Hi

I was just wondering how many people are going to run off to try apples iphone 6 when it comes out? I must admit the app selection gets me and the colours the 5c come in are good

Posted using BlackBerry Z10
    08-02-14 09:15 AM
    I would get an iPhone only if BlackBerry completely tanks.

I will never buy an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    lift, louboutins, Jahtruth and 6 others like this.
    08-02-14 09:22 AM
    Hell No!

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 08-02-14 at 10:44 AM.
    lift likes this.
    08-02-14 09:36 AM
    Having used the 5C for email only over the last two weeks (loaner work phone, yes, it's a weird thing), iOS is horrible for email and work. I will post a complete comparison later. If work is mostly what you use your phone for, BlackBerry is undisputably better. But if you are more interested in content consumption, like Web browsing, apps, games, movies, music, then the iPhone is a fine choice.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    08-02-14 09:38 AM
    What is an iPhone

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    08-02-14 09:42 AM
    Hi

I was just wondering how many people are going to run off to try apples iphone 6 when it comes out?

NO WAY.
    If I wanted an iPhone I would of got one long ago, it's not about cost for me.

The iPhone is overrated and I won't fall for the clever marketing, the hype and the mass hysteria.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 10:20 AM
    IPhone is a good option. I enjoy the experience more than Android for sure. I get bored with iPhone for some reason however.

Apple has good build quality with nice materials, and iOS is functional so it would not be a bad choice at all. I agree with a prior post emphasizing media consumption; this is a pro of the iPhone for sure.

Ultimately, as long as someone buys Apple, Windows, or BlackBerry, I believe they will have a quality experience that is a joy to use, each with their own individual strengths.

I am interested to see what Apple has in store.

Posted on my blissful Z10...
    08-02-14 10:33 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is a fine platform for mail, but iOS is a monster platform for IM. Just about every chat service is natively supported under their platform - something which matters more for me (and Android applications don't interest me). I'm getting tired of non-native Skype and Viber for BB10, whilst my iPod Touch have exceptionally fine variants. The IRC clients with push support also rocks.

If Apple releases a 4 inch iPhone 6, I'll probably jump ship. Bigger phones really doesn't interest me either.
    08-02-14 10:53 AM
    For the past many years, all the way back to my BBOS 5 days, I've always carried two phones. One for work, one for personal use. I've never found a phone that is good at both.

So, if I can get our mobility team to support BES12 in time, I plan to move to the Passport and the iPhone 6 as my phone pair for the next year. I think that will give me the best of both worlds. I love my Nexus 5 with Android L, but for a personal phone I want that extra bit of quality, consistency, and customer service that iPhone provides. Also I've been using the iOS 8 betas almost every day, and they've addressed much of what I didn't like about iOS before. Even Siri is much better now, along with better inter-app integrations, etc.

I think over the course of the next year we'll also see a whole new wave of apps on iOS that will be ahead of what is available on Android and other platforms. I see our team and a lot of our friends working on some amazing new apps which I will definitely want to use. OTOH, I want a Passport for work email and calendar and reading work docs that fly around.
    08-02-14 11:04 AM
    Not at all, for a few reasons. Chief among them is iTunes.

Posted via CB10
    lift, Shadowyugi, raino and 7 others like this.
    08-02-14 11:06 AM
    No way

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 11:08 AM
    I thought about it. As far as I got.
    08-02-14 11:09 AM
    Hi

I was just wondering how many people are going to run off to try apples iphone 6 when it comes out? I must admit the app selection gets me and the colours the 5c come in are good

I would get an iPhone 6, if possible, for trading. It's going to be a hot item.

But I would get a BlackBerry to use.

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling and NinjaB like this.
    08-02-14 11:15 AM
    Cheatin' on BlackBerry?
    Pfft never

Posted via CB10
    Adam Uddin likes this.
    08-02-14 11:36 AM
    Not at all, for a few reasons. Chief among them is iTunes.

Posted via CB10
    Without iTunes, the phone is useless. That's the only thing I dislike about it for now.

BlackBerry z30 OS10.3.0.700
    bbaeloj likes this.
    08-02-14 11:39 AM
    Yes I will buy it to update my 5s. I have enjoyed using the iphone for years. Of course, I will also buy a Passport (upgrade from the q10)
    08-02-14 11:40 AM
    Unquestionably no. I already tried the iPhone thing a while back, and discovered that making/receiving calls reliably is far too important to be trusted to an Apple product.

If BlackBerry "tanks" I'll just keep buying new-old-stock or good used BB phones until they literally aren't supported anymore. In other words, any back-end infrastructure required for their correct functioning; I'm no expert in that area so I have no idea what that may entail. But in other words, as long as a BB phone will work on the carrier of my choice, I'll use them.

Richard
    lift likes this.
    08-02-14 11:53 AM
    Not a chance, I'd go Windows first!
    Shadowyugi and lift like this.
    08-02-14 11:54 AM
    No. I'd rather get a flip phone before I buy an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 12:00 PM
    I would of course. I have the 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 (which I gave to my wife last year after she sold her BB), and I bought the 5s. I'd certainly get the 6 as well.

Encrypted on my Z10
    08-02-14 12:20 PM
    Thinking about it and Apple right now, 'cause I've just seen Apple 'Dream' ad in which iphone is hooked detector and gauge and so on, for the detection of pH, wind speed, ect. I don't know if Apple has those apps already but the idea is so ready there and workable. BB should also consider working in this direction, with more apps covering more aspects of work and business.
    This does not mean I am thinking like how you meant thinking. I hate typing on glass.
    08-02-14 12:47 PM
    Hi

No.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 01:05 PM
    By the way. I have never or will never buy an Apple device. Just my 2 cents.
    Why? I use BlackBerry for WWAN and iProducts on my WLAN. They make great gear.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-02-14 02:22 PM
    Why? I use BlackBerry for WWAN and iProducts on my WLAN. They make great gear.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    I know some people with Apple products and I just don't care for them. Also, I hate itunes and would never put that on my laptop. I'm not saying they suck and don't buy any. I'm just saying they are not for me.
    fabfreddie likes this.
    08-02-14 02:25 PM
    I would get an iPhone only if BlackBerry completely tanks.

I will never buy an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry fails, which I think is unlikely, I would probably go to a Windows phone. Functionality, seems more appropriate for my needs. I would really miss my PKB though. I hate typing on glass.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 Waiting for my Passport
    Shadowyugi and lift like this.
    08-02-14 03:08 PM
108 123 ...