Is if possible to use this plan and get blackberry data. I don't want to change my my as Rogers will charge me more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-21-14 11:30 PM
    No, the 9900 requires a BIS or BES plan to work correctly. That being said, I have a regular data plan via Rogers, for my BB10, but told them to leave the BIS enabled on my account as I sometimes switch to my 9900. I don't get charged any extra for this.
    07-21-14 11:58 PM
    thanks. i Will contact rogers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-24-14 09:37 AM
    Hello again, I contacted Rogers and I was told that such option doesn't exist. I can go to a blackberry plan but if I switch back to any other device then I will be force to take a new plan if my plan is not available anymore

07-26-14 02:03 PM
    Hmm, Might be because I had a BlackBerry plan before, then switched to a regular plan but asked them to keep the BIS activated.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 02:33 PM
    Hello again, I contacted Rogers and I was told that such option doesn't exist. I can go to a blackberry plan but if I switch back to any other device then I will be force to take a new plan if my plan is not available anymore

it's a lie... if i recall... once you have the blackberry plan so you can use BIS... the data will still work when you put the sim in the iphone... just dont tell them. they say it "doesn't exist" or "it doesn't work" so you take an in-market plan that costs more...

i have the really old family plan... 500MB for each phone... both used to be on BB and now the other is a samsung s3... internet works on that phone just fine.
    07-26-14 10:59 PM
    iPhones on Rogers are a little weird. I know they require special APN provisioning for the dedicated Visual Voice Mail which is only available on the iPhone packages. The BIS plan or BlackBerry data plan does not provision the internet apn required for the iPhone to even browse correctly.

PS. This is from memory when I was a teir 2 agent for Rogers some years back. The provisioning may have changed since then though.
    07-27-14 12:30 AM
    I believe iphones are different as well

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-27-14 12:37 AM
    I am confused now. Will I be able to go back and forth with my iPhone using a BIS plan? Will the data work on the iPhone?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-28-14 06:40 PM