https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/de...2--sector.html

Dell and BlackBerry would be a great fit. Although not confirmed, this is an ATTRACTIVE partnership for both companies.

Dell target business customers. Dell sell both hardware and software solutions. Dell has distribution channels around the WORLD.

Mobile/BYOD Solutions Products & Services | Dell

What Dell gets:
    - Access to business clients for setting up BES and BlackBerry related infrastructure for enterprise. This is $$ for Dell.
    - "Exclusive"? access to sell BlackBerry phones and accessories (at least in the US).
    - Access to a business phablet (Passport) which is better than what they have to offer

In exchange, BlackBerry gets:
    - Worldwide distribution channel to sell BlackBerry products.
    - A worldwide support channel for BlackBerry products
    - A reputable partner which is known within enterprises for years

If BlackBerry can really make a comeback, this would be a win-win for Dell as they will be a partner to a potentially "hot" business product.

I would believe that Dell is potentially evaluating the Passport as we speak to determine if they will be going in with this deal. I believe their risk is minimal as they are primarily online only and this is no different than the rest of the phones they carry, however the business plus side... well can help both companies a lot.
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-25-14 06:46 PM
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/de...2--sector.html

Dell and BlackBerry would be a great fit. Although not confirmed, this is an ATTRACTIVE partnership for both companies.

Dell target business customers. Dell sell both hardware and software solutions. Dell has distribution channels around the WORLD.

Mobile/BYOD Solutions Products & Services | Dell

What Dell gets:
    - Access to business clients for setting up BES and BlackBerry related infrastructure for enterprise. This is $$ for Dell.
    - "Exclusive"? access to sell BlackBerry phones and accessories (at least in the US).
    - Access to a business phablet (Passport) which is better than what they have to offer

In exchange, BlackBerry gets:
    - Worldwide distribution channel to sell BlackBerry products.
    - A worldwide support channel for BlackBerry products
    - A reputable partner which is known within enterprises for years

If BlackBerry can really make a comeback, this would be a win-win for Dell as they will be a partner to a potentially "hot" business product.

I would believe that Dell is potentially evaluating the Passport as we speak to determine if they will be going in with this deal. I believe their risk is minimal as they are primarily online only and this is no different than the rest of the phones they carry, however the business plus side... well can help both companies a lot.
    Interesting points there but what does Dell have to do with the Passport or BlackBerry hardware in general.. Also why would Dell want to partner with a struggling company.. If anything Dell should be pursuing a sale of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:00 PM
    Interesting points there but what does Dell have to do with the Passport or BlackBerry hardware in general.. Also why would Dell want to partner with a struggling company.. If anything Dell should be pursuing a sale of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Dell isn't doing very well either. Secondly, Dell is known by IT admins everywhere for making the cheapest PC's humanly possible. (A tad bit better than acer, but still absolute garbage.) Partnering up with Dell would only further tarnish the image of BlackBerry to the public.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:10 PM
    Absolutely NOT. They are terrible business partners along with IBM. SAP would be a much better proposition IMO.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    07-25-14 07:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good question, what does a #3 computer maker in the world sell when they want to move away from the PC? They are focusing on software and services. They want to be a solution-oriented business. With BlackBerry, they can help companies have end-to-end mobile solutions.

Let's see who are the largest players and their mobile strategy:

IBM - Apple
    #Apple and #IBM forge global partnership to transform enterprise mobility

HP - No mobile strategy (try finding anyting on their mobile solution). Maybe another partner?

Dell - Goes through carriers. Custom solutions?
    Mobile/BYOD Solutions | Dell

http://www.kace.com/~/media/Files/Su...20to%20EMM.pdf

Not sure if they custom developed or they acquired something from the past but it raw #'s it is probably less then the # of BES users. Also from the slides, it only supports iOS and Android. Can you imagine how much they can save by just use BES? Instead of a custom inhouse EEM solution, they get a world reknown one.

They can get access to LARGE contracts to sell servers, laptops, and mobile devices. I think if I was Michael Dell, this would be a no brainer.
    SubCamp likes this.
    07-25-14 07:31 PM
    Dell isn't doing very well either. Secondly, Dell is known by IT admins everywhere for making the cheapest PC's humanly possible. (A tad bit better than acer, but still absolute garbage.) Partnering up with Dell would only further tarnish the image of BlackBerry to the public.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe, we used to have Dells, but now we have Lenovo. Given their dire straits, they would more likely willing to work with BlackBerry. I don't see what BlackBerry has to lose from it. Dell still is a major enterprise hardware vendor.
    07-25-14 07:33 PM
    Absolutely NOT. They are terrible business partners along with IBM. SAP would be a much better proposition IMO.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    SAP is another potential partner, but they don't deal with hardware. Given John Chen's relationship with them, I do see them as another partner also.
    07-25-14 07:35 PM
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0Q00N920140725

Seems there is something going on.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:38 PM
    @duenorthbb great writing and research. I think it will be a good move and it will benefits both. Yes, dell are very big in enterprise hardware and software services. They went private in October 29 2013 was a good choice. They are much slimmer now and the media can't touch them hahha. They are in the shadow and will have plenty of surprises from them.

