!
    09-17-14 07:06 PM
    Happened to me several times this week. In all cases from an iPhone. I wondered if it was a week signal on the senders phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 07:17 PM
    I have it happening occasionally from mostly Android users. But most texts I get are from android users. I'm in Burnaby BC with Telus in a strong signal area in my home. It wasn't always this way though. Although I don't use any other text apps, I do have text related apps installed. None are configured to do anything, nor do they generally run in the background. Haven't called Telus though. I guess in my case it could be an app, an OS upgrade, or the carrier possibly.

Z30 Rocks!
    09-17-14 09:34 PM
    Actually I called Telus (Airdrie, AB) today, my entire family gets duplicate texts inbound, none outbound I don't believe. Two Z30's, a Q10, and a Z10. In fact the Telus Tech rep sent me two messages, one from an iPhone, and one from an S4 and in both cases I got duplicates just minutes apart. In one case I had replied and the duplicate came after, on the S4 I got duplicates without even replying. Telus ONLY shows the original text on their system, not the duplicate for those of you not on an unlimited plan.

They generated a Service ticket, Telus called me shortly afterwards and said they have an issue with a local tower, and thought it might be due to fringe service. I usually have only one or two bars in the house. Not sure if it's our phones, or others' phones in the fringe service that creates the duplicates. I know it happens in Calgary as well. Tech mystery.

BBM is always rock solid!
    I've had this problem for months and like yourself have called Telus. Same issues found with only one text showing sent on their system but I'm getting duplicates. They opened a ticket, asked if I can wipe /reload phone to which I did. No solve so they escalated it to blackberry supposedly. They think it's because the phone isn't registering the original text so it sends it again. When I get those double texts they all originated from telus cell phones only. I have a z30 and my uncle with the same problem has a z10. I think it might be an issue with telus having their own carrier specific specs built into the latest OS upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:51 PM
    I too am receiving duplicate (sometimed triplicate) txts on the Telus network to my z10 from iphone users. today in the span of 1 hr it's happened half a dozen times.

And I just did a clean install of 10.3 two days ago without a backup restore. it's not the OS, it's something to do with the network IMO
    09-18-14 09:18 AM
    I am on T Mobile USA and I also get duplicate text from iPhone users. It doesn't happen all the time and I have heard this is in IOS issue and I have read on other forums of folks having this issue. I have just learned to delete the duplicate and forget about it, you have to love technology.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    09-18-14 11:55 AM
    I get this from time to time on my Z30 when I get and send text msg with my girlfriend who has a Q5 and is on Bell. I'm on Telus.
    09-23-14 08:48 AM
    I wonder if it isn't a tower switching issue. Where sender and/or receiver might be on the edge of range for multiple towers. So two, or more, towers receive the out going, or incoming, message duplicating it as a result.

09-23-14 12:22 PM
    I wonder if it isn't a tower switching issue. Where sender and/or receiver might be on the edge of range for multiple towers. So two, or more, towers receive the out going, or incoming, message duplicating it as a result.

I thought of that as well except it doesn't always happen in the same place.
    09-23-14 12:27 PM
    I thought of that as well except it doesn't always happen in the same place.
    For you as the recipient? Or the person sending the message to you?

09-23-14 03:36 PM
38 12