Riding off the apple / IBM news...

-the CIA is partnering with Amazon for secure cloud services.

-Amazon and BlackBerry look to be joining forces.

-BlackBerry I believe is looking at cloud services and IoT.

-BlackBerry has the highest security rating for mobile.

Is there some connection ? Any future announcements?

The Details About the CIA's Deal With Amazon - Frank Konkel - The Atlantic

From my z30
    07-21-14 08:22 AM
    This has been in the works for a long time... I think they are past the design stage.

And I didn't see anything about mobile in this article, and while BlackBerry has a high rating for security in Mobile. Don't know of any agency that has approved it for transmitting of Top Secret data. There are existing systems in place that allow for secure transmission between agencies and this "cloud"....

Also there is a difference in Amazon saying BlackBerry can use their Store, and Amazon and BlackBerry being partners.
    JeepBB, rthonpm and mornhavon like this.
    07-21-14 08:40 AM
    Amazon is the clear leader in cloud solution and coming from the CIA, it really solidifies their strength.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 10:41 AM
    When Amazon wanted BlackBerry in 2011, it was hard to understand how BlackBerry would or could play a role in Amazon's plan. It's becoming much clearer now.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:14 AM
    When Amazon wanted BlackBerry in 2011, it was hard to understand how BlackBerry would or could play a role in Amazon's plan. It's becoming much clearer now.

Posted via CB10
    Please explain.
    07-21-14 11:15 AM
    If IBM and Apple makes sense, then Amazon/BlackBerry could easily flog their wares together in the corporate world, considering the momentum that Amazon's cloud has over the competition.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by abwan11; 07-21-14 at 03:16 PM.
    07-21-14 11:28 AM
    If IBM and Apple makes sense, then Amazon/BlackBerry could easily flog their wears together in the corporate world, considering the momentum that Amazon's cloud has over the competition.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. That's what I'm thinking. To be honest I didn't pay attention to amazon's presence in this space...but there might be some deeper collaboration here in the future.

From my z30
    07-21-14 02:21 PM
    This sell off is making more sense as well

RIM sells off NewBay for $55.5 million | CrackBerry.com

I wonder if this is all just coincidence or has been in the works for a long time. This might be too far back but still if amazon wanted to buy them out in 2011 and they sell off their cloud in 2012 then partner in 2014.

Now i'm just turning into a conspiracy theory dude, i'll stop now
    07-21-14 03:11 PM
    It's not what we know the CIA is doing that you should worry about. It's what we don't know. So I wouldn't be too worried about this... I'm sure those spooks are up to no good somewhere else.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-21-14 03:16 PM
    So........BlackBerry might be under Amazon's power if things don't pick up? :/
    07-22-14 12:21 AM
    So........BlackBerry might be under Amazon's power if things don't pick up? :/
    No Amazon has show no interest in BlackBerry... other than agreeing to allow BlackBerry Users access to their little app store and all of their content.

Amazon is learning their own lesson on ecosystem.... content wise they are doing very well, but in the app market they just aren't keeping up with Google Play and it's hurting sales of their hardware.
    07-22-14 11:12 AM
    No Amazon has show no interest in BlackBerry... other than agreeing to allow BlackBerry Users access to their little app store and all of their content.

Amazon is learning their own lesson on ecosystem.... content wise they are doing very well, but in the app market they just aren't keeping up with Google Play and it's hurting sales of their hardware.
    You seem quite adamant that there is nothing with Amazon and BlackBerry beyond access to the store. Are you basing this on anything in particular? Just curious.

If I was to be a conspiracy theorist I would think that you are trying to throw us off the trail here. lol!

From my z30
    07-22-14 11:26 AM
    You seem quite adamant that there is nothing with Amazon and BlackBerry beyond access to the store. Are you basing this on anything in particular? Just curious.

If I was to be a conspiracy theorist I would think that you are trying to throw us off the trail here. lol!
    He's basing it on the point that the only thing announced was that Amazon gave the go-ahead to BB to pre-load the Amazon Appstore on their BB10 devices. And he's pretty spot on since that was all that was announced. There's been nothing else to suggest Amazon and Blackberry are partnering up for anything.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-22-14 12:31 PM