Yesterday on my return commuting, I was writing some mails in my Z10. Those mail are personal but important communications and BlackBerry virtual keyboard was giving me flow like buttery smooth.
    Since I am still rocking 9700, I fell in love with Classic from the day Mr.Chen raised his hand holding one. But now I think otherwise.
    Will BlackBerry Classic with physical keyboard with only 3 words suggestions measure up to virtual keyboard of Z series. Will typing win over flicking? Or Passport is the answer?
    Maybe I'll wait for next year classic with capacitive keyboard so that BlackBerry somehow brings the flicking to physical keyboard?
    Wishful thinking? What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 09:24 PM
    The only thing saving me from utter typo humiliation is the autocorrect on the z10. If I paid attention to whatever it is I'm typing, it's just garbage. Everything is just garbage. I bet if I turned off the autocorrect now, nobody would understand me or maybe just get hints of what I'm trying to say.

I've moved to this from the bold 9900, and I think touchscreen rocks.
    No need presses and faster typing. You just lightly tap everything like The Flash.

Posted via CB10
    newcollector and awindsr like this.
    08-04-14 10:41 PM
    I totally agree with Ammar.

Big Brother Hoards Your Data, stop the hoarding.
    08-05-14 12:16 AM
    I've got both a Q and a Z and have used them both for a longer period in time. As far as typing speed goes I've been doing quite a bit of comparison between the both.

Both devices seem almost equally fast in typing the sentences that I bust out in daily life. The Z is faster when typing the average sentence and takes the lead in performance on this one.

The odds do change if you regularly type more or less uncommon phrases. The auto correct won't help you out here and actually will do the opposite. Mess up sentences that you do want to type.

Typing installation instructions for software in example is faster on the Q then on the Z.

I do think that being able to flip the word predicted from the keyboard on the passport will be quite an advantage for the speediness of the keyboard.

On the other hand I just like typing on a hardware keyboard a lot. No auto correct necessary to tinker with my crappy touch typing but just the right letter at the right time.

I'm still torn...

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 12:53 AM
    @Jeroen It is amazing how you flip Q and Z adjusting keyboard styles. I use 9700 mostly calls and Z for data.

You are right in messing up of words. Nowadays I face that issue around 10%.

I want to type 'wait' and it suggests 'waiting'. I have to type wait to complete it. No short cuts.

By logic it should suggest 'wait' while i type 'wa' AND instead of flicking 'wait' if I continue typing 't' it should display the next longer word 'waiting' etc. 'prioritizing small words over user library' AND 'prioritizing user library over small words if user ignores small words suggestion' are IMO doable.
    singhvikas101 and FF22 like this.
    08-05-14 05:02 AM
    The only thing saving me from utter typo humiliation is the autocorrect on the z10. If I paid attention to whatever it is I'm typing, it's just garbage. Everything is just garbage. I bet if I turned off the autocorrect now, nobody would understand me or maybe just get hints of what I'm trying to say.

I've moved to this from the bold 9900, and I think touchscreen rocks.
    No need presses and faster typing. You just lightly tap everything like The Flash.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed 100% my friend.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 06:05 AM
    Happens with me too! and I agree to your suggestion.
    @Jeroen It is amazing how you flip Q and Z adjusting keyboard styles. I use 9700 mostly calls and Z for data.

You are right in messing up of words. Nowadays I face that issue around 10%.

I want to type 'wait' and it suggests 'waiting'. I have to type wait to complete it. No short cuts.

By logic it should suggest 'wait' while i type 'wa' AND instead of flicking 'wait' if I continue typing 't' it should display the next longer word 'waiting' etc. 'prioritizing small words over user library' AND 'prioritizing user library over small words if user ignores small words suggestion' are IMO doable.
    08-05-14 06:11 AM
    The Z10 keyboard is awesome (auto correct + word prediction) but I just miss the feel of a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 06:17 AM
    I have a Q and always buy the keyboards because I can't type on the screens. I also don't use the suggest feature because that just slows me down when I type. I have a few words in autocorrect to keep me going fast but that's it.
    08-05-14 06:20 AM
    To me, virtual keyboard and physical are the same.

In virtual keyboard, you still need to look at it and look for the right word to swipe up. Z10 is good for 1handed typing. I don't know about z30 because I've never tried.

In physical, (if you are used to this), you don't have to look at the physical keyboard but just a little glance because your muscle memory is at it. 3 row word suggestion is just fine. You can type fast with this too.

I think it's just how or what you prefer on what you do.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 06:27 AM
    I have a Q and always buy the keyboards because I can't type on the screens. I also don't use the suggest feature because that just slows me down when I type. I have a few words in autocorrect to keep me going fast but that's it.
    I think you can tweak something in with the word suggestion option in your Q. no auto correct but just suggestions. It could probably make you type more faster.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 06:29 AM
    I think you can tweak something in with the word suggestion option in your Q. no auto correct but just suggestions. It could probably make you type more faster.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, suggestions slow me down. I've tried them before, hated it.
    08-05-14 08:05 AM