My Z10 has started acting up. I keep losing blue tooth connection and my phone locks up so I can't make phone calls.

I figured it's time to upgrade. I just walked into a Verizon store and I meet with a rep who asks for my phone number so he can get me on the waiting list. He asks why I'm here and I tell him I'm looking to upgrade my phone. He asks what I currently own and I tell him. He laughs and says "yeah, it's definitely time to upgrade".

I look around and see all the phones being displayed. I ask him where the blackberry phones are and he says they're all in the back "somewhere."

I ask him if they carry a z30 and he says he thinks they have a couple.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 05:37 PM
    Sounds like you need to speak to a manager about his poor customer service and attitude..

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 05:55 PM
    we have a lot of these stories, one could only hope after the restructure things will get better.
    08-05-14 05:56 PM
    I'm not sure that Verizon has had an official falling out with BB as Tmobile did but the results are similar. When I checked for the Z30, there were no stores within any driving distance that carried them. I guess if an item does not sell they see no point in stocking it. And if they don't stock it, it certainly won't sell. Is there some kind of circular "illogic" about this scenario?
    08-05-14 05:58 PM
    For the callous attitude of the sales person I blame the Manager. But for not having full carrier support as well as inventory, BlackBerry only has itself to blame. Hope things will improve.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-05-14 09:29 PM
    When I got my z30 from Verizon I had to get it from online.
    08-06-14 12:41 AM
    Same experience here. However, what sells is what is properly marketed. The BB10 devices are a classic example of a great (arguably the best) product placed in the best possible sales venues but don't sell worth beans. People (except BB fans) want to pick them up, turn them on, and use them immediately with little to no learning curve. This goes for the salesperson as well.
    So, if you can sell Product A and B and have very little buyers remorse (returns), but Product C is a PITA to deal with then you learn to sell Products A and B. Put Product C in the back so it doesn't get in the way of your livelihood.
    BlackBerry is a victim of itself. As they say, you have to spend money to make money. BlackBerry hasn't done that effectively.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    08-06-14 07:02 AM
    I ran into a similar situation in Sept. of last year when I too went to my local VZW store. The rep didn't even know where in the store a BlackBerry was. Once she found it she then said she had to get some other guy to show it to me and he was busy right then. I walked out and called VZW sales and ordered one to be sent,at no charge. I specifically ordered in Black not White. When I got my emailed shipping notification guess what it was? White! So I called about it and VZW wouldn't ship me a replacement until they got the White one back. I asked to speak to her supervisor and explained it all over again. She agreed to go ahead and ship me another BlackBerry Z10 in Black and to refuse delivery of the White one. Finally got my Z10 almost a year now and no regrets. VZW stores need a kick in their asses to get BlackBerry phones out on display and get their reps up to date on how they work. Lazy SOB's.
    08-06-14 07:34 AM
    When I got my z30 from Verizon I had to get it from online.
    But I want to see/feel it. That cannot be done ONLINE until it arrives. Not my way of buying certain things.
    08-06-14 09:11 AM
    If you don't like it you have I believe 14 days to return it without any penalty.
    08-06-14 09:17 AM
    not VZW, my story involves Telstra here in Australia. Asked the dude if there was a Z30 on display and he said why bother, it's old technology. I politely told him that his statement is highly debatable and whilst his manager was next to him, I said that it's alright I will buy the units (for my staff as well) from another place. I was cool, calm, collected and polite all the way. His face was priceless. I think it will be awhile before he has that attitude again.

seven BlackBerrys and counting...
    08-06-14 09:17 AM
    not VZW, my story involves Telstra here in Australia. Asked the dude if there was a Z30 on display and he said why bother, it's old technology. I politely told him that his statement is highly debatable and whilst his manager was next to him, I said that it's alright I will buy the units (for my staff as well) from another place. I was cool, calm, collected and polite all the way. His face was priceless. I think it will be awhile before he has that attitude again.

