Am I the only one who thinks stickers from BlackBerry (BBM) should be free....?

I think it's signalling a sad state of affairs if BlackBerry has to resort to selling stickers $.99 a pop to help with revenues.... x_x

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 10:53 PM
    But think about all the effort and skill that went into re-sizing all those BBM emoticons.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 11:05 PM
    But you also have to remember, popeye, and disney, and pink panther, those they needed permission to reproduce them, and that's not free...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 10:17 AM
    No OP, you are not the only one who thinks they should be free.

There are many folks, like you, who want others to give you things for free. Unfortunately, they have a severely crippled comprehension of the efforts involved in creating products, services, intellectual property, etc. Or if they do have limited cognitive skills, they, being incapable of contributing to the world around them, STILL demand others produce items for them to consume for free.

If anyone doubts these people exist, look in the basements of parents everywhere; alternatively, look on the couches of productive members of society as they are likely providing for these "moochers".
    08-04-14 11:56 AM
    Easy there... I'm pretty sure what the OP means to say is that the BBM-themed stickers should be free. I mean, after all they are simply a scaled up version of the existing BBM emoticons. Additionally, providing them for free let's new users "wet their feet" at the sticker game (the mechanics of downloading one and including them in their conversations), which may encourage them to get a paid pack.

On the other hand, they are probably the most likely used set of stickers (i.e. Familiar and most broadly applicable to conversations), which I guess makes them the most "valuable."

Posted via CB10
    Rowan M likes this.
    08-04-14 02:05 PM
    Thank you animalpak... seems to be the "in" thing nowadays to get off on simplest hint of "anti-blackberry" comments.
    At no point did I suggest that 3rd party stickers should be free. I said "BlackBerry (BBM team)" stickers.
    The BBM team gets paid to develop and improve BBM just like new emoticons that show up ever so often, to channels and any other update to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 02:57 PM
    Easy there... I'm pretty sure what the OP means to say is that the BBM-themed stickers should be free. I mean, after all they are simply a scaled up version of the existing BBM emoticons. Additionally, providing them for free let's new users "wet their feet" at the sticker game (the mechanics of downloading one and including them in their conversations), which may encourage them to get a paid pack.

On the other hand, they are probably the most likely used set of stickers (i.e. Familiar and most broadly applicable to conversations), which I guess makes them the most "valuable."

Posted via CB10
    Your last point is true, the bbm ones are the only ones I've bought. Also they do at least give that initial pack for free, and that does wet people's feet.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 10:28 AM