After a few OS updates is sad to see how far behind is the native Contacs and the incredible flaws it has. I run 10.2.1.537 (Q10).

Blackberry developing team should be ashamed. And I am sure nothing there won't be a fix in version 10.3.

Flaw # 1
    Cannot copy any field in view mode. You should edit the contact in order to copy a field.

Flaw # 2
    In edition mode the address field doesn't offer COPY or CUT options. Incredible!

See it your self.

Incredible flaws in Contacts-img_20140806_063800.png

Posted via CB10
    nisarg86 likes this.
    08-06-14 06:47 AM
    Those flaws are incredible!

Posted via CB10
    Dianasue likes this.
    08-06-14 07:25 AM
    After a few OS updates is sad to see how far behind is the native Contacs and the incredible flaws it has. I run 10.2.1.537 (Q10).

Blackberry developing team should be ashamed. And I am sure nothing there won't be a fix in version 10.3.

Flaw # 1
    Cannot copy any field in view mode. You should edit the contact in order to copy a field.

Flaw # 2
    In edition mode the address field doesn't offer COPY or CUT options. Incredible!

See it your self.
    The contacts app brings me to tears if it doesn�t infuriate me. The cloud integration works only half of the time and it sometimes happens that changes or additions are not saved. There is a long list of issues with that app, I hope 10.3 is finally solving them.
    Dianasue likes this.
    08-06-14 07:35 AM
    in 10.3 you can copy in view mode and you can copty paste and cut in edit mode
    macberry33 likes this.
    08-06-14 07:38 AM
    I'm on 10.3....

And both of these "problems" seem to have been corrected.

1) In "view" mode, long pressing on most any field slides out the COPY option.

) In "edit" mode, that address field does allow Cut, Copy, Select All, Share....
    08-06-14 07:41 AM
    I think your title is a bit over the top, but your points are valid. Here is one more:

I have 3 email accounts, Facebook, Twitter installed, but only one email account is linked to my contacts. My contact app now has 5 duplicates of every contact. I do not save on sim nor sync to PC.

Z30)++
    DocDRM likes this.
    08-06-14 07:55 AM
    Boy, by ready the title, I thought there was a huge flaw with contacts. I would call then more like minor nuisances

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM and NeoFighter170 like this.
    08-06-14 08:27 AM
    ^^^^^ agreed. Some ppl are so dramatic.

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM likes this.
    08-06-14 08:31 AM
    I think your title is a bit over the top, but your points are valid. Here is one more:

I have 3 email accounts, Facebook, Twitter installed, but only one email account is linked to my contacts. My contact app now has 5 duplicates of every contact. I do not save on sim nor sync to PC.

Z30)++
    There is an option to link them together to make them into one contact!
    08-06-14 08:32 AM

Z30)++
    These can be "LINKED", but I've had them become unlinked again - also had Contact App LINK non related Contacts together randomly... so I wouldn't spend a lot of time trying to fix this. There are some bugs in the Contacts App - many of them can be avoided by not doing OTA updates and by not doing a Restore. If you app works, great. If it a little buggy try to live with it. If you are having major issue, you'll need a play for doing a Security Wipe and either trying a restore or start fresh.
    08-06-14 09:14 AM
    I am glad to hear that 10.3 fixed the reported flaws. It is truly sad that current loyal users of OS10 cannot have an official fixed right away.

For those of you saying that I these are minor flaws, I respect your opinion. But for me are major ones.

Let me explain why this is incredible and unacceptable.

Blackberry was a multi-billion company that had the biggest market share in smartphones and hence a lot of experience, specially in business oriented smartphones.

Contacts is part of the eco app system for business users. And the mentioned flaws (for me of course) are just a sign of the lack of attention from what were suppose to be the experts.

Is precisely this type of flaws that can be corrected in minor upgrades but they don't offer them. Another incredible attitude.

There are also other flaws in Contacts like when some of them disappear and after rebooting they show up again. Not to mention having all of the sudden duplicate entries, or the birthday field not linked with calendar (legacy OS had that solved out).

If Blackberry is a startupcompany I would understand it. But for Blackberry that should be just unacceptable.

