I thought it best to create a new thread because in the last thread I accidentally said the battery size was 4800 mAh. It is only 4500 mAh so it will make it easier for people to find on ebay.

One person told me that the power of the battery would diminish after 5 charges. Another person said it is best not to drain the battery under 10% as this too would lower battery life. Both these statements I see as untrue so far. I have recharged my new battery about 10 times from almost 0% each time. It takes about 3 hours to charge and I still get about 20 plus hours from that one charge. Yesterday I increased the brightness on my phone because the battery lasts so long.

I usually take the phone off the charger around 6-7 am and the new battery will take me to around midnight. For $20 this is a great convenience and for the business man it should be essential.

Google is the New Big Brother, use with caution.
    Jahtruth and Patman1200 like this.
    07-26-14 01:50 PM
    That's a great piece of news. Does it come with a back cover as well?
    07-26-14 01:53 PM
    Yes it comes with the back cover. I am not sure if it is a removable cover. I have not need to remove it anymore and do not want to potentially damage it. It is a hard plastic that is a little slippery.

07-26-14 01:57 PM
    Does NFC work with the new back cover?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 02:35 PM
    Nfc doesn't work I've had the battery for a while now and it is a good one lasts hours and hours no problems so far with it

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-26-14 04:31 PM
    Thanks, for me that's a deal breaker. I went ahead and ordered an external battery pack instead.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    anischab likes this.
    07-26-14 06:08 PM
    I've had my 4500 for 3 days now. Charged it up and ran till 10% and charged it full. Gave me about 18 hours of heavy use before I plugged the charger back.

I didn't run it until completely empty but if this keeps up then I'm fine with the performance.

Going to run it through another cycle, charge it up and then put the regular battery back and keep the 4500 in my briefcase for emergencies.

It's a good option to have.

Otterboxed Z10
    07-26-14 09:48 PM
    I've had my 4500 for 3 days now. Charged it up and ran till 10% and charged it full. Gave me about 18 hours of heavy use before I plugged the charger back.

I didn't run it until completely empty but if this keeps up then I'm fine with the performance.

Going to run it through another cycle, charge it up and then put the regular battery back and keep the 4500 in my briefcase for emergencies.

It's a good option to have.

Otterboxed Z10
    Well guess what after it hits 0 it will go on for hours on end

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    07-26-14 10:22 PM
    Thanks for this, having a separate thread helps.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    07-26-14 10:25 PM
    Only once I ran the battery to 0%. I found that it went 30 minutes total when it hit 0.

Check out the evidence.

New 4500 mAh Battery - one week later-img_20140719_012943.png

ATMJOE likes this.
    07-26-14 11:02 PM
    Just finished charging the 4500. Going to use it on max settings and watch videos on it.

Going to put this on the battery cover. The skin for the frame I have is from dbrand, maybe this will make the back feel a little better to the touch.

Black Carbon Fiber Z10
    Attachment 287188
    Last edited by J Quimson; 07-27-14 at 12:27 AM.
    07-27-14 12:11 AM
    Thanks, for me that's a deal breaker. I went ahead and ordered an external battery pack instead.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    Much more flexible option. If you're just out for a while no need the extra bulk. I keep a power bank in my bag all the time. In fact I'm at a bar right now charging my z10 from my power bank while waiting for the wife to finish shopping lol.
    07-27-14 03:17 AM
    Much more flexible option. If you're just out for a while no need the extra bulk. I keep a power bank in my bag all the time. In fact I'm at a bar right now charging my z10 from my power bank while waiting for the wife to finish shopping lol.
    Are you actually using a power BANK, as in not the Charging-Bundle? 3rd party brand or the BB Bank (which is about the size of the charging-bundle but is not a battery and charger combo)
    07-27-14 09:02 AM
    Are you actually using a power BANK, as in not the Charging-Bundle? 3rd party brand or the BB Bank (which is about the size of the charging-bundle but is not a battery and charger combo)
    I have a 10,400mah powerbank with LG cells and texas instruments charge controller from xiaomi. The charge controller seems to work well, charges my z10 at the same rate as the blackberry premium charger. Not too shabby for $11. Plus with a powerbank you can use it to charge other devices too, like I use it to charge my ipad, my wife's phone, and my camera-essentially anything that can be plugged into a usb port when we travel. I even once used it to plug in a USB fan and LED desk light to use in a tent when I went camping lol.

