I admire Chen, I really do.

He is doing a brilliant job of guiding BB back to the path of self-sustainability, but I have to ask,

why no marketing on BBs success in F1? Even a little bit? a magazine ad, a tv commercial, why aren't they milking this success on their blog? on their FB page? Everywhere!

I just don't get it. Why aren't they capitalizing on this success? All the extra tv time and exposure?

Anybody???
    08-03-14 05:09 PM
    Amen.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    08-03-14 05:25 PM
    Depends what the sponsorship contrat allows them to do

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 05:28 PM
    Just can't afford it still. They are clearly allowed to trumpet their contributions to the team as they have put out a few YouTube videos about it. However I've seen more MS ads touting their Lotus "partnership" (even as auto-play flash ads onside the CB desktop page).

This one in particular:

Which is ironic considering how much winning Lotus has been doing this season... lol

My biggest question is whether Mercedes will continue to actually use BlackBerry once their deal runs out (even if they don't put stickers all over themselves).

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 05:38 PM
    im sure you have to spend a lot more and buy your own ads in order to really take advantage of the sponsorship. That means that probably some other consumer brand will be taking over going forward
    08-03-14 06:59 PM