I work at one of the major carriers in the US and although I haven't sold too many BlackBerry devices (none, unfortunately), I had someone from a distant location call and ask for the only one we have in stock at my location.

Why?

They sold more BlackBerry phones that month than any other phone we offer. That includes Samsung and Apple devices. He wanted our Q10 so I'm assuming he meant BB10 phones, although I'm sure a Bold or two could have been sold.

I'm shocked, too. It's one store, yeah, but that's still a good sign. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 04:45 PM
    Long may it continue. Hoping to pay off half of my mortgage when BBRY rises.
    vrud, Stewartj1, twirlyboy and 1 others like this.
    07-31-14 04:50 PM
    I work at one of the major carriers in the US and although I haven't sold too many BlackBerry devices (none, unfortunately), I had someone from a distant location call and ask for the only one we have in stock at my location.

Why?

They sold more BlackBerry phones that month than any other phone we offer. That includes Samsung and Apple devices. He wanted our Q10 so I'm assuming he meant BB10 phones, although I'm sure a Bold or two could have been sold.

I'm shocked, too. It's one store, yeah, but that's still a good sign. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    I know a lot of BB fans would love for this to be true... Really... A lot of them...

But I've gotta say it... This story is bull****.

Mainly based upon this statement...
    They sold more BlackBerry phones that month than any other phone we offer. That includes Samsung and Apple devices.
    07-31-14 04:52 PM
    Yeah impossible

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 05:30 PM
    I almost peed myself.

Posted with my Q
    07-31-14 05:38 PM
    Demand rising in the US?-mockit_31072014234849.jpg

Posted via CB10
    stanhanks and LuvULongTime like this.
    07-31-14 05:49 PM
    It could be true, maybe they sold 3 iPhones, 4 Samsungs and 5 BlackBerrys.. that would make the statement true but the numbers don't have to be big

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    tjseaman likes this.
    07-31-14 05:49 PM
    Prolly a crackberrian holding a gun at his head.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 05:52 PM
    Or it's just anomaly - one location located across a big regulated office/complex dealing with corp clients.
    07-31-14 08:12 PM
    Or maybe they had a large corporate order or some BYOD thing but as long as it's a BlackBerry so those employees went to the closest store to buy BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 08:19 PM
    Blackberry has not released any new flagship phones this year so far.(z3 doesn't count for many reasons) There is no way in hell any of their older devices are receiving a lot of hype at this point.
    JeepBB, sentimentGX4 and Tazos like this.
    07-31-14 08:20 PM
    Is it possible there is an employee there as passionate as us over here? Someone who could really actually sell a BlackBerry to someone? I'd like to think I could sell em if that was my gig!

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-31-14 08:25 PM
    This?

Demand rising in the US?-img_20140731_091851.png

Posted via CB for Z30
    07-31-14 08:28 PM
    Blackberry has not released any new flagship phones this year so far.(z3 doesn't count for many reasons) There is no way in hell any of their older devices are receiving a lot of hype at this point.
    I agree that the story is improbable, but flagship doesn`t impress me much. Inexpensive does.

Any phone can text, talk, surf, blah, blah, blah, blah, but a $200 Z10 is way more impressive and beguiling to me than a $720 iPhone for example.
    07-31-14 08:33 PM
    I am assuming that is marketshare. If so, that is a good trend.
    07-31-14 08:39 PM
    Was it a radio shack location?.. lol

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    07-31-14 09:11 PM
    Hope it's true

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.3253 on AT&T
    07-31-14 09:11 PM
    My carrier told me they sold out the Z30s and their online shop too.. They are once again out of stock. Good sign I say.

