If you sold BlackBerry phones, what would be the very first question you asked a customer?

Mine would be, "Do you like to push buttons, or tap on glass?"
    07-25-14 12:40 PM
    I'd try to avoid treating them like neanderthals by asking a question like that. I'd ask them their primary usage of a phone. At one point, I was strictly a physical keyboard person, and my first experience with a full touch BB ended that perceived 'necessity'.
    07-25-14 12:49 PM
    Simply, "how do to intend to use your phone?"

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-25-14 01:06 PM
    Unlike a fine wine, my maturity has not aged along with me as of yet. I could totally see myself being quite cheeky...

"Well hello there! *spots the customer carrying an iPhone* Well I see you've got yourself a pretty expensive toy smartphone there! Congrats! But if you're like me and want to actually get work done during the day and be a productive member of society, let me show you the BlackBerry line up we have here."

After the bleeding stopped, I'm sure I'd have a few of the finer points to point out.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 01:09 PM
    Do you write a lot of emails?

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.3253
    07-25-14 03:00 PM
    Do you want to walk out with a phone today, or have a mail order for you?

Oh wait...

Posted via CB10
    Witmen likes this.
    07-25-14 03:04 PM
    "what phone Do your currently own and why are you looking to replace it"
    07-25-14 03:07 PM
    What do you want from a phone?
    07-25-14 03:09 PM
    Do you like blueberries or blackberries ?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 03:53 PM
    How many attachments can you send in an email.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 04:42 PM
    Are you a sheep or a shepherd.? Then guide them to the IP store if the former.

Haha

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 04:42 PM
    I would be just one of the 5 or 6 that just stand around doing nothing but visit with the other employees because we are over staffed by 5 or 6 that day.

AmaZ30ed
    07-25-14 05:13 PM
    The first thing would be, primarily what the device is going to be used for entertainment or business? followed by preferences for virtual or hard keyboard. Then you would go into the selection of ecosystems,etc. Furthermore you explain the advantages of the narrowed down field.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 05:23 PM
    Always at least 10 sheep to one shepherd.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 05:26 PM
    Unlike a fine wine, my maturity has not aged along with me as of yet. I could totally see myself being quite cheeky...

"Well hello there! *spots the customer carrying an iPhone* Well I see you've got yourself a pretty expensive toy smartphone there! Congrats! But if you're like me and want to actually get work done during the day and be a productive member of society, let me show you the BlackBerry line up we have here."

After the bleeding stopped, I'm sure I'd have a few of the finer points to point out.

Posted via CB10
    And we wonder why blackberry is failing.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    07-25-14 08:01 PM
    And we wonder why blackberry is failing.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    Do you hear those nails being hammered in? Because you just nailed that post!!!!1111

You're right. It is not the myriad of issues brought up here and elsewhere that put BlackBerry in the precarious position it is. It is the recidivist young punks and their so called "humour" that put BlackBerry there. I am glad you caught onto what I was going for back there: clearly making fun of those who bring any humour to this equation.

Word is, Thorsten Heins once cracked a joke at a board meeting and...well...we all know what happened to him! Ignore the gross incompetence on some fronts, it was clearly that pleb-esque knock knock joke to break the ice that got him canned.

I am glad we have people like you around here to ensure that BlackBerry ship is steered right. Allow me to put down the REAL scenario of this would go down:

*The scene*
    Me in a three piece suit standing at attention behind a display of BlackBerry phones.
    Me: "Excuse me good sir, could I trouble you for a moment of your time to show you the latest BlackBerry model?
    *takes a knee, maintaining eye contact, now holding up the phone*
    Me: "If you'll notice the new hub feature, which I believe you will find to be quite snazzy. BlackBerry has implemented this on all new BlackBerry 10 operating systems."

/sarcasm

But to get back on track here, I honestly show off the hub as a mainstay of the new BlackBerry OS. I suppose my opening line would be (if I saw someone typing away on another phone): "Let me show you something that can help you do that faster."
    07-25-14 09:27 PM