seven BlackBerrys and counting...
    This is exactly what people need to do. This is not a cultural war. Its commerce pure and simple. Once sales people know that you have money to spend and you will happily spend it elsewhere you get results
    08-06-14 09:25 AM
    Good for you!
    08-06-14 09:32 AM
    Truthfully I have bought many phones in the last 3 years at different carriers and the conversation always goes this way. Hi I want to buy x phone. Rep says ok and goes to get it signs and signs me up. I have never had a single person try to question me or bring up an alternative purchase. I wonder if there are different sales incentives that are creating these negative experiences that don't exist in canada
    08-06-14 09:33 AM
    A sale is a sale,reps aren't concerned if you know what you want. If you ask to see not buy then that leaves it open to try and push products that have higher commissions, period.
    08-06-14 09:41 AM
    Customer service usually stinks when the 'servers' have so little to lose. Blackberry isn't a big seller, and commissions in a typical wireless retailer facility aren't that high. Good customer service is what you get from someone who is (1) experienced, and (2) has a stake in it, e.g. high commissions on bigger ticket items. Blackberry is not sufficiently successful to have its own retail stores, the way Apple does. If it did, you'd see a difference.
    08-06-14 09:53 AM
    I had a similar event but this was at the Orange County fair here in California. Vzw had a booth set up and as I walked by the representative as me what kind of phone I had. I told him I had a BlackBerry then he said too bad they going out of business. I look at him and said really that's news to me. He then told me that HTC bought them out. I just shook my head and told him to go to Crackberry. Com and to get the real truth. He then said " I go to that site all the time". I just SMH and walked away . Sad thing is I am on vzw.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 10:00 AM
    I know how you feel I've been on vzw for a while and I hate to have explain my wanting what I want when I want it to a rep not interested in BlackBerry . I'm also in the retail sales industry so I agree it's a lot about getting the right info out there and the right incentives to get the sales force motivated to get the sale. When someone questions my choice of a BlackBerry I smile and try to explain the advantage of our platform. It's recognized as more secure and stable and that's a start then if interested I'll go into details but if I get the negative then I tell them it's their loss.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 10:32 AM
    Verizon sucks, plain and simple. I've been with all the carriers and the worst customer service and platform combined is them. Yes it is true you'll get the similar responses in regards to BlackBerry issues from their reps. Every store I've been in they've always suggested I dump it. At he rate that BlackBerry has been doing things I just might sadly.
    08-06-14 01:22 PM
    This happens to me nearly every time I walk into a Verizon store. I am not surprised by these stories anymore.
    08-06-14 01:31 PM
    I don't get why representatives at wireless carriers in the US act the way they do. They're there to sell are they not?

If you're a good sales rep then you would address someone coming in for a BlackBerry by assessing that customers use and making recommendations based on your fact finding. You don't shot yourself in the foot by making negative comments over that customers brand choice!

A great sales person will sell you anything and knows almost everything about their products and services. They're also exceptional at processing the paperwork afterwards. I'd rather have 5 quality sales transactions, where I've cross-sold or up- sold on products and or services, then see 10 to 20 customers for single items at a time. That's real sales and usually how commission sales works.

**Look! It's Zedzilla!**
    08-06-14 01:40 PM
    Truthfully I have bought many phones in the last 3 years at different carriers and the conversation always goes this way. Hi I want to buy x phone. Rep says ok and goes to get it signs and signs me up. I have never had a single person try to question me or bring up an alternative purchase. I wonder if there are different sales incentives that are creating these negative experiences that don't exist in canada
    No we're just more polite about it. The guy at the Bell store that sold my sister her Z30 was very cautious about selling it. But when he was certain that "I" knew how to use it, he set it up with no further argument and then watched me migrate her BBM contacts from her 9900. It was the first time he saw anyone do it, he thanked me for showing him. Said he had no idea it was that fast and easy to do.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 04:13 PM
    I don't get why representatives at wireless carriers in the US act the way they do. They're there to sell are they not?

If you're a good sales rep then you would address someone coming in for a BlackBerry by assessing that customers use and making recommendations based on your fact finding. You don't shot yourself in the foot by making negative comments over that customers brand choice!

A great sales person will sell you anything and knows almost everything about their products and services. They're also exceptional at processing the paperwork afterwards. I'd rather have 5 quality sales transactions, where I've cross-sold or up- sold on products and or services, then see 10 to 20 customers for single items at a time. That's real sales and usually how commission sales works.

**Look! It's Zedzilla!**
    Yeah, well remember, we are talking about cell phone sales associates, not 'great sales person's ! ;-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    08-06-14 07:02 PM
    After I read the title, I didn't even have to read any further to know what happened... It's easier to just claim that BlackBerry is old technology and try to sell something else, rather than KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT.

Posted via CB10 from the AWESOME Z30; because I know!
    08-06-14 07:06 PM
    Similar attitudes at Bell here in Canada - I was showing my wife the Q10 so she could try before committing to buy one online, and the reps started with the attitude. I just shut them right down, said she needs a phone with a keyboard that works, and BB10 is the best OS out there right now especially for a communications-first device. They just shut up and went and sat back down behind the counter.
    It was one of those "I'm not here for your attitude, I'm here to demo the product" moments and I think they realized that pretty quick.
    08-07-14 09:35 AM
26 12