A lot of us got the z10 pretty early... and a lot of us are now ready to upgrade with our carriers. I can't help but feel like Blackberry has left me hanging. What am I, a z10 user, supposed to upgrade to? z30? No offense but its already outdated. The classic? the passport? Sorry but to someone that was interested in a z10... those don't look like real good options.

I'm just not interested in either. What I would have very much been interested in... is a z50 superphone that could compete with the Galaxy S5 or the Note 4. The rumored 64-bit octocore with 8 gigs of ram.... that would've gotten my attention big time. As is... I've got nothing.

I have no idea what I'm going to buy in few weeks when my upgrade is available. I know it won't be an iphone... and at this point... I'm pretty sure it won't be a blackberry. Because blackberry didn't bother to make anything I would be interested in. I admit I'm pretty bummed. I really loved my z10. if it hadn't gotten so quirky over the last couple months I would just keep the thing and wait for BB to come up with something I actually liked. The z50 seemed like such a no brainer to me. I assume they just decided that while not making it would cost them some business (like mine) over all they'd gain more by doing more physical keyboardish phones like the passport and the classic.

anyway... this is all pretty frustrating... which I suppose is why I wrote this.
    zackoff96 and devin266 like this.
    08-01-14 09:07 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I have three upgrades available via AT&T. Love my Z10 but I usually get a new device every year. And since AT&T didn't offer the Z30 I have held pat with my Z10. But, I will be getting something new before year end - and if AT&T doesn't offer something I may have to jump. Probably to a Windows phone (But I will prob still use my Z10 as a daily device for work)
    08-01-14 09:33 AM
    Frankly, the Z30 can compete with the S5 and the Note 4 right now. Depending on your carrier, and depending on your location, more often than not the Z30 will get LTE if you buy an unlocked one.

Just because the specs are great doesn't mean the phone is any more efficient or fast. I will wait if I don't like the Passport, because my Z10 just rocks with all the updates it has received.

I think BlackBerry will bring out an all touch device next year. When that happens, I will be on it like a fly on fly paper. But that Passport still looks very intriguing and I am gonna give it a try at my AT&T store when it comes out.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    08-01-14 09:43 AM
    I don't think you can reasonably argue the z30 competes with the S5 and other modern 2014 phones. The S4? sure. The S5? no. For example all new flagship phones are waterproof. Z30 isn't. Doesn't seem like a big deal... but believe me... where I live... it really is.
    08-01-14 10:53 AM
    If the Z10 is still working fine, why the rush to upgrade to something you don't want?

Just wait it out to see what's coming by the end of the year.

I went a year past the contract with my Pearl 8100 waiting on the 9100 which was late coming to AT&T. When it did come, it was way overpriced, so I ended up with the Torch 9800.

Then, I kept the 9800 about 8 months after that contract was up as I waited on the Z10 to get better as the OS was updated. Finally got it in July of last year.

Posted via CB10
    FF22, 1raygin and BDLIVE4463 like this.
    08-01-14 12:07 PM
    I don't think you can reasonably argue the z30 competes with the S5 and other modern 2014 phones. The S4? sure. The S5? no. For example all new flagship phones are waterproof. Z30 isn't. Doesn't seem like a big deal... but believe me... where I live... it really is.
    I don't see HTC One M8 being water resistant.
    08-01-14 12:09 PM
    I don't see HTC One M8 being water resistant.
    Nope but the J Butterfly is.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-01-14 12:35 PM
    I wouldn't upgrade to a new phone soon. Try to get an unlocked Z30 for the time being. They are pretty cheap too. Believe me you won't be disappointed.
    When a true upgrade from BlackBerry is available you can switch.

Posted with my dirty thirty! Instagram:delilio TwitterelilHemikan
    08-01-14 12:50 PM
    Nope but the J Butterfly is.

Posted from an ME173X
    That's rather interesting.
    08-01-14 12:51 PM
    My options are Classic and Z30. If a new all touch device happens to be waiting around the corner, I'll be waiting for it. For me, Z10, physically, is the best. I don't think I can handle the Z30 like the Z10 due to its size. An improved Z10 will be the best thing that might happen. I don't need large screen. What matters is that it should be comfortable to use.

PH - BlackBerry 10 - Z10 - deal with it
    FF22 and lactose like this.
    08-01-14 12:54 PM
    I am somewhat in the same boat too. My Z10 is a phone I love and quite simply the best phone I have ever had.

I really want to upgrade by year's end, but I do not want to invest in a Z30 due to the fact that I want something relatively newer if I am dropping that kind of money. That isn't to say the Z30 isn't a great phone, it is just not my cup of tea.

If a beast of an all touch phone came out with the size of a Z30, I may be persuaded. However, I would really like an upgraded Z10. Will this happen? My intuition says probably not, as they will go for more of a phablet size.