Furthermore I could show you here and there things that were done right in BlackBerry legacy OS and that just don't work in OS10 or that just disappear for no reason. For me that is incredible coming from the supposedly experts in smartphones.

Any way, it is taking too long for Blackberry to put all their act together and even then we will be missing a lot of great features that OS7 had and that no body in BlackBerry cares anymore.

On a side note, thank you for all your great comments on this post.

Posted via CB10
    amnan.pahamin likes this.
    08-06-14 11:41 AM
    in 10.3 you can copy in view mode and you can copty paste and cut in edit mode
    Great, i is a relief to know flaws are solved.

Too sad we have to wait for the official fix a few months from now.
    08-06-14 12:55 PM
    The guys from dev dept must look at the legacy os. Just this! And maybe to have a look at the legacy HTC Sense interface ( maybe 3 or 4 variant) which was the best phone app ever!

Proudly Z10 owner
    08-06-14 01:05 PM
    What about duplication issue?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 01:05 PM
    I've had this same issue with contacts but add to it, when certain calls or texts are incoming it just displays the number and not the contact that is saved in the phone. Integration I hope is much better on 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    GodGibson likes this.
    08-06-14 01:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I haven't experienced this with 10.3... but I also don't do a restore or try to use LINK to sync with Outlook.

I've had this same issue with contacts but add to it, when certain calls or texts are incoming it just displays the number and not the contact that is saved in the phone. Integration I hope is much better on 10.3.

Posted via CB10

Early version was doing it... I just reloaded 10.3.0.296 and updated a few of the System Bar files, and that issue isn't happing anymore. But again I always do a clean install, don't do restores or use Sachesi to install....
    08-06-14 02:15 PM
    296 is still doing it. Bit of a farce getting

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-07-14 12:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes i had this issue. Right now I have 961 contacts and still since I've installed. 700. When I had. 296 my contacts started at 961, hence the word "started". I've ended up with 3x that amount by the end of a day. I would go through my whole contact list and delete the duplication. But it looks like. 700 took care of whatever issue that was.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 05:28 AM
    The native contact app with functional issues along with unbelievable duplications was certainly a "ball and chain" for me. I sure hope they develop that into something in line with the iconic legacy contact apps.

Posted via CrackBerry App - Samsung Galaxy S4
    08-07-14 12:01 PM
    Hallelujah finally
    08-07-14 12:03 PM
    When people say "duplicate contacts ". Do they mean duplicate from the same account? Or are they coming from multiple accounts and not linking?

Asking because the only time I have experienced this is from multiple accounts.

Posted via Z10
    08-07-14 12:13 PM
    When people say "duplicate contacts ". Do they mean duplicate from the same account? Or are they coming from multiple accounts and not linking?

Posted via Z10
    It was hard to develop a pattern that was consistent but I did research that in my case there were many contacts that I had multiple phone numbers for that got split into a contact for each number. In other cases there were just multiple replications of the same contact.

Posted via CrackBerry App - Samsung Galaxy S4
    08-07-14 07:05 PM
    I'm on 10.3....

And both of these "problems" seem to have been corrected.

1) In "view" mode, long pressing on most any field slides out the COPY option.

) In "edit" mode, that address field does allow Cut, Copy, Select All, Share....
    Quick question in 10.3 Does the business name all show up on phone calls and is their an option to sort by contacts name and business in the same list?

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    08-07-14 07:17 PM

Posted via Z10
    The contacts for some people (including myself) was so random it was impossible to figure out. Some days I could add a new contact fine and other days it would double up. When importing contacts was when it was at its worst. Some contacts from hotmail and some from Sim duplicated up to 5 times.. Thank god for contactapps as they helped ease the pain but was never cured. A contact that was fine one day would randomly double up weeks later. It would helped if bb included directions on how the app works, but there's minimal info. I have a moto g as well and i tell ya, its heaven having things so simple. Even bbos was bulletproof yet I'm not sure what the guys were smoking when they coded bb10 contacts...

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-07-14 09:24 PM
    I m getting pissed off with the Contacts. One contact name get generated into so many similar names with empty details. What a useless hassle. BB is reverse gear mode!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 09:40 PM
54 123