Hello all,
    it�s possible to play movies with the .srt file of subtiltles?
    how can i do it on the playbook?
    i�ve been used to android which was easy to do it. Just download some app, and put the movie and the .srt file with the same name and that�s it
    How about the playbook? it�s the same way? which app can i use?

many thanks for your help
    07-31-14 09:54 AM
    Hello all,
    i�ve been used to android which was easy to do it. Just download some app, and put the movie and the .srt file with the same name and that�s it

Covert the .apk file of the android app you were previously using to a bar file and sideload it onto your playbook.
    07-31-14 10:00 AM
    There are a couple of options, the first is MovieSRTPlayer MovieSrtPlayer srt support for BlackBerry PlayBook - BlackBerry World which is $1.99, or you can also try Kalemsoft Media Player, which is $3.99 KalemSoft Media Player for BlackBerry PlayBook - Sale - BlackBerry World both are good choices, and even with the cost they are worth it, especially since both are native apps.
    07-31-14 10:01 AM
    that�s too many steps for me. and i don�t know how to do that.
    I�ve mean, just play the movies on the simple way, like i explained.
    07-31-14 10:02 AM
    There are a couple of options, the first is MovieSRTPlayer MovieSrtPlayer srt support for BlackBerry PlayBook - BlackBerry World which is $1.99, or you can also try Kalemsoft Media Player, which is $3.99 KalemSoft Media Player for BlackBerry PlayBook - Sale - BlackBerry World both are good choices, and even with the cost they are worth it, especially since both are native apps.
    and it only need to put the movie and the .srt file, and play it on one of those apps, right?
    07-31-14 10:03 AM
    Hello all,

I don't believe it's possible on playbook because of it's app situation and minimal android compatibility. It might be possible though if you converted the android app you were talking about and then sideloaded it. There's many guides to convert and sideload and theres even a website that can convert easily for you. PlayBook .apk to .bar converter. And i suggest the chrome sideloading method (search the forums for guides) because it's easy, simple and quick. But once again, there's a good chance it won't work because of the playbook's outdated android runtime.

Do you by any chance have a bb10 device? If you do, android compatibility is far superior on bb10. And if screen real estate is a problem, connect it to a computer monitor or tv screen through an HDMI cable
    07-31-14 10:03 AM
    and it only need to put the movie and the .srt file, and play it on one of those apps, right?
    Yes: so long as the srt file and video file are in the same folder, and have the same name (for example: movie.mp4 and movie.srt) they will work.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-31-14 10:05 AM
    Yes: so long as the srt file and video file are in the same folder, and have the same name (for example: movie.mp4 and movie.srt) they will work.

Ok, that�s all i need to know!
    I don�t mind spend some few bucks to buy one of those apps

many thanks

best rgds
    07-31-14 10:07 AM
    rthonpm 's media player suggestions are golden, especially Kalemsoft's Media Player. As far as I am concerned it is a MUST have on the Playbook if you like to play video/movies. It can handle virtually any video format/subtitle file. Oh by the way, I am NOT affiliated in any way with Kalemsoft-lol!
    07-31-14 10:11 AM
    Yup. Kalemsoft is the way to go been using it since day one. No issues with most video format or adding subtitles separately.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 10:35 AM
    Kalemsoft is definitely the way to go and is my choice player for the Playbook. Night and day difference in terms of what you can watch. You can also try an android app called mVideoPlayer (free), BUT apparently newer versions don't work as nicely on the Playbook (breaks file compatibilty). I have version 4.0.3 and it's worked find, but I still prefer to use Kalemsoft, as its just smoother as a native app.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-31-14 11:02 AM
    I believe QMPlayer will play videos with subtitles. It is available from Blackberry World.
    07-31-14 11:39 AM