I don't see anything in the default OS to have my screen light up when I receive a notification. Right now I get the flashing LED, but the previews are kind of useless at this point, if I'm going to swipe up now to see what set off the LED, then I might as well just swipe up right into the hub. On my Windows Phone texts light up my screen for about 5 seconds with a toast notification giving me a chance to respond. If BlackBerry would include this as an option in the OS it would make for a very powerful lock screen.

For example:
    You're at your desk with the phone on the table, a new text comes in, it's added to my lock screen preview and my locked screen lights up getting my attention, I now have the opportunity to see the preview and double-tap it to jump right to the text. It follows with the rest of BlackBerry's "flow" where I'm getting where I need with minimal interaction.

If someone knows how to do this please let me know, it would be a huge win. Or if it's not in the OS, maybe BeBuzz or someone similar could add it. Ie you could customize which notification types or even which contacts light up the lock screen and how long you'd like it to stay lit for.
    08-01-14 12:03 AM
    Yes in 10.3

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 12:05 AM
    Thank you, this is great news! I haven't played with 10.3 at all, now I'm even more excited for it. I can't tell you how much of a timesaver this little option would be for me. BlackBerry really is doing a great job with this OS and each new version keeps adding useful features.
    08-01-14 12:16 AM
    Is there a way to light up screen on notifications?-img_20140801_132301.png

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob and Lmuzzammil like this.
    08-01-14 12:23 AM