I bought a brand new unlocked Q10 off of eBay (box still had wrapping on it) and it came in the mail last Friday. This is my first experience getting a phone from someplace other than the Verizon store and my first experience with BlackBerry, I've been an iPhone user since they first released the 4 on Verizon back in 2011. Anyway, I ordered a packet of sim card adapters from here so that my iPhone's nano sim card could fit into my Q10. Once the phone arrived, I put the adapter together and inserted it into the phone - everything booted up just fine and the adapter worked. However, I was still sorting out the iMessage issue with Apple and I was figuring out how I was going to get my contacts transferred so I took the sim card out and put it back in my iPhone.

I'm worried that I might have removed it too roughly, because now the BlackBerry won't read the sim card. The iPhone reads it just fine, but every time I've tried the sim since the initial test last Friday, the phone says there's no sim card. Everything else about the phone is perfect, it boots up fine, the BlackBerry 10 seems to be in ship-shape, no other issues. Is there a way I can tell if the issue lies with the sim slot on the phone or if perhaps the adapter is damaged and not doing it's job properly? If it's just the adapter I'll either order another one or just go in to Verizon and have them transfer me from nano to a micro sim. If it's the phone itself, I may be up a creek because it's not covered by insurance or anything like that, having been purchased from a third party. If there's a way to determine the issue before spending any additional money that would be helpful.

Thanks for any advice you have!
    07-30-14 05:32 AM
    I've had this issue with one of my phones. I had screwed up my phone adapters. Cost me Lot of money. Go to the service centre and ask them to verify. But mostly, your hardware has been damaged.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 05:45 AM
    I think this site explain it all. http://<br /> http://www.allaboutsym..._timely_wa.php

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/featu...IM_Adapter.php

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    07-30-14 07:19 AM
    Try a second adapter.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 08:18 AM
    Sorry about your loss, man. I ruined a Z30 beyond repair with one of those god Damn sim card adapters.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 09:55 AM
    I believe you can replace the sim card prongs.

Check if they are bent. You will have to open up your phone. Not that difficult.

Posted via Q10.
    07-31-14 05:27 PM
    I'm worried I ruined my Q10-image0013575169685904f41cb.gif

you know you done messed up right, look to see if all the pins are there although i highly doubt it or borrow a friends micro sim to see or you can just flat out lie and say it came like that
    07-31-14 06:29 PM