Just curious, with amazon app store being on bb10 and 10.3 right around the corner, will the functionality of the apps get any better? If so, why? The reason I'm asking this is because I have the amazon app store and the majority of my apps run crazy slow and take forever to start up. This is not how I want my apps to run. If there is an article that goes into depth (which I can't find) please point me in that direction. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 07:57 AM
    We all hope... but there is no real indication from anyone using an early leak or even those using a later version that much has really changed in the Runtime....

But 10.3.1 is apparently all most of us will see (unless you buy a Passport) and that could be several more months from now depending on when it is released and what carrier you have.

Just have to keep hoping.
    08-06-14 08:12 AM
    There is nothing about it yet so all the responses you are going to get is speculation.

Communicating with the customers has never been blackberry 's strong suit

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 05:30 PM
    Just want normal running apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 08:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is a secrete to that.... look at the bottom of this page and see if you can figure it out..
    08-07-14 03:17 PM
    Android apps are running noticeably faster for me in on 10.3 vs 10.2.1. Starting up takes a couple seconds longer than native apps but once it's loaded it's as smooth as if running a native app for the most part.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    08-07-14 07:14 PM
    We all hope... but there is no real indication from anyone using an early leak or even those using a later version that much has really changed in the Runtime....

But 10.3.1 is apparently all most of us will see (unless you buy a Passport) and that could be several more months from now depending on when it is released and what carrier you have.

Just have to keep hoping.
    Once the SDK is released within the next few weeks then we will see

Posted via my Z30 running 10.3.0.700
    08-07-14 07:56 PM
    Once the SDK is released within the next few weeks then we will see

Posted via my Z30 running 10.3.0.700
    i'm hoping they open up APIs even Apple (iOS8) opened up their APIs. That is the last company I could see doing that. Hopefully BlackBerry knows what they are doing.
    08-07-14 09:45 PM
    There is a secrete to that.... look at the bottom of this page and see if you can figure it out..
    The Android Central link!
    08-07-14 09:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Run native apps and support your native BB10 developers...

Check out PillPad http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19042021 Now Built For BlackBerry Certified, BB10 App developer, Cystic Fibrosis Advocate.
    08-07-14 10:09 PM
    Just curious, with amazon app store being on bb10 and 10.3 right around the corner, will the functionality of the apps get any better? If so, why? The reason I'm asking this is because I have the amazon app store and the majority of my apps run crazy slow and take forever to start up. This is not how I want my apps to run. If there is an article that goes into depth (which I can't find) please point me in that direction. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Because BlackBerry just has to break even. We don't know how, but we know why.

Living a retro life fulfilling the intentions of yesterday. By tomorrow, I will be ready for today.
    08-07-14 10:25 PM
    What about apps that require Google play services? A majority or the android apps I want to run all require Google play services? I can download from amazon or snap but they still don't work when I get then on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 06:39 AM
    What about apps that require Google play services? A majority or the android apps I want to run all require Google play services? I can download from amazon or snap but they still don't work when I get then on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    We are not getting Google Play Services! So those apps that you used SNAP to install aren't every going to work. There is a tread on how to get some of these apps to work - you'll have to search for it. But it seems to be complicated and doesn't always work....

Amazon Apps don't require Google Play Services, so you should be safe getting apps from there. But there are other limitations that prevent some Amazon Apps from working... hopefully this will be addressed in the coming months.
    08-08-14 08:48 AM
    We are not getting Google Play Services! So those apps that you used SNAP to install aren't every going to work. There is a tread on how to get some of these apps to work - you'll have to search for it. But it seems to be complicated and doesn't always work....

Amazon Apps don't require Google Play Services, so you should be safe getting apps from there. But there are other limitations that prevent some Amazon Apps from working... hopefully this will be addressed in the coming months.
    Only bad thing about amazon app store is that a lot of apps aren't up to date. That is why I will keep on using Snap

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 10:15 AM
    Scale master, looked at the bottom of the page still can't figured it out. Nice answer by the way.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 04:05 PM