Just wondering if any other z30 users out there with the same issue where the USB BlackBerry charger that came with my device got really hot and now does not charge anymore?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 03:59 PM
    I am still using the USB charger I got for my 9930 with my Z10 and now my Z30.
    But if yours does not work, you can get OEM charger for about 4 bucks on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-ACC-39343-301-Original-Micro-USB-Blackberry/dp/B00KFQXWRC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407532723&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+oem+blackberry+charger
    08-08-14 04:18 PM
    I am still using the USB charger I got for my 9930 with my Z10 and now my Z30.
    But if yours does not work, you can get OEM charger for about 4 bucks on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-ACC-39343-301-Original-Micro-USB-Blackberry/dp/B00KFQXWRC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407532723&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+oem+blackberry+charger
    Kool and thankyou! All of the new BlackBerry devices include an 850mhz output USB plug whereas all of the older models will trigger the pop up telling you to use the charger that came with your charger.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 07:26 PM
    First of all, I believe the "pop up" was a software glitch. Mine would throw that message on the stock charger until I did an OS update. Also, avoid aftermarket chargers (3rd party) they sometimes do not out put their stated power -- in other words, you do not know what you're running.
    08-10-14 08:54 AM
    First of all, I believe the "pop up" was a software glitch. Mine would throw that message on the stock charger until I did an OS update. Also, avoid aftermarket chargers (3rd party) they sometimes do not out put their stated power -- in other words, you do not know what you're running.
    Agreed! OEM ONLY! Heck...I'm still using an old Storm 2 charger aside from some other OEMs (Torch 9800 and Bold 9900).

Now I put them all away back in their boxes resting with the phones that they came with.

Just using the Z30 ones for our current Z30s

Also retired (even though still working well) our OEM car chargers and replaced them with 3 Premium OEM 1800mAh car chargers.

Did I mention OEM enough? LOL

? BlackBerry Z30 smartphone on Telus Network
    Last edited by qphone; 08-10-14 at 09:39 AM.
    08-10-14 09:07 AM
    Playbook charger is the one to get if you need a new one. You can pick those up cheap on Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:18 AM
    Playbook charger is the one to get if you need a new one. You can pick those up cheap on Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    Was using that as well until at that time my under 3 year old started to bite the MicroUSB end.

I guess that premium charger retired early. To much battle damage LOL

08-10-14 09:37 AM
    Was using that as well until at that time my under 3 year old started to bite the MicroUSB end.

I guess that premium charger retired early. To much battle damage LOL

Not when it was plugged in I hope!!

My first one died too, so got another.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:43 AM
    Not when it was plugged in I hope!!

My first one died too, so got another.

Posted via CB10
    Thank goodness it wasn't. I noticed it when my kids were watching TV and went over to see what my 3 year old was gnawing on...Yikes!

Damn...that's where that charger was, it slid behind the sofa cushion. When. I asked my wife earlier in the week where she put the PlayBook charger, she then remembered that after she unplugged it, she left it on the sofa.

Oh well...the PlayBook Still has its OEM Magnetic charger that it came with and still use it to this very day.

08-10-14 09:54 AM
    Thank goodness it wasn't. I noticed it when my kids were watching TV and went over to see what my 3 year old was gnawing on...Yikes!

Damn...that's where that charger was, it slid behind the sofa cushion. When. I asked my wife earlier in the week where she put the PlayBook charger, she then remembered that after she unplugged it, she left it on the sofa.

Oh well...the PlayBook Still has its OEM Magnetic charger that it came with and still use it to this very day.

You got the magnetic charger included?? I had to buy it separately.

As for gnawing on electrical stuff, I don't have kids, but the bloody cat seems to like doing it...

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:57 AM
    You got the magnetic charger included?? I had to buy it separately.

As for gnawing on electrical stuff, I don't have kids, but the bloody cat seems to like doing it...

Posted via CB10
    It came all together as a gift from my wonderful wife when it was launched. She bought the 64GB PlayBook, Magnetic Charger and 3 year extra no questions asked warranty from Future Shop which I used twice.

Brand new off the shelf replacement for a sticking power button and the second time was replaced again for a cosmetic blemish on the screen.

So technically...it did come with the PlayBook but was bought separately.

08-10-14 01:00 PM
    Get a PlayBook charger for 6 bucks.

Look at the pins inside the charger. They get pushed in. A loose/bad connection can cause overheating.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 02:39 PM