I am a q10 user and while I really like my q10, the small screen is starting to get to me. I'm going to upgrade soon but since I'm on tmobile I will have to buy the phone outright. So my question is should I get the z30 or wait till the passport comes out and get that? I really like the keyboard but I think I can do without it. Any suggestions?
    07-24-14 11:20 PM
    Dude I suggest if u r not in any hurry get the passport it gonna rock baby.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9673419) likes this.
    07-24-14 11:27 PM
    Do whatever you prefer. The Z30 is a great phone but if qwerty is your thing the Passport will be much better for you.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    anon(9673419) likes this.
    07-24-14 11:28 PM
    It all comes down to preference and what you are planning on doing with the device. Both have a great deal of screen real estate, which is utilized differently depending on what you will use them for.
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    07-25-14 01:00 AM
    Passport!!!! ^___^
    07-25-14 01:11 AM
    I was a keyboard lover a long time. But to have a screen of a noticable size was a higher ranked argument for me. Typing on a mobile device is always a makeshift for me, I can do it when I need it, this is good and useful, but normally I have a PC somewhere. So I decided to order a Z30 and not a Q10. And this wasn't wrong retrospectively. The virtual keybord (my greatest apprehension) on the Z30 is much better than I expected, even with my left hand. And I guess I'm indeed a bit faster than on my old device with it's real hardware keyboard.

One aspect of the passport is almost never discussed: because of it's size I guess it could be difficult to place it somewhere on your body. (And I don't talk about women ...) By far not every men's jacket has pockets for such thing, especially not on the right inner side, where I would expect it. You can't even call the Z30 a "small" device but mostly I still get it into a pocket somewhere. I guess with the passport you get oftenly the question, damned, where should I pocket it? - Sounds silly, but in my experience this can be a serious issue. If you don't carry it in a pocket (because you don't have one that fits) but you hold it in your hand it will fall down under guarantee.
    EchuOkan1 and ngtungle like this.
    07-25-14 01:38 AM
    How about this. Buy Z30 now, whose price has been cut several times, so that you get your Z30 cheaper. And then, after the release of Passport, don't instantly buy it, but wait for the reviews and of course wait for another price cut. Then sell your Z30 and buy Passport after the price cut. Win-win.
    chinmay007 and Micky Bane like this.
    07-25-14 01:59 AM
    I don't think the size of a Passport is that big. People use 5.5" and 6" phone comfortably, and keep in their trouser pocket. The bulge will be little bigger and I am sure nowadays no one will mistake it for anything else!

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    07-25-14 02:02 AM
    I think there are different points interesting for a right decision...
    First the price... z30 is definitely cheaper than a Passport... but if the price is not so important for you... then the Passport will definitely have the better specs...
    Better processor, better camera, more Ram and internal Storage... but when you look at the display technology I think the z30 has with his Oled Screen the better one than the Passport with LCD... no matter what the display resolution says because the Passport has a higher resolution than the z30...

Display z30: 5 inch, Passport: 4,5 inch...

But now comes the most important thing: the passport has a Keyboard the z30 not... the Passport has a "strange " form factor the z30 not... so I think it belongs really to your personal thanking what you will chose

I am happy with my z30 for the moment but looking to the Passport... both are good devices
    07-25-14 02:26 AM
    Curious with no touch screen how will it handle android apps? If it can

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    07-25-14 11:28 AM
    Curious with no touch screen how will it handle android apps? If it can

Passport is touch screen, the issue will be how would the apps adjust to a different aspect ratio. 1:1 - 16:9

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 01:10 PM
    Oh it is. Didnt know lol yea that to

07-25-14 01:11 PM
    I would try the passport because it seems to be a totally new way to sport a phisical keyboard.

Anyway to me all ends to a choice between square vs. rectangular display...
    07-25-14 02:37 PM
    How about this. Buy Z30 now, whose price has been cut several times, so that you get your Z30 cheaper. And then, after the release of Passport, don't instantly buy it, but wait for the reviews and of course wait for another price cut. Then sell your Z30 and buy Passport after the price cut. Win-win.
    I was actually thinking about that.
    07-25-14 02:57 PM
    Thanks everybody for your input.
    07-25-14 03:01 PM
    I love my Z30, it's the best device I've ever owned!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    Baruugh likes this.
    07-25-14 03:04 PM
    I think of owning a passport is going to become super cool. Famous people will carry them.

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    07-25-14 03:41 PM
    I was actually thinking about that.
    Because that's what I'm doing! I just bought my Z30 last week and I love it. The battery life is simply 2-3 times better than my Z10.
    07-25-14 09:58 PM
    I was a keyboard lover a long time. But to have a screen of a noticable size was a higher ranked argument for me. Typing on a mobile device is always a makeshift for me, I can do it when I need it, this is good and useful, but normally I have a PC somewhere. So I decided to order a Z30 and not a Q10. And this wasn't wrong retrospectively. The virtual keybord (my greatest apprehension) on the Z30 is much better than I expected, even with my left hand. And I guess I'm indeed a bit faster than on my old device with it's real hardware keyboard.

One aspect of the passport is almost never discussed: because of it's size I guess it could be difficult to place it somewhere on your body. (And I don't talk about women ...) By far not every men's jacket has pockets for such thing, especially not on the right inner side, where I would expect it. You can't even call the Z30 a "small" device but mostly I still get it into a pocket somewhere. I guess with the passport you get oftenly the question, damned, where should I pocket it? - Sounds silly, but in my experience this can be a serious issue. If you don't carry it in a pocket (because you don't have one that fits) but you hold it in your hand it will fall down under guarantee.
    I agree with your argument.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 10:11 PM
    It sounds like Instagram photos will display nicely on the 1:1 Passport screen!
    07-25-14 10:59 PM
    Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 11:04 PM
    Kinda leaning towards the z30, the passport size and price scare me but with every video I watch, the more I like it.
    10-08-14 12:34 AM
    They have a Zoom out/in option in the passport android runtime, switching the app UI from 16:9 to Tablet mode, which is amazing for a 1:1 screen size, that's will solve the whole screen problem
    10-10-14 05:22 AM
    They have a Zoom out/in option in the passport android runtime, switching the app UI from 16:9 to Tablet mode, which is amazing for a 1:1 screen size, that's will solve the whole screen problem
    That's what I heard, does it work for all apps? for example on my q10 when I play words with friends or my banking apps, it will only show part of it and sometimes I won't be able to play them at all. Not to worried about videos because I can play those from my phone to my TV. just as long as the video looks nice I'm good.
    10-10-14 01:19 PM
    I had a Bold 9700, and a Storm 1 & Storm 2, I much prefered the Storm 2 over the Bold, but I bought the Z30. Now this is The phone. Love it. Along comes the Passport and I want it, plain and simple but it will have to wait until contract is up next year. Then I will get the best plan that I can get on my Z30, buy outright a Passport and then transfer plan. In the meantime I will just drool over the Passport

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    John Crist and jfobalgos like this.
    10-10-14 02:43 PM
50 12