I noticed music is no longer available for purchase from BlackBerry World anymore.

Question is, how can I purchase music from my device now? Bummer

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    07-31-14 03:52 PM
    Search for the 7Digital or HMV app.

7Digital is the vendor who actually supplied the music, and you can actually migrate your BB World library into theirs.
    07-31-14 03:55 PM
    Search for the 7Digital or HMV app.

7Digital is the vendor who actually supplied the music, and you can actually migrate your BB World library into theirs.
    Thank you.

Can you explain if you don't mind why I would want to have my BlackBerry World Library into theirs? I still have access to all music previously purchased. Does migrating do anything differently?

Really bummed out that BlackBerry is losing more and more features. Making it hard for me to continue to be loyal. (topic and rant for another thread)

Thanks for the reply.

07-31-14 04:00 PM
    Thank you.

Can you explain if you don't mind why I would want to have my BlackBerry World Library into theirs? I still have access to all music previously purchased. Does migrating do anything differently?

Really bummed out that BlackBerry is losing more and more features. Making it hard for me to continue to be loyal. (topic and rant for another thread)

Thanks for the reply.

Because in a year blackberry won't be supporting our media purchases.

I don't mind so much about that what does annoy me is that both HMV and 7 digital are ports with Bullsh*t permission requirements. Ie phone, camera, microphone and device info. .. seriously?? I think I'm going to delete those apps and use the computer as lame as that is.

Are there any reputable music stores with built for BlackBerry app?

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    07-31-14 06:29 PM

I don't mind so much about that what does annoy me is that both HMV and 7 digital are ports with Bullsh*t permission requirements. Ie phone, camera, microphone and device info. .. seriously?? I think I'm going to delete those apps and use the computer as lame as that is.

We DEFINITELY need much better control over Permissions. I just hope that BB did not totally cave to Amazon who may want to track our every move. I hope that once the "migration" or whatever it is termed is complete we will have access to control and limit Permissions.

While they may not be listening to me, why does a pdf app need access to the damn microphone or phone. Since I do not have any text allowance, I don't want any text informing me of updates or anything else.

I wonder if there's somewhere we can make our feelings on PERMISSIONS really well-known!!!
    zephyr613 likes this.
    07-31-14 09:08 PM
    We DEFINITELY need much better control over Permissions. I just hope that BB did not totally cave to Amazon who may want to track our every move. I hope that once the "migration" or whatever it is termed is complete we will have access to control and limit Permissions.

While they may not be listening to me, why does a pdf app need access to the damn microphone or phone. Since I do not have any text allowance, I don't want any text informing me of updates or anything else.

I wonder if there's somewhere we can make our feelings on PERMISSIONS really well-known!!!
    Check out the link within this thread :

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=949777

Talks about how CyanogenMod has come up with a way to install some apps in "incognito" mode, that basically feeds empty sets and junk data when such apps make data requests.

Given that BlackBerry controls their Android code, they should be able to do something similar.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 09:34 PM

No kidding

I mean check out 7Digital's permissions that one cannot switch off. Has anyone ever heard of a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner regarding this? I might have to launch one.

Where Can I Buy Music From Device-img_20140731_224022.png

07-31-14 09:46 PM
    By the way, what led to the decision for BlackBerry to stop selling music and videos from the device anyways? Seems like a stupid decision putting us further down the line of " smart phones". BlackBerry is a real head shaker these days. I still don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing.

07-31-14 09:53 PM
    Also regarding 7digital

If I purchase an album is it mine or does it remain in 7 digital meaning Just listen to it within the app)

I like to take purchased music, pop the media card out, load it into my car's hard drive and put it on my computers etc. Can I do this? Can I play it and access it through my device's media/music app?

07-31-14 10:02 PM
    This isn't what I expected when trying to make my first purchase.

Any suggestions?

Or any other music store where I can purchase and own the purchase?

Thank you

Where Can I Buy Music From Device-img_20140731_233202.png

07-31-14 10:37 PM

Access to camera:
    The app allows you to scan a barcode to find music also allows you to take a photo of album art and search the web using the photo you have taken.

Access to microphone :
    To match music that you play into the mic, much like Sahzam or soundhound,

Access to device info:
    To check for app updates.

I understand people's concerns with permissions, my stance is if you don't trust the app don't install it,

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-01-14 09:20 AM
    Access to camera:
    The app allows you to scan a barcode to find music also allows you to take a photo of album art and search the web using the photo you have taken.

