I forgot today was the 21st! I started my sound hound app, got my music and tap buy. No music! The 7 digital dies not have great reviews...what to do! #nomoremusic on the fly!

Appreciate the help
    07-21-14 04:00 PM
    Anxious to hear the suggestions

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.2947 on AT&T
    07-21-14 04:02 PM
    I forgot today was the 21st! I started my sound hound app, got my music and tap buy. No music! The 7 digital dies not have great reviews...what to do! #nomoremusic on the fly!

Appreciate the help
    The 7Digital app is the same thing really lol. The BBRY music store was powered by 7Digital. Same content and everything, reviews on the app are a bit of a moot point. The only difference is it's no longer built-in. Same with the HMV app.. it may say HMV but you're buying the music from 7Digital.
    07-21-14 04:04 PM

Appreciate the help
    I used 7Digital back in the PlayBook era and was very happy. I have since merged my BBW account with my old 7Digital account and now all my music is in one place. I for one am very happy with the change.

The new app scored poorly for 2 reasons IMO. It is a clumsy Android port and it does not integrate with SoundHound. As a stopgap measure it is perfectly acceptable and maybe even an improvement from appworld. Come this fall if it is not native and functioning nicely with SoundHound I will be looking somewhere else for my music purchases.

7Digital's future success is still within their own control.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 05:03 PM
    7 digital has a windows phone app. If they don't release a native BlackBerry 10 app soon I am done with them. That is the least they can do to keep us happy.

Why is the video store closing without a replacement lined up?

Hope BlackBerry has some awesome arrangements with amazon with a hopefully native app for music and video. Consider it an executive class app please... there should be some quid pro quo with amazon. BlackBerry will bring in at least a few million north Americans to amazon and hopefully continue to grow.

Depending who does what will determine if my money goes to 7 digital, amazon, or other.

Posted via CB10
    MrDoreth likes this.
    07-22-14 12:37 AM
    I'm pretty frustrated with this drop the music portion of the store thing. I used 7 digital when I first purchased a playbook when it first came out. worked fine. They don't always have the songs I want, but typically ok. I ported my BBW Music over to 7 digital all went fine there. I discovered I wanted to buy a song, 7 Digital didn't have it or could not find it. I decided to use my Amazon Prime login to download it using the Amazon Prime app (Android). My phone actually froze(a Z30) I have never had this happen. I pressed the Volume up and Down keys and nothing held for 30 seconds and it would not power down. The screen was frozen as the Amazon app started to minimize for some reason so it was taking up about 90% of the screen. I tried pressing and holding he Lock button, nothing. I sat it down for a bit thinking it would unfreeze. It didn't, I then pressed and held the lock button and it finally restarted. Sorry this is all a long story. I eventually purchased the song I wanted through Amazon Prime, but was then unable to download it to my phone. I tried the app again, I tried through the browser no luck. I finally downloaded it on my computer and put it on dropbox and then added it to my phone. Seriously This sucks! Purchasing music through an android port app from 7 digital or Amazon or whatever else just sucks! Sorry I will stop ranting now.
    Last edited by seemsixty7; 07-22-14 at 07:19 AM.
    07-22-14 07:05 AM
    Seems ok. I received a note from BlackBerry and 7 digital. Completed the transfer as instructed. Seems ok. No biggy. Want music go to 7 digital app. I would like to see BBW go all BB10 apps. Amazon handle all the android working apps for BB10 etc. Also bake these apps into the OS. The 7 Digital app should now be BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:49 AM
    The app is terrible. No carried billing. Crappy port. No Sound Hound integration. I am losing patience with BlackBerry. The other day Endomondo went to a port. What is happening?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 08:58 AM
    None of that has to do with BlackBerry. Funny how people get upset with BlackBerry when BlackBerry has nothing to do with whatever it is they are upset about.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 09:49 AM
    None of that has to do with BlackBerry. Funny how people get upset with BlackBerry when BlackBerry has nothing to do with whatever it is they are upset about.

Posted via CB10
    How does it have nothing to do with BBRY? From a content perspective, it has everything to do with BBRY.
    07-22-14 10:28 AM
    I thought I was the only one...
    07-22-14 10:38 AM
    Html5.grooveshark.com

Get on the HTML5 bandwagon... apps are so yesterday... haha

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    anon(8908445) and BroncoVAL like this.
    07-22-14 10:39 AM
    The app is terrible. No carried billing. Crappy port. No Sound Hound integration. I am losing patience with BlackBerry. The other day Endomondo went to a port. What is happening?

Posted via CB10
    Endomondo has always been a port in BB10. The original BBOS Endomondo app was the best, lowest power consuming, offgrid sport tracking app I have ever used.

Back on subject, the port app is a stopgap measure. 7Digital has always delivered an excellent product. So go ahead and run around telling everyone the sky is falling but I bet by the fall 7Digital will be fully native and integrate well with SoundHound.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    07-22-14 10:40 AM
    I stopped buying from them as soon as I realized that they only offered MP3...

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 11:02 AM
    Endomondo has always been a port in BB10. The original BBOS Endomondo app was the best, lowest power consuming, offgrid sport tracking app I have ever used.

Back on subject, the port app is a stopgap measure. 7Digital has always delivered an excellent product. So go ahead and run around telling everyone the sky is falling but I bet by the fall 7Digital will be fully native and integrate well with SoundHound.

Posted via CB10
    I agree by fall 7 digital will be fully native and integrated with Sound Hound, however the part of BlackBerry that irritates me is why this wasn't done before the closed there store. I'm loyal to BlackBerry and believe my Z30 is the best phone I've ever had and will buy a passport when it comes out but the sure seem to put the cart before the horse. There is some people (I work with 6 of them) that don't want change, and sound hound worked awesome with BlackBerry music.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.2947 on AT&T
    07-22-14 04:17 PM
    The Soundhound integration was sweet!

Appreciate the help
    07-22-14 08:16 PM
    The Soundhound integration was sweet!

Appreciate the help
    The HMV app has the same thing and it's powered by 7Digital as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 01:57 PM
    Html5.grooveshark.com

Get on the HTML5 bandwagon... apps are so yesterday... haha

Perfect thanks dude!!

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    jasonvan9 likes this.
    07-25-14 06:10 AM
    Perfect thanks dude!!

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    No problem, it has served me well for many years now

Enjoy

07-25-14 11:00 AM
    The disappointing thing for me is I was allowed to expense a few album purchases a month to my employer because it went through my carrier account as a perk.
    07-26-14 03:36 PM
    The disappointing thing for me is I was allowed to expense a few album purchases a month to my employer because it went through my carrier account as a perk.
    Change the contract to physical albums?

Check Out TechCraze
    07-27-14 01:52 AM