Dear Forum,

I'm considering migrating from the iphone to either a Q10 or Z10. More likely the Z10 at this juncture. Though the q10 is intriguing, I have big fingers and don't think I could type very well on the small keys. Anyway, I've read that on OS 10.x its not possible to move from reading one email to another without backing out to the home screen first. Apparently there is no 'next/previous' function? Since I get many emails in a day this would be very difficult.

Can someone comment about this situation?

Many thanks! Cheers!
    08-04-14 11:41 AM
    Yes it's there even on 10.2.1
    I'm using 10.3 now
    Will my transition from the iPhone to the Z10 be a smooth transition for my email?-img_20140805_004452.png

Posted via CB10
    Yes it's there even on 10.2.1
    I'm using 10.3 now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140805_004452.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	288901

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 11:46 AM
    If you can type on an iPhone you can type on a Q10... keys are raised. But if you are use to the screen realestate, you might want to stick with a Z10.

There is a next/previous feature (in 10.3 anyway) to switch to the next or preceding email without going back to the top of the "HUB" (messaging center). But it does fade in and out and might require an extra swipe to get it back.

But overall the communication capabilities of BB10 are far better than those on iOS. Think you will be happy if that is your main concern.
    08-04-14 11:52 AM
    Yes you can tap at the sender to show the overlay again

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 11:55 AM
    There are Next and Previous overlayed buttons when an email is open in the current BB10 10.2.1 but you may have to turn them on in the Settings.

You can also go to the Next and Previous email using a swipe gesture.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    08-04-14 11:56 AM
    Dear Forum,

I'm considering migrating from the iphone to either a Q10 or Z10. More likely the Z10 at this juncture. Though the q10 is intriguing, I have big fingers and don't think I could type very well on the small keys. Anyway, I've read that on OS 10.x its not possible to move from reading one email to another without backing out to the home screen first. Apparently there is no 'next/previous' function? Since I get many emails in a day this would be very difficult.

Can someone comment about this situation?

Many thanks! Cheers!
    Yes you can go from one to another. Two ways. Either read one and hit the back button to find the next one that you want to read, which just takes you back to the Hub where all your emails will be on your device not all the way to the home screen, or while you are in one email, a next/previous button will appear in the lower right corner which takes you right to the next email in order. Screen shots show the icons, which disappear until you move around the screen.
    Will my transition from the iPhone to the Z10 be a smooth transition for my email?-img_20140804_125216.png
    Will my transition from the iPhone to the Z10 be a smooth transition for my email?-img_20140804_125221.png

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    08-04-14 12:01 PM
    Thank you so much for taking the time to help! Great answer! You really helped! I'm buying it!

Do you know when 10.03 is being released? I'm kind of hoping to be able to avoid doing the upgrade myself.

cheers! And thanks again!
    08-04-14 04:58 PM
    Hi Scalemaster!

Thank you so much for the information. Yeah, its communication that I am concerned with. That and music as silly as it sounds. I'm a self employed DJ and I have to do my own scheduling, booking and tracking of payments. And of course I have all that music and all those playlists. So between taking a gig confirmation, putting in a calendar, blocking out the date, scheduling the payment data and following up with it, and the numerous client emails about how they want things done, the communications aspect is just critical.

I have two other questions, if you wouldn't mind. Not closely related. As I am a newbie, I don't know if I can ask them as a follow up with you, or if I should start a new posting? One is about email and folders and the other is about the music player capabilities vs IOS.

cheers!
    08-04-14 05:04 PM
    that is just awesome! Thank you so much!
    08-04-14 05:05 PM
    Even though the forward backwards buttons are a one click thing, it moves back into the hub and then to the next /previous mail, though in one swift move, it still takes that split second longer then one would expect.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 05:27 PM
    It is also gesture based. In an open email swipe from center left edge of the screen inward about an inch then up for previous or down for next.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 06:01 PM
    Hi Scalemaster!

Thank you so much for the information. Yeah, its communication that I am concerned with. That and music as silly as it sounds. I'm a self employed DJ and I have to do my own scheduling, booking and tracking of payments. And of course I have all that music and all those playlists. So between taking a gig confirmation, putting in a calendar, blocking out the date, scheduling the payment data and following up with it, and the numerous client emails about how they want things done, the communications aspect is just critical.

I have two other questions, if you wouldn't mind. Not closely related. As I am a newbie, I don't know if I can ask them as a follow up with you, or if I should start a new posting? One is about email and folders and the other is about the music player capabilities vs IOS.

cheers!
    First, try a quick search in the "Search Forums" box at the top. If you don't see an appropriate thread, then by all means post new threads for each question. We like to see one thread = one topic. That makes it easier for the next person searching.

BTW: Welcome to CrackBerry!
    08-04-14 06:03 PM