Can any one tell me a reasonable fact, why wouldn't any developers create their apps running on BlackBerry os 10?

Messenger like skype won't develop a fully functional BlackBerry os 10 app

And a lot more not considering to develop the apps on bbos10, the problem is, they just ported it!! Not developing it

Posted via CB10, Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1375
    07-20-14 08:00 PM
    Porting is developing at some level.

Devs get their pay by volume. The time they spend developing an app is pretty much the same for all platforms, but the number of people on each platform will determin their income.

So if you could have your app on X platform by working 10 hours and then using the same app and having it on platform Y for NO HOURS work, you'd do that.
    07-20-14 08:59 PM
    You have to make the distinction between little indie developers making money on app purchases versus big companies like Microsoft or big banks or Google.

For little indie developers, you could argue that being in BB World was a good idea (maybe) because the fewer number of apps meant greater chance of being discovered. Unfortunately BB largely destroyed any advantage they may have had there by filling the store with garbage and highlighting much of that garbage in their highest value placements. So BB missed a good opportunity there.

Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but do in-app purchases even work on BB? How easy are those to port over? That's a big source of revenue for a lot of shops.

As for larger companies, app store discovery is not an issue. Our customers find our apps because of our own marketing. So we focus on Apple app store and Google Play because that's where almost all of our customers get their apps. We may add Microsoft's store this year if their numbers will support the investment. It's all about simple ROI. How much will development and support cost against how many of our users are on each store.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    07-20-14 09:58 PM
    Hmm interesting

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 05:28 AM
    Maybe time and resources has something to do with it.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-27-14 01:00 PM
    Probably because they saw too many here on CrackBerry whining about having to pay $0.99

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 01:24 PM