I have seen a small number of apps that run under the UTC timezone on BB10 but run showing the proper timezone on Android.

As near as I can tell after decompiling the apps, they are making java api calls to get the timezone, and what BB10 returns is apparently not what they expect, so they revert to UTC, which in the case of one app makes it severely inconvenient, as it is a Windows media center commercial app.

I'm curious if the issue has been addressed in 10.3, and also if there is an email address to contact BlackBerry to report it.

I have tried searching the forums but haven't turned it up yet.

Has this issue been noticed by anyone else? I have seen it in all 10.2.1 builds that I've tried.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 04:08 PM
    I am running a 10.3. version. How do i check for the proper timezone? I have never noticed any trouble....
    07-29-14 10:55 AM
    I've noticed this bug when using the Waze app, regardless of the version I pick-up from BlackBerry World or via Snap.

If the time is 6:00pm EDT, and I plan a 1 hour trip to a location (using Waze), the arrival time winds-up being sometime the next morning.

The Waze folks don't have any way to fix this (I've asked them), and now that Google has acquired them, it's even lower on their priority list.

For example, take a look at the image I included with this post. At the top of the image, you can see the time I generated the route within Waze (8:57pm). If you look at the Waze active frame in the top-left of the image, you can see my estimated arrival time -- 1:59am EDT?!?

Five hours to drive 62 miles up an interstate?

No way.

This has to be an example of the issue you're describing? Thanks for your original post!

Kind Regards,

Marcus Harris

Android runtime timezone bug-img_20140729_205708.png

Posted from my Zed-30 (STA100-3 / 10.2.1.2180 )...
    07-29-14 08:04 PM
    I had this problem when I had android phones. Every now and then a ROM would have something messed up. It is definitely in the runtime somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    codeslinga likes this.
    07-29-14 08:19 PM
    I've noticed this bug when using the Waze app, regardless of the version I pick-up from BlackBerry World or via Snap.

If the time is 6:00pm EDT, and I plan a 1 hour trip to a location (using Waze), the arrival time winds-up being sometime the next morning.

The Waze folks don't have any way to fix this (I've asked them), and now that Google has acquired them, it's even lower on their priority list.

For example, take a look at the image I included with this post. At the top of the image, you can see the time I generated the route within Waze (8:57pm). If you look at the Waze active frame in the top-left of the image, you can see my estimated arrival time -- 1:59am EDT?!?

Five hours to drive 62 miles up an interstate?

No way.

This has to be an example of the issue you're describing? Thanks for your original post!

Kind Regards,

Marcus Harris

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140729_205708.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	292.8 KB 
ID:	287711

Posted from my Zed-30 (STA100-3 / 10.2.1.2180 )...
    See http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ne-bug-898832/
    Solved by installing the timezone app.
    08-01-14 11:14 AM