I'm very, very worried to say the least. I updated my OS to 190 on Monday, and everything has worked fine up until now. I just tried to do a backup but after it runs for about 10 seconds scrolling through the various application data, it pops up a small dialog that says nothing more than Unknown Error! There's no Help, no About, no Nothing.

I've done a soft boot, and a battery pull, and each time I get the same error. I've turned off all the wireless sync apps thinking maybe it was in the middle of a data transfer, but still no go.

Anyone else have this problem? If this is a .190 issue I will absolutely wipe the thing and go back to the default .167, but I'm hoping it's something else.

PLEASE HELP!
    11-14-08 11:19 AM
    Have you tried restarting your computer?

Michael
    11-14-08 11:28 AM
    Yes, I rebooted everything. I don't know if it's specific to this one app, but it seems to be stopping when it's about half way through backing up the KeyStoreManager. I'm going to try to do a backup leaving that out under Advanced Options and see what happens.
    11-14-08 11:53 AM
    Go into advanced options, delete browser cache, retry

Done
    11-14-08 11:57 AM
    I was getting numerous exception errors after an upgrade process. Approximately 3 battery pulls resolved the issues. Try a couple more battery pulls.
    11-14-08 12:00 PM
    I pulled the battery again and it's still crashing when trying to backup the KeyStoreManager. I first tried to clear it, then I moved it from the right panel to the left panel and deleted it. I'm not real clear on the Advanced Options, but it looks like I can restore from the left panel to the device which I tried too, and still the same issue. Is there a way to remove that from the backup?

Something else - When I try to copy the KeyStoreManager from the left panel, it shows 1 record. I cleared it from the device so it shows no record. When I copy from the computer database in the left panel back over to the device dtabase on the right, it still shows being clear. It may be that that record is corupt or the KeyStoreManager itself is corrupt. I can wipe the system and start over if I have to, but that's alot of effort and I think my sys admin would need to add it back into the system.
    Last edited by Greg Wilson; 11-14-08 at 12:47 PM.
    11-14-08 12:29 PM
    Works! I had the same backup problem.... cleared by browser cache and it worked!

Thanks!
    11-17-08 10:52 AM
    Yes, I had the same problem, but it was just after upgrading to .185
    So in the Back Up/Recover>Advanced options on the right side I selected everything except the browser data cache and clicked the arrow to move to the left panel and it saved fine.

I had tried clearing the Browser cache, but it wouldn't work still for some reason.
    I will try it again next time.
    11-17-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD