Sometimes FB loads close to what is current. When I refresh, sometimes the new stories disappear. This happens whether on WiFi or not and in case you are curious, within Facebook, I have selected "Most Recent" not "Top Stories" for News Feed preferences.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 03:28 PM
    Sometimes FB loads close to what is current. When I refresh, sometimes the new stories disappear. This happens whether on WiFi or not and in case you are curious, within Facebook, I have selected "Most Recent" not "Top Stories" for News Feed preferences.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah same for me, there seems to be a bug with the newsfeed ticker. It helps if you open the mobile site on your browser first then open the app, it syncs.
    07-31-14 03:57 PM
    I downloaded Facebook from Amazon instead.
    tHe.iR1sH likes this.
    07-31-14 04:19 PM
    That's a sad state of affairs.

At first I thought I was one of those lucky many who were being statistically experimented on by FB. I am inclined to believe it's poor coding.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 04:23 PM
    Go to a Facebook on your Web Browser and change it to new stories there. Works for me every time.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 04:54 PM
    Make sure news feed on both app and desktop version is set to "most recent".
    Every now and then you might have to set it back to that exact same setting

Caribbean Z30
    07-31-14 06:40 PM
    Same I can have no updates. For 22 hours.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 07:05 PM
    The FB app needs a lot of work. Hoping to see a big update soon.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    07-31-14 08:10 PM
    I've resorted to my Facebook feed via Flipboard for a while now. It doesn't appear that BlackBerry is very interested in improving their awful app.

Posted on my Zed30!
    07-31-14 09:35 PM
    I've resorted to my Facebook feed via Flipboard for a while now. It doesn't appear that BlackBerry is very interested in improving their awful app.

Posted on my Zed30!
    No it happens on my desktop as well

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 09:24 AM
    The Facebook app is terrible. Open it and I will get a chunk of new posts then there will be a six hour gap with posts I looked at earlier. When I check browser or android app, I can see and load all posts.

Also get glitch where comments will not display when I click on it.

Does not display images in comments.

And I seem to be able to view double the posts on android app vs bbry app.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 11:42 PM
    How is it that Flipboard, managing multiple social media time-lines simultaneously, can get this right but BlackBerry still can't figure it out? Frustrating!

Posted on my Zed30!
    08-03-14 07:43 AM
    Go to the browser and change to most recent but leave the app as top stories. Then you get the same as the website consistently. Sounds odd but it works

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 09:00 AM
    I have had the same issues with the Facebook app from the beginning, why can't Blackberry get their **** together and fix the issues with this app???? If you are going to have this app as a stock app thats preloaded with the software on the device, then it should function just as well as the Android and/or IOS versions do???

Its issues like this that a new person coming into the Blackberry world encounters and leaves a bad taste in their mouths after having a bad experience with the Facebook app and the solution is to tell them to use the browser!!!! Bull****, fix the dam app, that is the only viable and sensible solution, period.
    08-03-14 11:19 AM
    I'm thinking with the new changes coming to Facebook apps. They may have stopped updating until they see what will need to be done.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 11:26 AM
    I use flip board to keep up to date, but unfortunately it doesn't have notifications

Caribbean Z30
    08-03-14 11:28 AM
    Go to the browser and change to most recent but leave the app as top stories. Then you get the same as the website consistently. Sounds odd but it works

Posted via CB10
    Just tried this and, incredibly, it works!

Now I'm thinking about how it is that BlackBerry can't manage to make their app work without our need to make such odd tweaks?

Posted on my Zed30!
    08-03-14 01:40 PM
    Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 01:42 PM
    I read the thread and visited ASAP the app world for some first hand comments about the app. It get CRUSHED by many users. It's all about the long gal in between. It's a shame.

And I see that Blackberry made the app. Not Facebook. What a sad and arrogant move from ZUCKERBERG not proving BlackBerry users a decent and native Fb app. Shame, really. This shows what they think about BlackBerry.

But, one day BlackBerry will be on top and very important again. So important that the arrogant likes of ZUCKERBERG won't never made such a bad business move and provide the app also for BlackBerry users and not only iSheeps and Android.

I believe in BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 06:48 PM
    Well said Fistmaster.

I have given up in the app and no longer use it. I was missing out on way too much info. I use the browser now, but would love some feed back on downloading Facebook from Mobile 1. Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 12:38 PM
    FB app needs some serious improvement...

Beware - MAJ on Z10 !!!
    08-05-14 01:34 PM