hello everyone

a fellow z10 user here, been rocking this device since february. its a really lovely device, its so fast, good looking, the android is great, so far its a really good phone

but last night when i tried to restart it, it froze on the menu and i had to force restart the phone. the last thing i did was to update the bb world, and i thought i needed a reboot.

unfortunately the phone didnt boot up

i tried everything to try and boot it back up, held the power button for a long time, tried with a new battery, plugged it in with and with out the battery, plugged it into the computer, used the autoloader (didnt recognize the phone), unplugged the battery and waited overnight, in short, i've tried everything

im using the 10.3.442 SDK OS, its been good but i have no idea why it wont boot this time

thanks guys
    08-02-14 05:08 AM
    Try reloading the OS. I hope you didn't brick your phone, mate.

Hello! I'm on an adventure into the world independent filmmaking. It would be great if you could join me! C00275CD8
    08-02-14 05:16 AM
    Try reloading the OS. I hope you didn't brick your phone, mate.

Hello! I'm on an adventure into the world independent filmmaking. It would be great if you could join me! C00275CD8
    yes i tried reloading the OS by using autoloader, but the pc didnt recognize my phone

i hope i didnt brick this lovely phone
    08-02-14 06:09 AM
    You can try this. The browser option is preferable but you have to follow the instructions exactly and be very quick!
    http://crackberry.com/how-reload-you...erating-system

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 06:41 AM
    You can try this. The browser option is preferable but you have to follow the instructions exactly and be very quick!
    How to reload your BlackBerry 10 smartphone operating system | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    my pc doesnt recognize my z10

looks like its dead, gonna claim the warranty
    08-02-14 08:50 AM
    I assume you have followed these steps exactly:

If for whatever reason you're running into issues with your BlackBerry 10 smartphone and need to reload the OS, you'll need a Windows computer with an internet connection to get it all straightened away for now. You check out the full guide down below:

Shutdown BlackBerry Link (and BlackBerry Desktop Software if installed).Detach all BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.Using Internet Explorer navigate to*http://www.BlackBerry.com/updates, scroll down the page and select the 'Check for Updates' button.Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.*Hold the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then press the power button again so it turns on.A prompt will appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will show in the drop down list shortly after the LED lights up as red (it could show up as USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN) � both are normal/fine).Click the OK Button as soon as it becomes enabled. NOTE: there is only 15 seconds to do this.

Once the above steps are completed successfully a dialog will be displayed stating Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds. Shortly after the 120 seconds, the BlackBerry smartphone LED should turn green.

Continue to wait after the LED turns green and you will be prompted to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and once the installation is complete the smartphone will boot up and is now recovered.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3253
    08-02-14 09:44 AM
    My son as had this problem twice now with his Z10 in the USA.
    As soon as a computer doesn't see the device the only option is return to store and use the 2 year warranty!!!
    Both times he has been sent a new device so I assume there isn't an 'easy fix'

We have 3 other z10's in the family and have never had a problem with them so its not a bad phone when you get a good one!
    08-02-14 09:51 AM
    I assume you have followed these steps exactly:

If for whatever reason you're running into issues with your BlackBerry 10 smartphone and need to reload the OS, you'll need a Windows computer with an internet connection to get it all straightened away for now. You check out the full guide down below:

Shutdown BlackBerry Link (and BlackBerry Desktop Software if installed).Detach all BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.Using Internet Explorer navigate to*BlackBerry 10 Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US, scroll down the page and select the 'Check for Updates' button.Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.*Hold the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then press the power button again so it turns on.A prompt will appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will show in the drop down list shortly after the LED lights up as red (it could show up as USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN) – both are normal/fine).Click the OK Button as soon as it becomes enabled. NOTE: there is only 15 seconds to do this.

Once the above steps are completed successfully a dialog will be displayed stating Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds. Shortly after the 120 seconds, the BlackBerry smartphone LED should turn green.

Continue to wait after the LED turns green and you will be prompted to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and once the installation is complete the smartphone will boot up and is now recovered.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3253
    yes, as a matter of fact, i've tried this method when i updated my phone, but this time no led or whatsoever when i hold the power button thank you
    08-02-14 10:06 AM
    My son as had this problem twice now with his Z10 in the USA.
    As soon as a computer doesn't see the device the only option is return to store and use the 2 year warranty!!!
    Both times he has been sent a new device so I assume there isn't an 'easy fix'

We have 3 other z10's in the family and have never had a problem with them so its not a bad phone when you get a good one!
    looks like im gonna have to return this phone, thanks
    08-02-14 10:07 AM
    looks like im gonna have to return this phone, thanks
    You are using unofficial Os which which is not mean for end users so I doubt they will provide you warranty. You clearly violate the warranty terms by using unofficial Os.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    08-02-14 10:09 AM
    I had a similar problem. I removed the battery overnight and it worked the next morning. I suggested this to a Q10 owner and it worked. Might be a long shot but it's better than returning it.

BB Proud
    08-02-14 10:15 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=943976

Here is the thread if a guy who had the same issue. He tried my suggestion and it worked for him.

BB Proud
    08-02-14 10:22 AM
    BlackBerry Q10 will not power on - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Here is the thread if a guy who had the same issue. He tried my suggestion and it worked for him.

BB Proud
    wow thats a unique trick, okay im gonna try it, hopes this works

thanks
    08-02-14 08:35 PM
    I hope if works

BB Proud
    08-02-14 09:39 PM