So yesterday I got an update for BBM. After having the phone restart, I found myself with 7 new apps installed on my legacy device(Curve 9220).
    The thing is, this apps look really weird, like developer apps.

Sapphire API Logger
    PlatformDemo
    PlatformDemo2
    BBM SDK Demo
    Begging Demo
    Tic-Tac-Toe
    Tic-Tac-Toe+

This apps WON'T work if you don't allow a connection to BBM.

You can check out the screen shots here.
    I won' add them here because they are over 30 xD
    08-02-14 10:11 AM
    They are developer apps. Are you part of any betas?
    08-02-14 11:22 AM
    Hi I got the same 7 Apps after a prompted upgrade and there is no "Delete" option which concerns me....Any ideas how I can rid myself of these items?

Thanks Martin
    08-02-14 11:35 AM
    Hy! I'm not a developer but I got these too, tictactoe sdk ...

trying upload screenshot...
    7 "Weird" apps appeared after updating BBM-wp_20140802_001.jpg
    08-02-14 12:27 PM
    Hi I got the same 7 Apps after a prompted upgrade and there is no "Delete" option which concerns me....Any ideas how I can rid myself of these items?

Thanks Martin
    Which upgrade to which device? Mine - 9900 - got a 2807 OTA update but the sdk come before it
    08-02-14 12:34 PM
    I got it! Settings/Device/Applications and there is an app called Blackberry Messenger. On my picture a yellow and a blue men in the lower row - it has the same icon in the appliacation manager.

It can be deleted, and it will erase all of the seven applications too!
    ItrathA and xristfer like this.
    08-02-14 01:17 PM
    Thanks very much! It worked perfectly well though I would have liked to keep the tic-tac-toe
    08-03-14 03:47 AM
    It's Bold 9900...I can't find a delete option for them on......am I missing something? Thanks Martin
    08-03-14 11:46 AM
    I got it! Settings/Device/Applications and there is an app called Blackberry Messenger. On my picture a yellow and a blue men in the lower row - it has the same icon in the appliacation manager.

It can be deleted, and it will erase all of the seven applications too!
    I did this but now my bbm icon is missing...
    08-04-14 03:44 PM
    I updated my curve - now I have these errant apps and i want to get rid of them (no delete option) and I don't use BBM - how do I do this please? (without resetting to factory settings)

Where can I find this : "Settings/Device/Applications" as I can't find it...
    Last edited by Jessica Chalmers; 08-04-14 at 06:20 PM.
    08-04-14 06:05 PM
    I updated my curve - now I have these errant apps and i want to get rid of them (no delete option) and I don't use BBM - how do I do this please? (without resetting to factory settings)

Where can I find this : "Settings/Device/Applications" as I can't find it...
    Click - Options - Device - Application Management
    bigsee likes this.
    08-05-14 01:24 PM
    you may be able to just uninstall and then reinstall from BB World as they have an 8/3 listed update instead of the 8/1 dated I had ........ below is what I did on my other phone playing around after it failed to remove the dev stuff
    ----I am using an old 9850 with 7 for this
    Options > Device>Application Management > Applications_ all
    BBM> click on it and scroll down to modules >click one listed as sample . If it has a delete option ,either on screen or in menu tab you can go to next step if not then go CPU_now > BBM > Modules.
    So now I scrolled down to the platform demo and platform 2 modules and deleted them both .
    It should ask for a restart ..Do it and reinstall form BBWorld and your good to go ......I ignored the restart and found all of the extra modules (like 10*) now individually listed in the apps list .... the bbm app was gone from list however it was still on the main screen .... so then I restarted and reinstalled the old 6.2version from desktop and then updated from there...this seems to have removed the last of the dev modules ridiculous amount of stuff to do with a bad update .....
    08-05-14 02:03 PM
    I did this but now my bbm icon is missing...
    The whole application is uninstalled not just the icon
    Install/reinstall it from the World but aware the update to the newer version - I dont know its number, my 9900 is in service now. Maybe sy help me what is the name of the newer ver.
    08-17-14 04:15 AM
    I report the new 8.5.1.8 BBM doesn't install other stuffs from the World! Solved!
    08-28-14 05:18 AM
    My 9320 has gone mad since I done the upgrade. Please I need this off
    09-18-14 05:00 AM