My GFs iphone stopped working so I gave her one of my spare z10s and she's really hating her experience with BB10 ( she's having numerous bugs that I never heard about that I'll probably cover in another thread one day).

But I'm bored and I was wondering if you knew anybody that switched from Ios/android/WP to BB10 and really hated their experience?

Because most of us on CB are BB fans, but I'm always wondering if some people switch and regret it. Like I said, my GF hates her z10 (not because of the Os but because she's experiencing some crazy bugs that even me,who's always on CB and knows pretty much everything when it comes to fixing BB10 issues can't resolve). Funny thing is, I've also made her brother and his best friend switch to Bb10 and they're loving it.

I'm a Cb addict but since leaks stopped It's kind of boring over here, so I felt bored and wanted to start a new thread!

BTW, sorry if there's any grammar error, I didn't properly proof read and I only slept 4 hours in the last 2 days...

Posted via CB10
    uk0311 likes this.
    07-29-14 02:17 AM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 02:19 AM
    I know of only a few others on bb10 and they all love it. Most of them are on Z30s for work.

However, I am surprised at the learning curve with the os. For example, one of my friends was surprised to see me double-click on a message on the lock screen and go directly into the message. Another did not know about the toast notifications (not sure if IT had turned it off by default). I am not sure if people on other platforms have the similar problems, but I really feel that a lot of bb10 users are unaware of some of the better features they could be using.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 04:28 AM
    Nope

From Zarafet my Z30.
    07-29-14 04:44 AM
    I seem to remember this guy from the past.:
    David in Durham likes this.
    07-29-14 04:57 AM
    A good friend of mine got a Z10 because he was bored of the iPhone. Initially loved it, but started getting odd bugs, then blew the speaker and had a motherboard problem.

So I upgraded him to a Z30 (which has also been flawless for me) and he's showing and explaining to
    me some very weird bugs, even on that!

...I don't know what to tell him...
    07-29-14 05:39 AM
    Does he have the latest os running?
    07-29-14 05:51 AM
    Yes.
    07-29-14 05:53 AM
    Yes.

Have had a couple people give it a try, and even lent mine to a friend who broke an iPhone.

They were all intrigued. Loved the OS and built-in features.

In the end, for each, it boiled down to not being able to do what they did on their previous devices.

The one friend was really intrigued by the runtime, and it actually encouraged him to keep it longer.

Boiled down to ecosystem.
    niss63 likes this.
    07-29-14 05:53 AM
    Q10 and Z30 are the only quality devices to be considered until Passport and Classic.

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    07-29-14 05:58 AM
    i love my z10 and use it everyday, but its true � bb10 is full with annoying Bugs.

Some of the Mainfeatures "Keyboard/ BBM/ Mail/ Hub, are doing strange things really often.

im using the most actual offical OS, have tried to wipe the device often but the bugs are there and i talk with different BB Users in BB Channels that have the same bugs.

to bad that Blackberry isnt interested in releasing hotfix.

im using bb, but would not recomment it to other users very often.
    Best Wishes

Sada
    anon(8908445) and lmsilvam like this.
    07-29-14 06:28 AM
    Recommend the ones worth buying.

My cousin is an ex employee and always told me the Z10 just had too many issues.. I recommend selling your Z10's and choosing one that actually works.

Just saying..

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    07-29-14 06:41 AM
    I did not hate it but yea, didn't enjoy as much as iOS due to below reasons -

1. Lack of apps. I know we can install from Amazon app store etc but you can never get native experience.

2. While selecting the text and editing has always been a pain.

3. Battery on Z10 sucked. I mean, Z10 was supposed to be their savior??

4. The contacts app sucked

5. Don't even get me started on FB/Twitter app

6. No profiles?

I am happy to be back on iOS and I wish BlackBerry all the good luck. Classic looks promising but Passport design sucks, its ugly IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-29-14 06:50 AM
    I did not hate it but yea, didn't enjoy as much as iOS due to below reasons -

1. Lack of apps. I know we can install from Amazon app store etc but you can never get native experience.

2. While selecting the text and editing has always been a pain.

3. Battery on Z10 sucked. I mean, Z10 was supposed to be their savior??

4. The contacts app sucked

5. Don't even get me started on FB/Twitter app

6. No profiles?

I am happy to be back on iOS and I wish BlackBerry all the good luck. Classic looks promising but Passport design sucks, its ugly IMO.

Nice feedback

All I'm saying is.. newcomers should go for quality bb10 devices and as such with anything in life.

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    07-29-14 07:04 AM
    Nice feedback

All I'm saying is.. newcomers should go for quality bb10 devices and as such with anything in life.

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    Agree, but all boils down to what a consumer needs. I am really looking forward how Amazon partnership will help BlackBerry.

