I vividly remember how cool it used to be for me to switch to the black calender, text messaging, bbm and WhatsApp -mode.
    But as I already stated, somehow I got bored with it.
    Don't know why.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    08-07-14 07:39 AM
    Too bad. I love the black themes!
    So easy on the eyes!
    tx ram, AidenSurvival and pttptppt like this.
    08-07-14 07:55 AM
    I agree with you, OP. When I first had the option of dark themes I was all over them. But then I started to be bothered by the inconsistencies between apps. Some apps allowed dark theme, and others only light. Eventually, I decided the light themes were more attractive anyway, and completely disabled all dark themes.

I may try again if there is a global dark theme option at one point. I want to see a little color in dark themes, though.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 08:03 AM
    One does not simply outgrow the dark theme...

I love my dark themes, soooo nice. Especially when I'm on my phone in the early morning or late at night. Always nice to not have the bright white background

Posted via BlackBerry Classic SQC100-2
    pttptppt likes this.
    08-07-14 02:59 PM
    Too bad. I love the black themes!
    So easy on the eyes!
    It's funny, I find the dark theme a bit harsh on my eyes. I'd like to have some lower contrast options, such as sepia and gray smoke.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    08-07-14 03:01 PM
    Darker themes in the hub! But I agree, has to have choices

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-07-14 03:25 PM
    Haven't a Z30 I hate the white theme. The black is just better looking.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    08-07-14 03:29 PM
    Yeah...dark theme isn't all that. Overrated IMO.
    Shadowyugi and southlander like this.
    08-07-14 03:42 PM
    If you're a night owl, you would love the dark them.

Edit: accidentally a word
    Last edited by mvpcrossxover; 08-07-14 at 05:45 PM.
    AidenSurvival likes this.
    08-07-14 04:35 PM
    The reason why I want a black or dark theme is not aesthetics only. For devices with OLED screen, it would give us a better battery life.
    08-07-14 05:05 PM
    The reason why I want a black or dark theme is not aesthetics only. For devices with OLED screen, it would give us a better battery life.
    Sure, but I've never had one.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 02:58 AM
    I've gotten a little bored of them as well. But if they could switch automatically by the time of day that would be amazing! Would make texting in bed a breeze without straining my eyes

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 04:18 AM
    The black themes on my Z10 i find very cool as have been rocking them for quite awhile. I get quite a few questions on the MTR here in HK about them and I get asked what phone I have. Proudly rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 16GB PlayBook
    08-08-14 04:36 AM
    I continue to use the dark theme as I've read it's better for the Q10 battery. Whichever extends my battery that's what I'm going to use.

via Q10
    08-08-14 04:40 AM
    I love the Dark theme but switched back to Light theme since I hate the inconsistencies, esp. on the Hub and Remember. Hopefully, 10.3.1 will bring forth a change.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    08-08-14 05:26 AM
    I continue to use the dark theme as I've read it's better for the Q10 battery. Whichever extends my battery that's what I'm going to use.

via Q10
    It doesn't do anything for the battery. You've been misled by the "dark theme" propaganda.

The theme's color is laid within the design of the application. There's a java code that's connected with the front-end on/off switch that triggers the dark or light. Similar to changing from a red theme to a blue theme. Other-words, the color of the theme doesn't matter and doesn't have any affect on the battery.

However, the backlight for the screen is what affects the battery. The brighter your backlight is, the faster your battery will go. Take a basic laptop for example. When running on "power-saver" mode, the color of your apps don't change; the entire OS doesn't turn dark. The backlight level is decreased to conserve battery so that your computer may run longer on battery. When plugged in, you may notice that the backlight brightens up. -OR- A television with "energy-saving" mode. When turned on, the backlight is more dim to lessen the amount of energy being produced.

So, there you have it, dark/light theme is just more about aesthetics/readability.
    08-08-14 07:47 AM
    Sure, but I've never had one.

Posted via CB10
    I used light theme on Z10, but as dark as possible on Z30.
    08-08-14 12:15 PM
    It doesn't do anything for the battery. You've been misled by the "dark theme" propaganda.

The theme's color is laid within the design of the application. There's a java code that's connected with the front-end on/off switch that triggers the dark or light. Similar to changing from a red theme to a blue theme. Other-words, the color of the theme doesn't matter and doesn't have any affect on the battery.

However, the backlight for the screen is what affects the battery. The brighter your backlight is, the faster your battery will go. Take a basic laptop for example. When running on "power-saver" mode, the color of your apps don't change; the entire OS doesn't turn dark. The backlight level is decreased to conserve battery so that your computer may run longer on battery. When plugged in, you may notice that the backlight brightens up. -OR- A television with "energy-saving" mode. When turned on, the backlight is more dim to lessen the amount of energy being produced.

So, there you have it, dark/light theme is just more about aesthetics/readability.
    I beg to differ. What you've said is true for LCD display, but untrue if you're talking about LED. LED can turn off the pixel when displaying black color, hence the darker the screen is, the less energy it would need. There are differences in these 2 different display technology.
    walt63 likes this.
    08-08-14 12:20 PM
    Will It Save Battery Life?

On most computer displays, such as the computer screen you?re probably reading this article on, using a black background won?t save you any battery life. No matter what color a pixel is ? whether it?s dark black or blinding white ? there?s a backlight at the back of your screen and it?s constantly outputting light. The black pixels block more of the backlight, but it?s still behind the black pixel, using power.

For many portable devices ? including Apple?s iPhone ? you can?t save any battery life by using a black background. Like on a computer?s LCD monitor, the iPhone?s backlight is constantly shining when the screen is on.

However, this doesn?t apply if you?re using a mobile device with an AMOLED (also known as Super AMOLED or OLED) display. OLED screens don?t have a solid backlight. Each pixel on an OLED screen is an ?organic light emitting diode? that produces its own light. When the pixel is black, it isn?t producing any light. When the pixel is white, it?s producing light.

In other words, if you use a black background on an AMOLED display, your display will produce less light. This will help save battery power, squeezing more battery life out of your device.

Source: http://www.howtogeek.com/131823/htg-...obile-devices/
    walt63 likes this.
    08-08-14 12:23 PM
    The beauty for those who are bored with it is....its not compulsory. So change it.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 12:30 PM
    @Andy

Valid points. Thanks for sharing the piece.
    08-08-14 12:39 PM
    @Andy

Valid points. Thanks for sharing the piece.
    You're very welcome Walt.
    08-08-14 10:02 PM

That is untrue. SuperAmoled screens use far less power when having a black screen.

http://www.howtogeek.com/131823/htg-...obile-devices/

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMOLED

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    08-08-14 10:41 PM
    Bad time to hate on the dark themes now that the beauty of it is coming soon

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-09-14 06:22 PM
    I did the same, disabled all dark themes because the UI doesn't seem consistent that way, until the hub becomes available in a dark theme I might consider switching back, although, with Android apps on the equation it won't seem as a feasible solution.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 06:33 PM
31 12