Anyone know a fix that doesn't involve replacing any hardware?
    07-30-14 08:20 PM
    Go back and check if it's plugged in

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247 on Bell with Unlimited Data
    07-30-14 08:29 PM
    I did similar thing. But my issue was the headphone plug. I had to go back in and press it back on. Mine wouldn't stay attached it kept popping off so I actually used a small piece of tape (scotch tape) to hold it down. Hopefully you just didn't attach one of those strips.

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2491
    07-30-14 08:47 PM
    its not that i cant hear its that they cant hear me. there isnt ant connectors for the mic from what i see or am i missing something
    07-30-14 09:17 PM
    i've disassembled it at least 3 times today and put it back together with no luck
    07-30-14 09:18 PM
    If all the connections are secure then maybe you want to start looking for a replacement mic for cheap somewhere..

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-30-14 09:23 PM
    If all the connections are secure then maybe you want to start looking for a replacement mic for cheap somewhere..

Does one of the connectors control the mic? Because it looks to me like it's supposed to be touching a certain area of the motherboard in order to work

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:33 PM
    Does one of the connectors control the mic? Because it looks to me like it's supposed to be touching a certain area of the motherboard in order to work

Posted via CB10
    I've never disassembled a Q10 but usually something like a mic will be connected to the motherboard (well, it has to really) in some shape or form. Either it connects via a wire that's detachable from the MB (a connector) or maybe there's a connector at the mic itself. Take it apart and closely inspect the mic. See through what wire the voice travels to to get to the MB.

07-30-14 09:41 PM
    I've never disassembled a Q10 but usually something like a mic will be connected to the motherboard (well, it has to really) in some shape or form. Either it connects via a wire that's detachable from the MB (a connector) or maybe there's a connector at the mic itself. Take it apart and closely inspect the mic. See through what wire the voice travels to to get to the MB.

I followed those instructions very carfefully when i did it. as you can see theres no connector from the mic (which is part of the black middle piece above the motherboard) and the motherboard
    07-30-14 09:51 PM
    Just wanted to bump this back up to see if anyone had some suggestions on a fix
    08-04-14 04:28 PM
    There is actually a small piece of foam/rubber attached to the phone, on the mic area on the motherboard.

Then, there is also a very small piece of the same material on the actual housing/bezel by mic area. This second (square-ish) foam by bezel is very tiny and can move out of its place. This small square in question, has a small hole, like a tunnel, a canal for mic sound to travel. Make sure you didn't reposition this correctly and said hole is aligned properly to the motherboard's mic area.

Try that and see if it's positioned properly.

Report back.

P.S. Maybe you placed it wrong and it's blocking of the mic, hence why they can't hear you.

Posted via Q10.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-04-14 04:56 PM
    There is actually a small piece of foam/rubber attached to the phone, on the mic area on the motherboard.

Then, there is also a very small piece of the same material on the actual housing/bezel by mic area. This second (square-ish) foam by bezel is very tiny and can move out of its place. This small square in question, has a small hole, like a tunnel, a canal for mic sound to travel. Make sure you didn't reposition this correctly and said hole is aligned properly to the motherboard's mic area.

Report back.

P.S. Maybe you placed it wrong and it's blocking of the mic, hence why they can't hear you.

Posted via Q10.
    thanks i'll give that a try. lookout for my reply in a about an hour
    08-04-14 07:34 PM

Report back.

Posted via Q10.
    tried this, no luck smh
    08-05-14 05:01 PM
    Damn bro.

Last thing I can suggest is check the prongs. Maybe they are not making contact. Inspect all of them and if you have to pull up on them to raise them a bit, then try that.

Good luck bro.

Posted via my Blite Q10.
    08-05-14 09:04 PM
    Hi all.

I just performed the same thing (replaced screen and keyboard). Q10 is functional in every regard except the microphone. (speaker phone mode works, but the regular mic does not). I can hear people no problem, but they can't hear me)

Advice?
    Z

Q10 & Z10 owner
    01-22-16 09:16 AM
    Make sure the 2 screws on the chin are tight, if they aren't the bottom microphone won't work

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 03:36 PM
    I have the same problem. I am yet to disassemble my Q10. For the mean time, this is the trick i use. When a call comes through, i pick and put it on speaker and then reduce the speaker volume so that people can around don't get to hear what the caller is saying. Try that and let me see how it goes.
    01-25-16 03:15 AM
    I bought a replacement keyboard as one of the keys does not not work properly. I'm pretty handy with repairing things but am now reluctant to open the Q10 if it likely results in the microphone not working and not knowing what causes it to break.

Is the broken microphone a common result of changing the Q10 keyboard? Or are there folks here who have done it without breaking anything?
    02-01-16 09:09 AM
    Or are there folks here who have done it without breaking anything?
    I have opened mine a few times now and the microphone still works as ever...
    02-01-16 11:15 AM
    I have opened mine a few times now and the microphone still works as ever...
    Thank you for the encouraging words :-)

Threads like this one gives the impression that everyone opening their Q10 ends up breaking it. which makes one wonder why anyone would sell replacement keyboards if that was the case...

I'll pop back to confirm that all went well with my Q10's upcoming surgery.
    02-01-16 02:13 PM
    Thank you for the encouraging words :-)

Threads like this one gives the impression that everyone opening their Q10 ends up breaking it. which makes one wonder why anyone would sell replacement keyboards if that was the case...

I'll pop back to confirm that all went well with my Q10's upcoming surgery.
    Yeah, don't worry too much, it will only make your hands shake more. However I must say that for me the troublesome aspect about this microphone not working phenomenon is that there is no real suspect or culprit as to what could cause the malfunction; the only cause I could come up with is that those with problems have not sufficiently tightened the 2 front screws. However, this is a weak explanation since tightening them at all basically equals to tightening them enough.
    02-01-16 04:05 PM