Anyone else not impressed with the UX of the Passport in the most recent video from phonearena? It just looks awkward in the person's hands. Can you imagine typing on the outside edges of the phone? And on the bottom edges?

/sigh

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 09:24 AM
    It's a two handed device and unfortunately it's a 1x1 device in a 16x9 world.... awkward it will be to use. But for many it will be the perfect fit.
    08-01-14 10:07 AM
    That's just it- I want it to be a great device because BlackBerry needs the good publicity. And at times I'm optimistic about it but then at other times I find myself thinking what on earth are they thinking lol

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 10:17 AM
    Personally I think it's a genius device. Although the Z10 - Z30 - Z3 are great devices, those are the devices that I say to myself "what is Blackberry thinking". Keep in mind Blackberry is a Niche device, and it CAN and WILL still succeed as one. QUERTY devices are their bread and butter. The Z series was just simply a company trying to adapt to the market, as opposed to FORCING the market adapt to the company. Steve Jobs, in 2007 said, "The world does not know what they want in a smartphone or personal computers, so I am going to tell them what they want". Hence Iphone sheep run wild.

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com
    08-01-14 10:23 AM
    Anyone else not impressed with the UX of the Passport in the most recent video from phonearena? It just looks awkward in the person's hands. Can you imagine typing on the outside edges of the phone? And on the bottom edges?

/sigh

Posted via CB10
    Personally, I think the rep did a terrible job trying to demo it. I am hoping that when we see more future videos of it in action the person behind the wheel of it will be a little more prepared and on his/her A game.
    08-01-14 10:33 AM
    I look at it like a little laptop. Laptops are 2 handed and so is passport. I will be keeping my z30 though when I'm feeling more mobile.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    08-01-14 10:54 AM
    Personally, I think the rep did a terrible job trying to demo it. I am hoping that when we see more future videos of it in action the person behind the wheel of it will be a little more prepared and on his/her A game.
    I agree, but am hoping that maybe he was only allowed to show certain things, and perhaps there will be some surprises when the device is actually released. History normally proves me wrong on this, but here's hopin'!
    08-01-14 12:37 PM
    I agree, but am hoping that maybe he was only allowed to show certain things, and perhaps there will be some surprises when the device is actually released. History normally proves me wrong on this, but here's hopin'!
    Cheers to that
    08-01-14 02:26 PM