Hello Everyone,

yesterday was exactly 9 months since I switched to BlackBerry from an iPhone. In February, due to some loose soldering, the headphone jack socked stopped properly outputting audio, so my device got replaced.

Yesterday I had my Z10 hooked up to my MacBook to use tethering. Things were going great, but after some time the phone appeared to be disconnected from the computer, but the cable was plugged in. I tried to use a different cable, a different computer but the result was the same: the phone was not seen by the computers and even the Z10 did not show that it was connected to any.

I thought that a restart might solve the problem, so I pressed the button a touched the restart icon. This is the part where things went terribly wrong. I waited for 2 hours and 45 minutes, but the thing couldn't boot up. Hooked it up to a computer and checked if it appears among the USB devices. No luck.

It's now in for repairs or replacement hopefully.

What are the fault rates for Z10s? Can the USB problem be a sign of a hardware failure? Or could it be only software?

Unfortunately I couldn't try SIC MultiWipe, because I only had a Win PC in the office and did not want to install BB Link on it. Maybe an autoloader could have saved it (and me from the 8-10 days without my great phone )?
    08-07-14 05:33 AM
    Sorry to read about your problems. Hope they get resolved soon.
    08-07-14 08:22 AM
    And the question regarding the fault rates... only BlackBerry knows about it...
    Although I've been using a z10 since launch here in India

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    08-07-14 08:59 AM
    Sorry to hear about your Z10 problems, I've had mine mine for a year and the only big issue has been recently battery life. I've been loading up on android apps and using a beta 10.3 OS, maybe need to use a charger and backup battery with this set up. Can't help you though, hopefully someone can here. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 05:35 AM
    Higher error rate on Beta OS's but issued OS is solid with native BlackBerry apps. Hardware failure rate is low based on population. 15 years with BlackBerry smartphones.
    Atl BlackBerry user Z10
    Michael

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:10 AM