From my ? phone
    07-31-14 09:35 PM
    Hey, believe what you want. I am glad that a store managed to sell a good bit of BlackBerry phones. It makes me happy to know. I wanted to share what I thought would be good news, not cast doubts on my character. Believe it or not, a lot of businesses do bulk activations of certain phones. The Q10 is currently free with us right now and the Z30 was $100 off the whole month. Those prices are attractive despite the device brand. That's more than likely what happened--a business decided they wanted a large order of BB phones for their employees. I'm sure they sold a good bit of iPhones and Samsung devices, too, but not every agent in the US is closed-minded enough to focus solely on those two brands. Those of us who like to do a decent job at giving customers what they need will recommend an ugly flip phone if we need to, and of course BlackBerry! I personally have begun to see more BlackBerry phones come in for troubleshooting and not just legacy devices, either. I assisted a woman whose Z10 was rapidly losing battery life just two weeks ago, using knowledge gained from this very community. She was excited to hear about the Classic and the Passport and hopes to get the Classic because of it's smaller size. "I will never get rid of my BlackBerrys!" I hope both are available on our network so I can happily sell her and other brand loyalists a phone.
    I don't exactly know how that other store managed to sell what they did or why, even. I'm glad they did. If this information is so unlikely that you find it hilarious, that's fine. I was surprised and doubtful myself when I was told this.
    I'll keep information like this to myself next time.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 09:44 PM
    Hey, believe what you want. I am glad that a store managed to sell a good bit of BlackBerry phones. It makes me happy to know. I wanted to share what I thought would be good news, not cast doubts on my character. Believe it or not, a lot of businesses do bulk activations of certain phones. The Q10 is currently free with us right now and the Z30 was $100 off the whole month. Those prices are attractive despite the device brand. That's more than likely what happened--a business decided they wanted a large order of BB phones for their employees. I'm sure they sold a good bit of iPhones and Samsung devices, too, but not every agent in the US is closed-minded enough to focus solely on those two brands. Those of us who like to do a decent job at giving customers what they need will recommend an ugly flip phone if we need to, and of course BlackBerry! I personally have begun to see more BlackBerry phones come in for troubleshooting and not just legacy devices, either. I assisted a woman whose Z10 was rapidly losing battery life just two weeks ago, using knowledge gained from this very community. She was excited to hear about the Classic and the Passport and hopes to get the Classic because of it's smaller size. "I will never get rid of my BlackBerrys!" I hope both are available on our network so I can happily sell her and other brand loyalists a phone.
    I don't exactly know how that other store managed to sell what they did or why, even. I'm glad they did. If this information is so unlikely that you find it hilarious, that's fine. I was surprised and doubtful myself when I was told this.
    I'll keep information like this to myself next time.

Posted via CB10
    Don't bother with it. Most of those downers don't realize 1 thing : you or anyone with a positive story aren't paid by BlackBerry per post. It's just a little story that warms the heart.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 09:48 PM
    Hey, believe what you want. I am glad that a store managed to sell a good bit of BlackBerry phones. It makes me happy to know. I wanted to share what I thought would be good news, not cast doubts on my character. Believe it or not, a lot of businesses do bulk activations of certain phones.

The Q10 is currently free with us right now and the Z30 was $100 off the whole month.
    Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the nice news... now tell me how I can get a discount on buying a Z30 off contract!? lol. I kept pestering them with the $100 off sale the other week but they want me to sign a new contract and loose my unlimited data. :-(
    07-31-14 09:57 PM
    Don't let the doubeters determine what you post, what the h*** do they know
    mago72 likes this.
    07-31-14 09:59 PM
    Thanks for the nice news... now tell me how I can get a discount on buying a Z30 off contract!? lol. I kept pestering them with the $100 off sale the other week but they want me to sign a new contract and loose my unlimited data. :-(
    Aw That unlimited data is too beautiful to give up. I wish rebates would apply to non-contract phones, too, but unfortunately.. Maybe a nice customer service rep will bend a little. Can't give any promises. I bought my Z30 new on eBay for much cheaper to take advantage of my unlimited data on a spare line. Although, pay attention to your usage and see what your monthly data average is. You might not need that unlimited data if you use less than 4-6 gigs per month.

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    07-31-14 10:12 PM
    Well the demand can't exactly decrease at this point so...
    07-31-14 10:19 PM
    It could be true, maybe they sold 3 iPhones, 4 Samsungs and 5 BlackBerrys.. that would make the statement true but the numbers don't have to be big

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    Exactly what I was thinking. It's not impossible that one location may have sold more BlackBerry devices in one month. He didn't say the whole company sold more BlackBerry devices in a month than any other device.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    07-31-14 10:35 PM
78 123 ...