I think it's great that BlackBerry is going back to bits roots with its latest devices the BlackBerry Passport and Classic, but I think BlackBerry is moving away from all touch.

What I would like to see is new replacements for the Z10 and Z30. I don't know maybe Z110 and Z130? I don't know just a thought.

The new Z10 and Z30 must have a new sleek style, they must be thinner maybe with curved backs like on the Galaxy series of HTC. I would also like to see better quality screens.

The Z10 does have an sharp screen but I have noticed that the colors on the Galaxy are much richer, the blues look bluer the reds loom redder. It would be nice to see this on the new Blackberries.

Also battery life needs a huge improvement. We need batteries that will last more than a few hours.

What do you think, any other ideas? Please share.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:52 PM
    I don't think they are moving away from all-touch phones but just pushing it back a bit into late winter/early spring. Seeing as they are limited on resources, I think it's best to focus on working out all the kinks in the 2 devices up for launch this year, cross-platform BBM, BES12, and whatever else might be going on internally (looking at Blend). Also, when they do launch all-touch phones next, I believe they should only launch one to replace both the Z10 & Z30. Keep the lineup tight, address the needs of many with fewer devices. If the Z3 needs a hardware upgrade by then, beef it up a bit, and launch with a new name and some marketing. But to engineer 2 mid to upper range all-touch devices would not be wise... just create one top-notch one that exceeds the meets/demands of current Z10 and Z30 users.

As for specifically what I would want from that, a 1080p screen, a monster battery, a good processor that will hold through to 2017 at least, and I'll be good.
    07-25-14 10:44 PM
    I'd like to see a budget qwerty that's a cheaper version of the Classic (successor to the Curve and Q5) for keyboard fans on a budget, and a high-end alltouch (successor to the Z10 and Z30) for the touchscreen fans who want high specs and a premium upgrade.

There's already a high-end qwerty (the Classic) and a budget alltouch (the Z3) so I'd like to see products for the other types of users.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 08:54 AM
    I'd like devices that are on par spec wise as its rivals. Also would like to see devices that have access to an app store that is comparable to Apple's and Google's.
    07-26-14 09:03 AM
    Dual micro sims, high definition screens, quad/hexa core. Integrated video chips for dedicated video memory.
    I am insatiable and I want it all.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    07-26-14 09:09 AM
    Dual micro sims, high definition screens, quad/hexa core. Integrated video chips for dedicated video memory.

Who is willing to pay for such a high end device, in strong numbers?
    07-26-14 05:01 PM
    I'd like to see a budget qwerty that's a cheaper version of the Classic (successor to the Curve and Q5) for keyboard fans on a budget, and a high-end alltouch (successor to the Z10 and Z30) for the touchscreen fans who want high specs and a premium upgrade.

There's already a high-end qwerty (the Classic) and a budget alltouch (the Z3) so I'd like to see products for the other types of users.

Posted via CB10
    The classic doesn't have high end specs..

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    07-26-14 05:23 PM
    The classic doesn't have high end specs..

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    I didn't mean the specs. I mean price-wise, since I assume that the Classic is the successor to the Bold line and the Q10, which is more expensive than the Curve/Q5 line.

Perhaps it's just a cultural difference as to what "high-end" means? Over here "high-end" merely generally means expensive and more pricey, not technologically advanced or having the latest cutting-edge features.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AthenaSmith; 07-26-14 at 06:04 PM.
    07-26-14 05:50 PM
    Before pleasing a few fans on here they need to develop a way to survive, which is what they're doing.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    07-26-14 05:51 PM

From all of that, the main thing I can wholeheartedly agree on is the dual-sim part, and that too for the Z3 successor and not the Z10/30 successor. The screens are already HD technically (720p), there's already a quad-core processor on the Z30 with dedicated graphics (better than integrated graphics), so I don't know what you are asking for there specifically.

Via CB10 on Z10 | T-Mo | 10.2.1.2156
    07-27-14 09:41 AM
    It'd like to see charging contacts return. Wireless charging as standard or some sort of charging innovation.

It's a technical issue, or wishful thinking perhaps but the ability to expand the app storage with its own dedicated MicroSD card slot in addition to the standard media card storage would be awesome. 16gb isn't enough these days.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Wally likes this.
    07-27-14 01:52 PM
    Z10 needs better battery.

It needs the Fm radio.

It needs to improve the audio.

BlackBerry has to make an app like blackberry bridge to work with other manufacturers tables. So you can text and make phone calls from those tablets. Or even send video. I still hang out with my playbook for texting.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 10:56 PM
    Who is willing to pay for such a high end device, in strong numbers?
    Enterprise.

07-30-14 07:04 PM
    Optional google play compatibility... mostly to transfer saved games

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 10:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Would really love a budget classic!
    07-30-14 10:36 PM