All the forums here on CB are fantastic and ultra helpful.

I've been doing some soul searching with all the stuff here. Lap tops, tablets, mini tablets.... blah blah blah.... My wife and I have come to the following ;

When the Passport comes out, we are each getting one. Our work(s) require security that the others can't provide, all financial things can be done on the Passport. Kids don't need a tablet / laptop for a while and, they use our phone on Balance (that's not really on anything else).

We are going to go Passport. If what I've seen, tried out and have heard, it's the right solution and time. At least until the household meta-androids become available via QNX. Ha ha.

Any one else looking at doing this ? Pros or con? Would like to hear all sides and feelings. Even on other OS. Any one feeling the same ?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 01:39 PM
    Admirable to think of replacing your laptop for a Passport. I only hope that is the truth as I too will consider one. Can't tell you how much I hate having to keep an ipad around. Would love to ditch it for a Passport.
    nosmartphoneyet and webbywebb like this.
    07-26-14 01:45 PM
    I am very excited to get the Passport. I use my Q10 as a replacement for my laptop but the screen size is an issue when reading long documents (law school outlines).

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 01:55 PM
    I should confess that I didn't like Passport earlier but by the time I'm really liking this device. Using Q10 and loving it but screen size is really a constraint.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 01:59 PM
    Personally, I can't see myself not using my laptop as I don't think the screen size on any phone can justify as a replacement for my 17" laptop screen. Just saying...

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-26-14 02:15 PM
    Z30 can replace a Tablet... but the Passport... I don't know if it can replace a Laptop?! -_-
    07-26-14 03:30 PM
    You always need a sort of backup... You can use the passport daily, but you should keep savings, updates/synchronization...
    Think of waterdamage, stolen/lost phones, hardware problem(s)...

But I intend to do the same, I already use my Q10 for "everything" and backup on my PC regularily!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-26-14 03:36 PM
    You always need a sort of backup... You can use the passport daily, but you should keep savings, updates/synchronization...
    Think of waterdamage, stolen/lost phones, hardware problem(s)...

But I intend to do the same, I already use my Q10 for "everything" and backup on my PC regularily!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    I do agree that is a good idea. It just seems like everything is pairing down. Good reminder for doing back ups..

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 04:05 PM
    Reason why I'll take a serious look at the Passport, upgrading from a Q10. It is better for my eyes but personally I would liked that the Passport came with a removable battery. Even when battery life is awesome, I like the convenience of a removable battery, whenever or wherever needed. That's the only negative issue I personally have with the Passport.
    07-29-14 02:36 PM
    My Z30 has replaced my tablet but to replace the lap top....

Sent from my Z 30
    07-29-14 03:04 PM
    All the forums here on CB are fantastic and ultra helpful.

I've been doing some soul searching with all the stuff here. Lap tops, tablets, mini tablets.... blah blah blah.... My wife and I have come to the following ;

When the Passport comes out, we are each getting one. Our work(s) require security that the others can't provide, all financial things can be done on the Passport. Kids don't need a tablet / laptop for a while and, they use our phone on Balance (that's not really on anything else).

We are going to go Passport. If what I've seen, tried out and have heard, it's the right solution and time. At least until the household meta-androids become available via QNX. Ha ha.

Any one else looking at doing this ? Pros or con? Would like to hear all sides and feelings. Even on other OS. Any one feeling the same ?

Posted via CB10
    Honestly I can't see that happening with regards to replacing a laptop.
    07-29-14 04:25 PM