This has been an issue for a while with my Z30. (This might be an OS issue, but its happening on a Z30 so I'm posting here.) It seems to be synching quickly and then it gets held up on a screen that says, "Synching your contacts and calendar appointments. Do not disconnect your device. [In smaller print] Getting status information from Outlook Calendar." Note: I am only synching calendar and contacts.

It can take 10 minutes (or more!) for the synch to finish. I think I've been waiting 30 minutes for it to finish right now. I do not want to interrupt the synch, though. (The auto backing up data takes a long time also, but that I can understand.)

Something is getting held up. I'm tempted to just disconnect it.
    07-23-14 11:08 PM
    Not good. I lost patience and shut down the program and disconnected the Z30. Now I cannot synch at all. I get a cryptic error message that starts "Cpreferencesmanager: Configuration value for /Preferences/Account[numbers]/SyncAccountID_2 not set in TransConfig.xml for translator RimBB"

I tried restarting the BB and Link. Cannot sync.
    07-24-14 01:45 AM
    Link is the absolute ****tiest program I have ever used. I could never figure out the sync problems, but I was just trying to sync music and pics. I have switched to using DoubleTwist.

Highly recommend.

My contacts sync to Gmail, but Double Twist may sync them. Worth looking into.

I'll say it once more: Link. Sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Roy Roberts1 likes this.
    07-24-14 02:10 AM
    The biggest reason I stuck with BB was to sync with Outlook without messing with Google. I just performed a backup thinking that might help. Nope. I'm shut out of syncing.
    07-24-14 03:01 AM
    The biggest reason I stuck with BB was to sync with Outlook without messing with Google. I just performed a backup thinking that might help. Nope. I'm shut out of syncing.
    Should of done what the phone said "don't disconnect phone " you didn't listen to Mr BlackBerry.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    07-24-14 05:54 AM
    And stay at my office all night? Look at the time of my post. Or go home without my phone and my link to the outside world? Blaming me is not the answer. But thanks.
    Roy Roberts1 and baspeed like this.
    07-24-14 01:37 PM
    Yeah it sucks Sorry I can't help anymore than "BlackBerry Link sucks"

Posted via CB10
    Roy Roberts1 likes this.
    07-24-14 09:54 PM
    I did a full re-install. First sync went great, but I noticed I only had 20 calendar entries added to my phone. Hmmm.

Turns out that I have many archive calendars that I need to separately transfer over. OK, Link gave me the option to add these calendars. Guess what happened on my next sync? It froze. I think I waited 60-90 minutes, but it was very late and I was in my office. I could have left the phone overnight, but it did not look like ANYTHING was happening. How much data could calendar entries hold? C'mon. How could it not have been frozen?

I closed Link again when it told me not to. Today I am attempting a simple sync with just the default calendars. It is hung up on "Matching records." It's been about 20 minutes. At least I can afford to let it sit for a few hours and see what happens, but I can't continue like this.
    07-25-14 02:40 PM
    I wonder if there could be a USB driver issue. I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit so nothing unusual in that department. My motherboard is probably 8 years old which is why I thought maybe the USB driver was an issue, but this is just a guess.
    07-25-14 02:42 PM
    I would get sync problems (taking too long, missing items etc) and I was syncing music, pictures with USB on a Mac. I'm convinced that Link is all around garbage.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, removing sync relationships, resetting them, wiping the phone, everything. Nothing has foxed my issues.

Sorry to keep on posting in here, but I just really hate Link. Wish BlackBerry would do something about it.

Posted via CB10
    Roy Roberts1 likes this.
    07-25-14 03:45 PM
    Thanks, theHip. I can't believe it, but Link jumped back to life about an 1-2 hours after it froze today. It just finished syncing about 3 hours after it started. It looks like it was able to sync more than one calendar so I have data that goes back for a while.

I am going to try to sync again and hope that the duration was a result of pulling data from multiple calendars. It still should not be that hard even if there are multiple calendars.
    07-25-14 04:55 PM
    Syncing on BB10 takes a lot of time. My syncing usually takes approximately 1-1:30 hours. Thats why ive downloaded other apps that i use to backup my contacts and calendar entries. I only use sync ones after several months to backup my whole phone.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    07-25-14 05:38 PM
    Saberhagen, it's not bb10, it's Link. When I sync my music and images with DoubleTwist it is really fast.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 08:07 PM
    I use Google for contacts, calendar and mail. Never had a problem and the longest it's taken to sync everything is about 30 mins. Usually less than that.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 08:43 PM
    Saberhagen, it's not bb10, it's Link. When I sync my music and images with DoubleTwist it is really fast.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry i wasnt clear. Link FOR BB10 is really slow :P

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    07-26-14 05:38 AM
    Link seems to be getting better with each version, but it is far from workable. It's great in concept, but really sucks in execution!

I can now get the contacts to work dependably and it sees my device without a problem.

I do not depend on the syncing function for my calendar. I played around with test appointments and now have Outlook working well with the Berry calendar. I can input an appointment in either device and can trust it will show up.

To transfer files, music or videos I use my File Manager on the device itself. It works dependably every time in minutes.

I just tried Link again to do this today and it got stuck once more "syncing." So I thought I would share this tip with you all as this thread is recent and I guess BB hasn't fixed this problem yet.

Here's how I made the File Manager work for me:

On Link, set up the program to "see" all the files on your computer that contain data you might want to transfer. (Check under Remote File Access). You can leave Link at this point and unhook the device from the USB cable.

Next, go to the File Manager on your device and open it up. You should be able to navigate between your device and your computer. (I have several computers so I can see all of them.)

By highlighting the files you need on your computer (via File Manager), and then clicking copy on the hidden right hand menu that pops us, you can "select files to copy."

Then navigate back to the folder in the device you want to copy the files to. Press save. Wait about a minute and you are done.

I use this technique to move files from my computers wirelessly in the house. I have used this to get files in my car when I forgot my CV for a job interview. This works anywhere your home wireless works. You should not be using your USB cable.

I hope this helps someone out there. After an hour Link is still working on transferring 7 tracks of David Gray. Meanwhile, I did it with the file manager in about a minute!
    Last edited by vanillatrim; 08-01-14 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typos
    08-01-14 10:10 AM
    wow, this is not very encouraging for the average BB user. I have been on the phone with a BB expert for 3 hours, and they went through and changed all my settings, then reinstalled the Link desktop software and then backed up the phone and then blamed it on Norton. hmmm. So i guess we are screwed by BB, its a shame, I really like the phone, but I can't sync my contacts or my calender within 3 hours. Unacceptable! when, they do sync, they have duplicated or triplicated or quadruplicated all my contacts and my calender is not up to date, very disappointing.
    08-05-14 09:02 PM
    All of my contacts sync when I add my Gmail (email, calendar), Outlook (email), Facebook, and Linked In accounts to my phone. I should say nearly all. Any I have only phone #'s for that are not associated with any of the previously listed accounts will not show up and I'll need to use link to restore those. Or, just wait until they contact me. ;-) My media is saved to an SD card, so that is a non issue. I only really use Link if I want to restore settings from an old device to a new one, or after a wipe or OS install. A lot of times I find myself just skipping Link since there are so many more options for syncing contacts. But Link does seem to take a really long time.
    Most of my contacts are contacts over at least two accounts. I find if their name is the same, the Contacts app links them under one. But if they are not the same, the app will list the same person two or even three times. At which time, I either link them all together, or edit the contact's name so it matches. It took some time the first time I did it, but now I've learned to 'clean up' as far as entering new contacts, so now it stays pretty clean even after a new sync.
    08-05-14 09:59 PM