A woman at my law school had a legacy device and I noticed she got a new Samsung. I asked her about it and she told me she went to her local Sprint store to order the Q10 but when she went there the guy pretty much refused to sell her one. He instead forced upon her the Samsung which he said most people switch to from BlackBerry since it's easy to type with.
    I showed her my Q10 and she really liked it (except for the missing toolbelt). She went back to return the Samsung and order the BlackBerry Q10 again and was denied again. This was in NY. I thought it was bad enough that stores don't have them in stock- but denying to sell to people is criminal.
    BlackBerry needs to investigate this behavior.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    07-24-14 10:21 AM
    Oh wow... Couldn't she report this incident to their corporate office? I think Samsung really has some kind of extra deals under the table with carriers...

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 10:40 AM
    Seems like the logical thing to do is go to another store that does have and will order it for her! Best way to fight something or change something is use your feet! That's the whole point of competition and consumer choice!
    07-24-14 10:58 AM
    I'm sorry I have to call BS. Here's how this works in the real world:

"I would like to buy a Q10"
    "You really want this nice Samsung phone."
    "No. I've decided on the Blackberry Q10. Do you have one to sell to me?"
    "We won't sell that phone to you."
    Option A) "OK, I will go to another Sprint Store that will sell the Q10 to me" B) "May I speak to the store manager?" C) "OK. I will advise your District Sales Manager and advise them that you will not sell me the phone I want." D) "OK I'll just buy the Q10 on-line or on the phone"

This is like going to a Toyota dealer to buy a Camry and being forced to buy a Corolla. Anyone in their right mind would scoff at such ridiculousness. I don't car if it's a pack of gum at Duane Read, sneakers at Sports Authority or a phone at Sprint. You are the consumer. You are an adult, you are responsible for your choices, not a sales clerk. Anyone who says they were forced to buy something either lives in a country ruled by tyrants or is an incredibly weak willed, irresponsible, child minded fool.
    07-24-14 10:59 AM
    bring it up to twitter, include blackberry and sprint. Ask why can't I buy the phone i like ?
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    07-24-14 11:04 AM
    Cute, but you need to take into account the person in the situation. They are not always you.
    She is an older woman who bought her last phone phone years ago and isn't so savvy on the latest phones. She went to a few places and none had any BlackBerry devices.
    No BS here. Isn't it amazing how there are different types of people in the world?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:10 AM
    bring it up to twitter, include blackberry and sprint. Ask why can't I buy the phone i like ?
    I would end up having to do this for her and I don't use twitter. Feel free. It is pretty irritating.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:13 AM
    This is what Sprint replied...
    Store Refusing to sell BlackBerry phone-img_20140724_225823.png

On my awesome Zed 10!
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    07-24-14 12:33 PM
    Nice.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:56 PM
    The sad thing is she did not get the device/phone she wanted. And she spent a lot of time and trouble.
    07-24-14 01:08 PM
    Same thing happened to one of our users. Went in to upgrade her 9900 to a Q10, came back with a Samsung.
    07-24-14 02:22 PM
    Same thing happened to John Chen - he went to be CEO of Blackberry and ended up working for Samsung
    07-24-14 02:26 PM
    Same thing happened to John Chen - he went to be CEO of Blackberry and ended up working for Samsung
    Lol, evidently.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 02:26 PM
    I'm going to tweet too!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 05:54 PM
    I'm sorry I have to call BS. Here's how this works in the real world:

"I would like to buy a Q10"
    "You really want this nice Samsung phone."
    "No. I've decided on the Blackberry Q10. Do you have one to sell to me?"
    "We won't sell that phone to you."
    Option A) "OK, I will go to another Sprint Store that will sell the Q10 to me" B) "May I speak to the store manager?" C) "OK. I will advise your District Sales Manager and advise them that you will not sell me the phone I want." D) "OK I'll just buy the Q10 on-line or on the phone"

This is like going to a Toyota dealer to buy a Camry and being forced to buy a Corolla. Anyone in their right mind would scoff at such ridiculousness. I don't car if it's a pack of gum at Duane Read, sneakers at Sports Authority or a phone at Sprint. You are the consumer. You are an adult, you are responsible for your choices, not a sales clerk. Anyone who says they were forced to buy something either lives in a country ruled by tyrants or is an incredibly weak willed, irresponsible, child minded fool.
    Horrible analogy. Your Toyota analog would be like this.
    She wants to buy a Q10 but the only thing they have is Z10 and Z30.

The analogy for OP would be you going to the dealership interested in a Honda but the only thing they have for you is Subaru.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 06:03 PM
    So you 'improve' the analogy by comparing BlackBerry to a Honda versus Samsung as a Subaru? Maybe you would be better of saying "she wanted a manual gearbox, but they only offered her an automatic (they are functionally the same, but operate very differently). That is the most impartial car analogy I can think of; but even better is to stop using car examples all together.
    The analogy for OP would be you going to the dealership interested in a Honda but the only thing they have for you is Subaru.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    07-24-14 06:14 PM
    So you 'improve' the analogy by comparing BlackBerry to a Honda versus Samsung as a Subaru? Maybe you would be better of saying "she wanted a manual gearbox, but they only offered her an automatic (they are functionally the same, but operate very differently). That is the most impartial car analogy I can think of; but even better is to stop using car examples all together.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    I didn't really care about the car brand when I made the comparison.
    When he made the comparison between corolla and camry, they're both still Toyota.
    BlackBerry and Samsung are not the same brand.

Posted via CB10
    nhanken likes this.
    07-24-14 06:41 PM
    My question is was she willing to pay the $150.00 for the Q10 with a two year contract? The Samsung is free.
    07-26-14 08:11 AM
    Buy the Q10 out of EBAY or Craigslist and save your contract for the Passport or Classic if we get it. I got my phone for 140 out of Craigslist and according to the Reps in the sprint store when I connected it it belonged to a sprint sales rep.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 10:34 PM