07-29-14 07:06 AM
    My friend want to switch to BlackBerry 10, but they afraid that their device will be out of updates plan from BlackBerry.
    So they pick other OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 07:52 AM
    I tried BB10 twice. Once with the z10 and another time with the z30. I tried the z10 when BB10 first came out for 2 weeks and it was just not a great experience...at all. I tried the z30 a few months ago and after 2 weeks sold it someone who loves BlackBerry. I had a Blackberry from OS 5-7, then tried BB10. BB10 is just not for me. I really don't like the hub...I know I'm very different on this lol...I don't like having all my notifications in one place. I absolutely hated the keyboard...just not a fan. I didn't like that what made me love BlackBerry to begin with wasn't there....no themes. BlackBerry is why I love to customize my phones. So, it was something I was very much looking forward to, but was disappointed. I'm also not a fan of active frames either. I prefer my home screen have very little on it, which is why I use a launcher on any Android I use. I also didn't care for how my email was handled using BB10 and messaging was a pain for me, because I didn't care for the keyboard. I'm also not a fan of the BB10 look and the fact that I can't change it annoys me greatly, since I once was able to with themes. I tried downloading some Android apps that I use often and the experience just wasn't the same and in some cases, just not a good experience at all. I have just come to accept that BB10 isn't for me. I have recommended it to people that I felt would love the BB10 experience.

I did love the build of the z30, those speakers are just so awesome, and the antennas are wonderful!!

I am pretty much OS agnostic, I use whatever OS addresses most of my needs. I've used iPhone 4s/5/5s, Windows 7.8/8/8.1, BlackBerry OS 5-7/BB10, and Android from gingerbread to the most current version. I just love technology .
    07-29-14 01:02 PM
    Quite a few who switched from BlackBerry os 7.
    because
    the way BlackBerry os 7 just backed everything up.
    The lack of trackpad.
    Difficulty using link.
    Troublesome os updates
    Default automated bbm announcements about what web pages have been visited.
    That said BlackBerry os 10 has improved in last 12 months and I'm glad I stuck with it now.
    07-29-14 01:25 PM
    All the execs at my penultimate company were issued q10s. The two I asked said they really missed the tool belt.
    07-29-14 01:40 PM
    Most people around me are switching away from bb10 now. The z10s are starting to fail and its quite hard to find them anyhow to replace. If there was a touchscreen coming they would probably stay but at least 30 -40 people around have been talking about trying iOS or android for the first time. Its so sad that bb is leaving the consumer market like this. Everyone has a bad taste in their mouth about the battery life, contacts app and reboots among things. There's also a lot of link headaches... If blackberry could keep its customers just one more year with a new touch device then I believe that and 10.3 would turn the company around. Unfortunately as it looks , keyboards are blackberry's only choice of device now. From what i be seen in my office and through friends, for those who have never had a full touch they will remain keyboard. And for those who have switched to full touch, they have accepted the pros and con's and will always remain full touch from here on as they see the benefits outweigh not having a keyboard

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-29-14 03:12 PM
    Most people around me are switching away from bb10 now. The z10s are starting to fail and its quite hard to find them anyhow to replace. If there was a touchscreen coming they would probably stay but at least 30 -40 people around have been talking about trying iOS or android for the first time. Its so sad that bb is leaving the consumer market like this. Everyone has a bad taste in their mouth about the battery life, contacts app and reboots among things. There's also a lot of link headaches... If blackberry could keep its customers just one more year with a new touch device then I believe that and 10.3 would turn the company around. Unfortunately as it looks , keyboards are blackberry's only choice of device now. From what i be seen in my office and through friends, for those who have never had a full touch they will remain keyboard. And for those who have switched to full touch, they have accepted the pros and con's and will always remain full touch from here on as they see the benefits outweigh not having a keyboard

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Should've switched to the Z30. I know it is the same OS, but it is much smoother than the Z10, IME.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 06:46 AM
    I know someone who went from BBOS to BB10 and hated it. It was "too complicated for her" so she went to an iPhone. Hahaha...ditz.

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    07-30-14 09:59 AM
    I know someone who went from the 9900 to a Q10 and she hates the Q10. Someone used to ios or android is more likely to enjoy bb10 I think... but there definitely are massive deficiencies in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 10:57 AM
    Nope. Everyone who uses it loves it. One friend switched from iPhone to. Q10. He was never a blackberry person before that. He needed to send it in for some repair work, so he used his iPhone 5. He complained every day that the iPhone was "cruel an unusual " punishment. I only know one person who switched to an iPhone from a Z10, and that was because at her work, they have a few special purpose apps, which are only available for iOS.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 01:59 PM