Hey all, I know these posts are totally stupid but I can't resist

After two years of BlackBerry I've decided to move my main phone to a..... brrrrrr..... Windows Phone 8.1 with Update 1. This decision came after running both OSes parallel for a month.

Why, well the reason is there is more activity going on there and the features added to 8.1 U1 are excellent (VPN and a lot more). The OS is fluid, snappy and well structured. I also like the slightly larger fonts which makes reading easier. The amount of new apps and app updates is very interesting. Also the OS has a Dev Preview which lets you get all the good stuff before all others. MS have done this pretty smartly, wish BlackBerry would take such an approach as it builds your core community well.

I like the way the tiles surface information. I don't always need to start an app to see whats new. The notification swap down from the top lets me see all new email subjects, messaging threads, etc. And the new BBM on WP is a blast. Fast and snappy.

However, I will regularly check here and stay updated. So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    08-06-14 04:01 PM
    Hey all, I know these posts are totally stupid but I can't resist

After two years of BlackBerry I've decided to move my main phone to a..... brrrrrr..... Windows Phone 8.1 with Update 1. This decision came after running both OSes parallel for a month.

Why, well the reason is there is more activity going on there and the features added to 8.1 U1 are excellent (VPN and a lot more). The OS is fluid, snappy and well structured. I also like the slightly larger fonts which makes reading easier. The amount of new apps and app updates is very interesting. Also the OS has a Dev Preview which lets you get all the good stuff before all others. MS have done this pretty smartly, wish BlackBerry would take such an approach as it builds your core community well.

I like the way the tiles surface information. I don't always need to start an app to see whats new. The notification swap down from the top lets me see all new email subjects, messaging threads, etc. And the new BBM on WP is a blast. Fast and snappy.

However, I will regularly check here and stay updated. So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    See you at WPCentral! I just got a Lumia 1520. Really liked the build quality and the OS. The apps I use are there. All good!

First time since 2007 that I'll be without a personal BB.
    08-06-14 04:13 PM
    How is your username not censored?
    08-06-14 04:19 PM
    @my username: no idea

@qbnkelt: make sure you get on the Dev Preview - its a free signup. Download the app, activate and download 8.1 and then Update 1. Btw - Kids corner and App corner are two very very handy options in WP.
    08-06-14 04:22 PM
    It's an awesome username

My next phones are going to be one of the BB devices and then I'll try a Win device too. It does look fluid and a lot of past webOS designers went to that OS also. Right now, I'm more focused on updating to a BB phone to play with as a daily driver.
    08-06-14 04:31 PM
    Here check out this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=260887

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 04:35 PM
    And since habs has provided the link, we say enjoy your new foray!
    pkcable likes this.
    08-06-14 04:39 PM