Access to microphone :

Access to device info:

I understand people's concerns with permissions, my stance is if you don't trust the app don't install it,

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for clarifying this. Makes complete sense.

Have you bought music from 7Digital and if so, any thoughts on why I can't? (see screenshot in my last post)

Thanks in advance.

08-01-14 10:55 AM
    Access to camera:

Access to microphone :

Access to device info:

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure that the music matching thing is not available on the HMV app. Or if it is I don't know how to use it/ find it...

08-01-14 12:05 PM
    By the way, what led to the decision for BlackBerry to stop selling music and videos from the device anyways? Seems like a stupid decision putting us further down the line of " smart phones". BlackBerry is a real head shaker these days. I still don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing.

According to the articles on here they figure it has something to do with part of the deal of having the Amazon Store on the phone

08-01-14 12:07 PM
    I'm pretty sure that the music matching thing is not available on the HMV app. Or if it is I don't know how to use it/ find it...

The HMV devs want to put that function into the app at some point, so they are a little premature with their permissions, but it should come along in an update, that's what an HMV employee told me,

Drfever, I just buy CDs and put them on my sd card in folders, so each folder becomes an album, so no, I don't have the app, I just prefer the flexibility of doing it myself.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 06:11 PM
    If anyone's concerned, 7Digital IS a reputable vendor. They were the music store not just for BlackBerry, but for Android as well (though I think Google now owns their own store as part of Google Play).

Anybody who purchased music from BlackBerry World should have received an e-mail from 7Digital with instructions on how to migrate your BB World library to 7Digital's. That worked out great for me, personally, since I'd made previous purchases directly from 7Digital and this process allowed me to merge libraries. The procedure for doing this can be found here: How to migrate your music purchases from BlackBerry World to 7digital | CrackBerry.com .

The biggest downside to this change is that users will now need to establish their own payment arrangements with 7Digital, and they don't take PayPal.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    08-01-14 06:28 PM
    but there's no native built app by reputable vendors ='(

08-01-14 07:20 PM
    If anyone's concerned, 7Digital IS a reputable vendor. They were the music store not just for BlackBerry, but for Android as well (though I think Google now owns their own store as part of Google Play).

Anybody who purchased music from BlackBerry World should have received an e-mail from 7Digital with instructions on how to migrate your BB World library to 7Digital's. That worked out great for me, personally, since I'd made previous purchases directly from 7Digital and this process allowed me to merge libraries. The procedure for doing this can be found here: How to migrate your music purchases from BlackBerry World to 7digital | CrackBerry.com .

The biggest downside to this change is that users will now need to establish their own payment arrangements with 7Digital, and they don't take PayPal.
    This explains why my purchase won't go through as I posted above. So, even though they list PayPal as a payment option, they don't take it. Hmmmmmmm

And they wonder why people turn to torrent sites to get their music. They make it so damn hard to want to buy music. I WANT to support the artist but I don't like iTunes/Apple and any other way is a pain in the a s s

08-01-14 08:16 PM
    TB - can you purchase via PC, and access from both PC and BB?

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    08-01-14 09:08 PM
    TB - can you purchase via PC, and access from both PC and BB?

Yes you can. In fact there's apps available for all platforms and you can download all your purchases to each device you have.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    DocDRM likes this.
    08-01-14 10:07 PM
    So many forward steps for BlackBerry lately, this is for sure one step back. Not fuss on how the 7D app works. I also miss carrier billing option that was on BlackBerry World.

C'est la vie

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    drfever likes this.
    08-01-14 10:16 PM

Yes they do take PayPal! O used it last night to purchase an album. Took me right to my PayPal account. Perhaps the new update has something to do with that. I had just migrated my BBW music over and found the update in BBW.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    08-02-14 04:14 PM
    Thank you for this thread! I just realized there was no Music Store when looking for a song I heard on TV that I wanted on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 11:48 PM
    So I wonder what Soundhound will do with the "Buy" button now that BBW is stripped of the music offerings? I used that a TON to look up music I heard, then go straight up BBW and buy entire albums!

I'll miss that.

08-04-14 01:34 AM
    I write music in my spare time. I'd be more then happy to put some of my tunes in a Dropbox folder for you to download.

Now. If you could just provide me with your credit card information. We can get this ball rolling.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-04-14 01:40 AM
28 12