So, here's the request and follow-up I've had with AeroFS, what appears to be an otherwise useful solution to moving data about. It just amazes me that they didn't even ponder for one second how to make things work...porting an Android app, just providing an APK that works on Blackberry...

‎Hello,

We're a small company with some quite large data volumes (6-8 tb), in addition we have some very mobile users who benefit greatly from dropbox type functionality. As well, provision of access for the full range of devices including BlackBerry is a necessity.

We also have (by my present unexecuted design concept) planned for 3 NAS units within our office in xxxxx, xxxxx and a co-location facility where backup can be performed.

In a perfect outcome I would like all users to have sync'd portions of a core corporate datastore available while travelling (in my case this is 850 gb and needs to be managed ‎to avoid filling my machine), have access from mobile devices and access the largest portions of our corporate datastore via a network map from within an informal LAN.

I am curious about your level of security and any challenges you may foresee in this implementation.
    Thanks,

Response:

I wanted to confirm that having a BlackBerry client is a deal breaker, because providing a BlackBerry app is not on our road map.

Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-25-14 11:28 AM
    I've not tested AeroFS, but used FileCloud which enables sync and share access and allows keeping things in an NTFS permissions controlled structure file structure. The client works well on BB10. Snap sideload, of course.
    07-25-14 12:38 PM