I will hold out for as long as I can. I do not see myself upgrade before Q1 2015, but anything after that all bets are off.
    08-01-14 01:11 PM
    The Samsung S5 is not waterproof. It is water resistant, but if you decide to get one, don't go swimming with it. You will be greatly disappointed.

And, I can argue that the Z30 performs better or equal to the S5, which it does in my opinion. The browser is faster, the UI is more intuitive and the call quality is Sharper, clearer and holds a signal better. For me that means the Z30 is a better smartphone for communication and for getting things done. Your opinion is probably different but the kicker of it all is this, my phone is secure and the Android is swiss cheese when security is considered.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    08-01-14 01:26 PM
    A lot of us got the z10 pretty early... and a lot of us are now ready to upgrade with our carriers. I can't help but feel like Blackberry has left me hanging. What am I, a z10 user, supposed to upgrade to? z30? No offense but its already outdated. The classic? the passport? Sorry but to someone that was interested in a z10... those don't look like real good options.

I'm just not interested in either. What I would have very much been interested in... is a z50 superphone that could compete with the Galaxy S5 or the Note 4. The rumored 64-bit octocore with 8 gigs of ram.... that would've gotten my attention big time. As is... I've got nothing.

I have no idea what I'm going to buy in few weeks when my upgrade is available. I know it won't be an iphone... and at this point... I'm pretty sure it won't be a blackberry. Because blackberry didn't bother to make anything I would be interested in. I admit I'm pretty bummed. I really loved my z10. if it hadn't gotten so quirky over the last couple months I would just keep the thing and wait for BB to come up with something I actually liked. The z50 seemed like such a no brainer to me. I assume they just decided that while not making it would cost them some business (like mine) over all they'd gain more by doing more physical keyboardish phones like the passport and the classic.

anyway... this is all pretty frustrating... which I suppose is why I wrote this.
    Not frustrating to me, coming from the Z10, I choose the Z30. It does everything I want it to do and it isn't outdated for the OS. You are not competing with S5 or Note 4 as they are not running BB10 as an OS. They are only competing with those if you want to brag or making up for a lack of something. Z30 is great.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-01-14 01:29 PM
    You can argue that the Z30 competes with the others. There is noting about the Z30 that prevents me from using BB10 OS to its full potential. You live underwater? I don't go swimming with my phone and it rains a lot around here and no issues for me.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-01-14 01:30 PM
    In the meantime. Another X10!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 01:36 PM
    I love my Z10, but ever since my wife got her Q10 a couple months ago, I got typing on that physical keyboard and man do I ever miss it. I'll be getting the Classic as soon as possible once it's out.
    acovey likes this.
    08-01-14 01:56 PM
    iphones arnt waterproof
    08-01-14 02:28 PM
    iphones arnt waterproof
    I would carry around 1980s style car phone in a bag before I would use a POS iphone.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-02-14 06:50 PM
    I would carry around 1980s style car phone in a bag before I would use a POS iphone.
    With that line of thinking, is that the same reason why you prefer a Blackberry?

All kidding aside, yeah there's not much to upgrade to for touchscreens.

Was thinking of trying out the Z3 but our local carriers don't have it and it's a bit expensive (US $289) here to purchase off contract.

Posted from a D618
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 08-02-14 at 07:10 PM.
    08-02-14 06:56 PM
    Until this thread it hadn't dawned on me that those who prefer the smaller all touch phone (Z10) are gonna be out of luck. I am probably going back to qwerty, Classic or Passport.
    08-03-14 12:25 AM
    My Z10 still rocks. I will be holding on to my upgrade until a new flagship full touch is released.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 08:12 AM
    And I may never use an upgrade again if it means giving up my existing UNlimited data, albeit, rarely used UNlimited data.
    08-03-14 08:59 AM
    I think there will be new devices released with the specifications that we all would like to see. The Passport and Classic were to grab attention, as well as venture off into new areas of the OS itself. The devices and OS itself are maturing as we speak.
    Either wait it out till you come across what suits you, or you make a switch to Android phones (I won't mention iOS since you hate the device) or Windows phones.
    I enjoyed the Z10 keyboard so much that I had difficulty using any other device and keyboard. Before the Z10, I was looking for a physical qwerty keyboard device as those are the ones that last long. Right now I am waiting for BlackBerry to drop the Passport like it's hot, so I can get my hands on that attention-grabbing device and use that new keyboard. Of course, I can always get a Q10 for cheap if I wanted a physical keyboard badly and wait for a full touchscreen device to follow after Passport.

Tl;dr version:
    Wait it out or move on.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 09:50 AM
    Just wait a bit longer and see what happens. No need to upgrade unless your Z10 is not working properly.
    08-03-14 09:56 AM
    I agree with others, if your Z10 is still working perfectly and still suitable to your daily communication requirements, it is better for you (us) to wait... just save the money...

After all, they say that "good things come to those who wait patiently"...

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 12:58 PM
39 12