#BBFactCheck
    07-25-14 07:47 PM
    I can picture this.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 08:04 PM
    I'd rather HP and BlackBerry. Would complement eachother well if we must choose a PC maker. Otherwise there's much better options.
    07-25-14 08:05 PM
    We can have HP too but dell is on the mission same as BlackBerry. The enterprise customers

#BBFactCheck
    07-25-14 08:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am an IT admin and categorically disagree with your assessment. For PCs I'd take Dell over HP for sure, and I think they're a better value than Lenovo.

They're not the sexiest hardware but as a desktop admin for several hundred users I found them reliable and easy to deploy and manage.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-25-14 08:45 PM
    HP laptops.... will never buy one again...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    digitalman101 likes this.
    07-25-14 08:47 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Their business grade "Elitebooks" a class leading.
    You can equip those with some Nvidia Quadras :O

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:30 PM
    I am an IT admin and categorically disagree with your assessment. For PCs I'd take Dell over HP for sure, and I think they're a better value than Lenovo.

They're not the sexiest hardware but as a desktop admin for several hundred users I found them reliable and easy to deploy and manage.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    A client of my friend bought at least twenty to thirty Dell's before he was employed by them. All of them died, almost simultaneously.
    He investigated, and found that each and every motherboard had failed... (He only looked through half of them, mind you. But he said that he would bet that was the problem for the rest.) HP isn't the best, but at least they don't scrounge the bottom of the barrel for parts.
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 07-25-14 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Grammar errors - phrased as if it was my story
    07-25-14 10:26 PM
    A client of my friend bought at least twenty to thirty Dell's before he was employed by them. All of them died, almost simultaneously.
    He investigated, and found that each and every motherboard had failed... (He only looked through half of them, mind you. But he said that he would bet that was the problem for the rest.) HP isn't the best, but at least they don't scrounge the bottom of the barrel for parts.
    Man, it's amazing Dell is still in business with a 100% failure rate...

Just out of curiosity, but what about the motherboards failed? And what brand mobo did they use?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-25-14 10:49 PM
    Ever tried calling dell support? I mean, at least someone answers when you call them, even if I can't understand what they are saying! HP has better support ( I can understand what they are saying) than Dell but their laptops suck!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-25-14 11:09 PM
    Man, it's amazing Dell is still in business with a 100% failure rate...

Just out of curiosity, but what about the motherboards failed? And what brand mobo did they use?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I believe he did say something about the power supply connector on the motherboard. I was amazed at that, because it's very unlikely for that many to be bad. Probably just a bad batch. Also, by simultaneously, I didn't mean on the same day. Hence the "almost simultaneously". I meant over the months that went by, more and more of them piled up, until eventually there were none left.

Sure, I may have exaggerated in explaining what happened. But I did get my point across. With Dell computers, you get what you pay for. (And you don't pay much for them...)
    07-25-14 11:18 PM
    I believe he did say something about the power supply connector on the motherboard. I was amazed at that, because it's very unlikely for that many to be bad. Probably just a bad batch. Also, by simultaneously, I didn't mean on the same day. Hence the "almost simultaneously". I meant over the months that went by, more and more of them piled up, until eventually there were none left.

Sure, I may have exaggerated in explaining what happened. But I did get my point across. With Dell computers, you get what you pay for. (And you don't pay much for them...)
    So if that's the case, then he basically cannot narrow it down between mobo or the PS then right? Or did he try swapping one out to see where the failure goes? Either way, I tried to do a quick search on what brand mobos they use and can't really see a straight up answer, do they use proprietary boards??

Anyway, that's why I always build my PC's, you don't know what kind of components go into these prebuilt systems...
    07-26-14 01:01 AM
    That's anecdotal; any company can introduce a model with an unfortunate issue. We had a batch of Latitude E6400s that had bad WD hard drives. Dell had to send us out a dozen drives in advance so we'd have spares on hand.

The point being, no company is immune from introducing a flawed product. In my experience, Dell does a pretty good job of taking care of issues, though. Were your friend's machines not covered under warranty?

Oh, and as far as your snarky remark about how much better HPs are, if the machines in question were desktops there's an excellent chance they were manufactured by the very same people with much the same componentry. Foxconn frequently builds similar desktops for both. Dell's support is miles better, though.
    07-26-14 01:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think dell pcs for business are fine.. now issues with the ones I have installed. Although I have never used there servers

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 02:14 AM
    Their business grade "Elitebooks" a class leading.
    You can equip those with some Nvidia Quadras :O

Posted via CB10
    There's been ton of problems with the Elitebook where I work (including mine) since day 1. To this day IT support can't figure out some long standing issues. My opinion of HP has dropped big time.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 05:50 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Agree. Bought two. Both had separate issues rendering them useless within a month.

Brought them back and got a Samsung 7 series and Lenovo and enjoying both.

From my z30
    07-26-14 06:43 AM
    HP and I haven't ever gotten along, but Dell? I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 07:57 AM
41 12