Over the past week or so, the little Blackberry service icon on my Z30 has disappeared, top right where it says 4G or whatever, and the near service bars.

It hasn't seemed to effect my connection at all, I'm just curious as to why this is, and if anyone else has experienced similar? I seem to recall this happened a few years ago to me on my Bold 9900 also.

I'm on EE in the UK.
    08-01-14 07:17 AM
    I always thought that it meant you don't have any data, similar to having a BlackBerry data plan? But if it seems to work, then I don't know. Just pitching what I thought it meant

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 07:51 AM
    I've had a similar problem using the z10 in the past week but I'm on Three.

Internet works fine but no Blackberry services like BBM or email

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 07:55 AM
    I noticed when that happens to me that I can get normal internet connection for everything other than bbm and the push service for the emails in the hub.. because the messages come in a pile when the icon is back..

It happened only twice or 3 times for me in a year and a half.. so it's ok

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    08-01-14 08:57 AM
    After reading this post it happened to me when I got off wifi service lol...
    Blackberry 'Service' Icon Has Disappeared.-img_20140801_070540.png

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 09:07 AM
    After reading this post it happened to me when I got off wifi service lol...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140801_070540.png 
Views:	952 
Size:	689.7 KB 
ID:	288286

Posted via CB10
    This thread has a malicious code in it that takes you out of BlackBerry's protection then steals your info *evil laugh*

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    08-01-14 09:10 AM
    Some carriers seem to block the service in mobile network. As I discovered recently. Vodafone nl does it for the "business accounts". It uses a different apn then the regular accounts. As soon as I pretend to be a regular account the services are back. Only to be followed by a "apn not verified "

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 10:13 AM
    Over the past week or so, the little Blackberry service icon on my Z30 has disappeared, top right where it says 4G or whatever, and the near service bars.

It hasn't seemed to effect my connection at all, I'm just curious as to why this is, and if anyone else has experienced similar? I seem to recall this happened a few years ago to me on my Bold 9900 also.

I'm on EE in the UK.

Looks like I've got the same problem on EE, icon is gone. Its fine then I use my wifi, but apart from that I can't use bbm outside. I called EE, they say I haven't had my BIS on. I will wait 24h and see what happens.
    08-02-14 11:43 AM
    Well, it's back now. Why it went, dunno. I should explain tho' that I literally noticed no difference other than the icon disappearing. BBM, EM... everything worked as normal.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 11:19 PM
    Well, it's back now. Why it went, dunno. I should explain tho' that I literally noticed no difference other than the icon disappearing. BBM, EM... everything worked as normal.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry service will kick in if you don't have data plan or wifi.
    Since you have 4G, it wouldn't make a difference because the phone will use your 4G connection to send BBM messages.
    People that don't have data plan for their phone (meaning 3G or 4G) they still can use BlackBerry services to send BBM messages.
    08-02-14 11:41 PM
    BlackBerry service will kick in if you don't have data plan or wifi.
    Since you have 4G, it wouldn't make a difference because the phone will use your 4G connection to send BBM messages.
    People that don't have data plan for their phone (meaning 3G or 4G) they still can use BlackBerry services to send BBM messages.
    I used my phone without the BlackBerry icon for over a week, not on wifi, and my 6gb monthly data has been used up approximately as it usually is, and no additional charges are on my account.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 12:31 AM
    I used my phone without the BlackBerry icon for over a week, not on wifi, and my 6gb monthly data has been used up approximately as it usually is, and no additional charges are on my account.

Posted via CB10
    Were you able to bbm without the BlackBerry Services?
    08-03-14 12:48 AM
    Go to settings. Click the lowest option. About/ info. Choose network. Then click the three dots menu in bottom right. Then register for BlackBerry service. Bang! That should do it.
    08-03-14 01:30 AM
    Were you able to bbm without the BlackBerry Services?
    Well, assuming that the icon going actually meant I didn't have them, yes. Altho' that makes me think that I was purely a visual thing, as I get that shouldn't be able to happen.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 01:40 AM