Mi Power Bank - Xiaomi Singapore
    07-27-14 09:39 AM
    I have a 10,400mah powerbank with LG cells and texas instruments charge controller from xiaomi. The charge controller seems to work well, charges my z10 at the same rate as the blackberry premium charger. Not too shabby for $11. Plus with a powerbank you can use it to charge other devices too, like I use it to charge my ipad, my wife's phone, and my camera-essentially anything that can be plugged into a usb port when we travel. I even once used it to plug in a USB fan and LED desk light to use in a tent when I went camping lol.

Mi Power Bank - Xiaomi Singapore
    OUT OF STOCK!!! That must have been a rough camping trip!
    07-27-14 09:52 AM
    They seem to sell 5,000 or 10,000 units every Tuesday lunchtime. Usually.they sell out within 15 mins. So far no issues buying stuff though.

First camping trip I didn't have to manually fan the coals to get a barbecue going lol.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-27-14 10:43 AM
    Try amazon, they have more varieties at similar prices.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-27-14 05:46 PM
    Try amazon, they have more varieties at similar prices.

Posted via CB10
    Make sure to read reviews first, some of them have been known to either have less than the advertised capacity or low quality cells/charge controller. Sony makes some really nice slim ones, but Pricey. Anker is supposed to be good, and not too expensive.
    07-28-14 01:09 AM
    Make sure to read reviews first, some of them have been known to either have less than the advertised capacity or low quality cells/charge controller. Sony makes some really nice slim ones, but Pricey. Anker is supposed to be good, and not too expensive.
    I always read the reviews before buying anything. Most of the ones I've seen (1-3 pages) have 4-5 star ratings and if by chance it does come defected or not as advertised you can send it back for a replacement. Considering the low prices and nearly hassle free return policy and quick delivery, i would take my chances on amazon then some vendor from Singapore. ...i found a 15600 mah charger with a solar option for $20 which is a little more than the offerings from Singapore but it also holds a lot more so i'd say it's worth it...and it's a good alternative to buying a bigger battery since it's small enough to carry in your front pocket and you can power other devices with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 02:30 AM
    I always read the reviews before buying anything. Most of the ones I've seen (1-3 pages) have 4-5 star ratings and if by chance it does come defected or not as advertised you can send it back for a replacement. Considering the low prices and nearly hassle free return policy and quick delivery, i would take my chances on amazon then some vendor from Singapore. ...i found a 15600 mah charger with a solar option for $20 which is a little more than the offerings from Singapore but it also holds a lot more so i'd say it's worth it...and it's a good alternative to buying a bigger battery since it's small enough to carry in your front pocket and you can power other devices with it.

Posted via CB10
    I just posted that link as an example. Italy is the only place xiaomi is in outside asia at the moment. There are however a couple of resellers that export it to europe/america.
    07-28-14 02:39 AM
    And by reviews sorry for not being too clear, I meant expert reviews. Some sites open up the thing to see what chips they use and if the cells match up to the advertised capacity and what brand cells they use, whether they support pass through charging, and if they support 2A charging so you can charge an ipad/fast charge your phone.
    07-28-14 02:47 AM
    I prefer user reviews, some "expert" reviews tend to be biased towards certain products. I really don't care what kind of cell chip is in the product as long as it works as it's supposed to. An expert review can dissect a product all day saying it is high quality and made of diamonds and titanium whereas 2-3 user reviews can say that it died after 3-4 uses which i feel is more important.

Posted via CB10
    Thalestr likes this.
    07-28-14 11:15 AM
    I prefer user reviews, some "expert" reviews tend to be biased towards certain products. I really don't care what kind of cell chip is in the product as long as it works as it's supposed to. An expert review can dissect a product all day saying it is high quality and made of diamonds and titanium whereas 2-3 user reviews can say that it died after 3-4 uses which i feel is more important.

Posted via CB10
    I can't exactly write a 10,000 word essay on this can i, if the reader is unable to put 2 and 2 together. User reviews can be faked too, but at the end of the day use your own judgement. If you go with a random blog which relies on sponsorship nor whatever...it's just as bad as listening to easily faked amazon results.
    07-28-14 01:11 PM
    It is back in stock if anyone is interested.
    07-28-14 02:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Link please. A solar option ain't bad to have lol

Posted with my Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    07-29-14 08:11 AM
179 123 ...