I recently bought a Nexus7 then heard the Android OS is not secure enough to do online banking etc. I then purchased a used Playbook so I would be safer using a tablet for online purchases and banking. I prefer to use a tablet instead on my laptop for these kinds of things. Am I correct in presuming the Playbook is more secure than an Android?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-21-14 07:16 PM
    I used to use the playbook for doing online banking and it worked decent enough. privacy was never a concern, although for me it would seem to be just making sure you log out of the website when your done
    07-21-14 07:37 PM
    I use my Nexus 7 online for banking, I also use my PlayBook for Web-banking too.
    The thing is, if a hacker really wanted your information, they don't need to hack the PlayBook... They just monitor your network activity.

Make sure that you use https as it makes the website more secure.

Android uses an open source market, which developers can use to monitor your device. They cannot monitor the PlayBook because all apps have to be approved by BlackBerry another OS stops. Also QNX is a Linux/ Unix system which make it more secure compared to windows based machines.
    07-23-14 02:50 AM
    I do all my online banking, purchases with credit card and PayPal on my playbook.
    Its safe because when you go to those sites, there are personal access passwords for each of them.
    I have saved my bank site and all others, like amazon or staples on the playbook screen.
    Only the sign on page is saved and make sure remember my password is UNCHECKED.
    Also my playbooks have a password, so if I leave it lying around, I have to enter the password in order to access my own playbooks.
    From chat on this site about lost playbooks, if you type the password more than 10 times, it does a wipe, so basically turns into a brick.
    08-04-14 08:40 AM
    The concern that I would have with the PlayBook is the same with a Windows XP or old Mac Desktop: old flash and java.

If you can turn off java and flash in the native browser and still access your online banking I would presume it is safe...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 01:17 PM
    The concern that I would have with the PlayBook is the same with a Windows XP or old Mac Desktop: old flash and java.

If you can turn off java and flash in the native browser and still access your online banking I would presume it is safe...

Posted via CB10
    The issue, I think, is if someone can listen in while you are entering your passcodes for any site.
    I don't know the answer.
    I have heard of mag readers that can read and steal your charge card info from your wallet, hence some people are getting mag-protector covers for their plastic cards.
    I don't know if these are urban myths or if they're true.
    I guess you just do the best you can without getting crazy.
    08-04-14 01:34 PM