I am wondering if I am the only one who is very frustrated that VZW announced a software upgrade to the BB family of phones and then proceeded to role out ONLY the Z10 OTA upgrade? It is now a week and I have nothing on my Q10 or Z30's? Anyone else getting really antsy or have some intel that they could share? Really do not care as much about my one employee holding tight to her Q10 but the Z30's could benefit from a little software attention.
    07-22-14 08:12 AM
    At least they have the Z30 and OS updates. Neither are at AT&T
    saxxman likes this.
    07-22-14 08:17 AM
    As far as US carriers go I think VZW is the biggest BB supporter. I think they are the only one to even sell the Z30. That being said it still lags, I thought it would be a while so I used one of the leaks on my Z30. If BB would have a huge hit with one of the new devices, I think it would change, but if it doesn't change might not be able to have a hit with the new stuff, chicken and the egg thing me thinks.
    07-22-14 08:24 AM
    I'm frustrated more with VZW pricing....

VZW support has far exceed anything I've seen from other US carriers. Think that is due to VZW have a number of enterprise/government contracts that make this a requirement.

Updates... It is strange that only the Z10 got an update. Maybe they are testing each device, and that takes time. While I wish we got updates at the same time as the rest of the world, I understand their is a process.
    07-22-14 08:30 AM
    The tangential issues of VZW vs ATT (vs TMO vs Sprint) aside, VZW announced a software update for their BB units. They then released a Z10 exclusive update. No other mention is made of if/when the Q10/Z30 update will launch. I have no issue if VZW announced a Z10 update. I am extremely frustrated with the inability to know if/when a true pan-VZW-BB update will drop. In the past there was a tiered announcement that the Z30 would be first then the Q10 and the Z10. It is this failure to communicate from a cell phone carrier (that charges more than all others) that I am frustrated with. Just sayin'.
    07-22-14 09:24 AM
    Verizon is all about the experience of the end user... software needs to be tested first. They have a beta software sign up site for INTERNAL CALL CENTER EMPLOYEES ONLY. (Sorry felt like that needed to be in all caps, some of us don't read lol) Where they are tested after our network team tests them. It costs money to test software and if the software has a bug and you have to call customer service it's about $10 US dollars per call. If they come into a store the cost is greater. When 1% of users are screaming for updates that bring minimal (yes in the grand scheme of things the update is minor) changes where is the motivation to get it out ASAP? They are more concerned with 99% who don't want anything to change in the first place let alone could possibly have issues. That's why they test, test and test some more.

It's the same answer to everything question in modern business. MONEY.

If other carriers are sending the updates through their servers faster it's because it's either not tested at all or they leave it up to the OEM to test and thus sending all questions, complaints and issues back to the manufacturer.

Again the experience of the end user is paramount to Verizon's customer experience and although I would like to see updates pushed out faster (I belong to the 1%) I understand and appreciate the focus on the overall experience.

Hope this gives you some perspective.

Z30 VZW
    tollonodre likes this.
    07-22-14 04:39 PM
    Appreciate the perspective and agree mostly. BUT your point is tangential. Announce that there is a Z10 BB update and that the Q10 and Z30 are on their way. But the announcement is that there is a software update available for the BB devices. It is a communication issue. Or lack there of. And I, as the end user who happens to have several VZW Z30's and a Q10 for my little business, feel my customer experience is lacking. I am not complaining about the speed of the delivery but am frustrated with the failure to accurately communicate. Which I find ironic for a company that is in the communication industry.

And as far as the incremental improvements in the software I offer that support of SD cards bigger than 64 GB and some of the other enhancements are welcome and timely.
    surfer41 likes this.
    07-22-14 05:29 PM
    Q10 Verizon received an update yesterday I believe. I am really hoping Z30 isn't too far behind!
    vincentkong and saxxman like this.
    07-23-14 10:04 AM
    Appreciate the perspective and agree mostly. BUT your point is tangential. Announce that there is a Z10 BB update and that the Q10 and Z30 are on their way. But the announcement is that there is a software update available for the BB devices. It is a communication issue. Or lack there of. And I, as the end user who happens to have several VZW Z30's and a Q10 for my little business, feel my customer experience is lacking. I am not complaining about the speed of the delivery but am frustrated with the failure to accurately communicate. Which I find ironic for a company that is in the communication industry.

And as far as the incremental improvements in the software I offer that support of SD cards bigger than 64 GB and some of the other enhancements are welcome and timely.
    You are the minority....

Most users don't know anything about an update being available util their devices tells them there is one... Just updated three family iPads, because none of the users knew anything about an update for iOS.... how long has that been out?

Most business HATE updates, as it means more testing for them in house. Many times it's a longer process than VZW takes.
    07-23-14 02:00 PM
    I am wondering if I am the only one who is very frustrated that VZW announced a software upgrade to the BB family of phones and then proceeded to role out ONLY the Z10 OTA upgrade? It is now a week and I have nothing on my Q10 or Z30's? Anyone else getting really antsy or have some intel that they could share? Really do not care as much about my one employee holding tight to her Q10 but the Z30's could benefit from a little software attention.
    Verizon paid for half my Z10 and give me contract price on my z30 even though I'm an unlimited data customer. They treat me good.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    07-24-14 06:05 AM
    I've been a Verizon customer for a year now and I bought my Z30 a week after it was released. I've been very pleased with the performance of their network as well as their customer service. I'm willing to pay more for quality.
    Posted from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk
    baspeed likes this.
    07-24-14 09:27 AM
    If the update works on the Z10 and was approved by VZW. What or why would it be any different for the Z30 or the Q10. Works the same doesn't it? Same operating system isn't it?
    Just update my phone. I'm a paying customer. I've paid for quick service. VZW isn't all about the end user at all

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 10:33 AM
    If the update works on the Z10 and was approved by VZW. What or why would it be any different for the Z30 or the Q10. Works the same doesn't it? Same operating system isn't it?
    Just update my phone. I'm a paying customer. I've paid for quick service. VZW isn't all about the end user at all

Posted via CB10

That's the unfortunate reality of BB10 devices. The carrier must approve and release OS updates. If you can't stand waiting, try Sachesi.

If you want a device that is not dependent on the carrier for updates, you'll need to get an iPhone or Google Nexus phone.
    07-24-14 10:47 AM
    To the OP:
    VZW pushed an update to the Q10 the very day you started this thread. If you didn't get a notification for it, go into Settings >> Software Updates and search for it.

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    07-24-14 11:03 AM
    Thanks and yes I did get it the next day. But my point remains that I can not understand why one of the two scenarios below is not the way VZW treats its customers:

1. Announce that the Z10 update will be first, followed a week later by the Z10, followed X time later by the Z30.

2. Announce that all BB devices will be updated and then actually release the update for all

Please understand that this is NOT a complaint about VZW not supporting BB, not getting us software updates or even that the updates are not expeditiously delivered. This is a frustration with the accuracy and precision with which VZW is communicating with me as a customer. Again, ironic for a communication company that apparently prides itself on premium customer service. I am now waiting to see when the Z30 updates for my 3 Z30's will drop. And by the way the update is wonderful. Q10 is faster, more responsive and has much better battery life. Also noted is an improved signal that holds calls in weak areas longer. This is not an insignificant update for me or my business and I laud VZW for BB support and for its care with the update through their verification process. I just think their communication with me about this update is pretty seriously flawed.
    Last edited by MGO; 07-24-14 at 07:23 PM.
    07-24-14 02:03 PM