I don't know why but many of you say that there will not be a full touch device. But Mr Chen himself said that there will be one in the CURRENT road map. John Chen Confirms 4 New Devices Coming – No Plans for Wearables - BerryReview

Sorry, if my thread is not ok. It's my first post. But above all, sorry for my very poor english. :-/
    07-20-14 07:28 PM
    z3 with LTE perhaps
    07-20-14 07:33 PM
    I think most everyone is aware that he said that. I think the concern is that just because Chen says it's planned doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen. The direction and strategy seems clear..focus on enterprise first to get the company profitable. I don't know that a flagship all touch necessarily is a part of that. If there isn't a substantial turnaround in handset sales, Chen could decide to put a hold on future releases or get out out of the handset business all together. I think that's where a lot of the concern lies.

Z10
    07-20-14 07:41 PM
    Well they have Foxconn for five years so they are going to have to do something. Not that the contract can't be broken or subject to change
    imcurved likes this.
    07-20-14 07:47 PM
    I think most everyone is aware that he said that. I think the concern is that just because Chen says it's planned doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen. The direction and strategy seems clear..focus on enterprise first to get the company profitable. I don't know that a flagship all touch necessarily is a part of that. If there isn't a substantial turnaround in handset sales, Chen could decide to put a hold on future releases or get out out of the handset business all together. I think that's where a lot of the concern lies.

Z10
    I agree with you, but focus on enterprise doesn't necessarily mean physical keyboard only. If they want to satisfy professionals they have to satisfy all of them. QWERTY physical keyboard addicts and those who prefer a full touch device too. Nope ?
    BKA22 and Thunderbuck like this.
    07-20-14 08:06 PM
    The direction and strategy seems clear..focus on enterprise first to get the company profitable. I don't know that a flagship all touch necessarily is a part of that.
    Enterprise doesn't mean PK devices only. I believe that to appease every enterprise consumer, a full touch offering has to happen. Also, BlackBerry devices aren't their money maker in enterprise, it's the deployment of BES. If a company wants BES and devices for their execs, it's icing on the cake. BYOD is not going anywhere. So whether it's PK or FT, it has nothing to do with the true enterprise strategy.

I feel that what Chen is doing is going back to the roots first. BlackBerry IS physical keyboard devices. That's what made them a consumer/retail powerhouse 6-7 years ago. Rule in business is, be the best in your best product segment. That's what they are trying to get back to, being known for the best PK and most secure devices on the planet.

Posted via CB10
    Karben, DJM626 and BKA22 like this.
    07-20-14 08:15 PM
    I agree with you, but focus on enterprise doesn't necessarily mean physical keyboard only. If they want to satisfy professionals they have to satisfy all of them. QWERTY physical keyboard addicts and those who prefer a full touch device too. Nope ?
    Yes I do agree with you that to satisfy all they need both devices. However, do you think that if the strategy fails with P and C they will still go ahead with a new FT? I question whether or not they would. That is the basis of my concerns.

Z10
    07-20-14 08:25 PM
    Enterprise doesn't mean PK devices only. I believe that to appease every enterprise consumer, a full touch offering has to happen. Also, BlackBerry devices aren't their money maker in enterprise, it's the deployment of BES. If a company wants BES and devices for their execs, it's icing on the cake. BYOD is not going anywhere. So whether it's PK or FT, it has nothing to do with the true enterprise strategy.

I feel that what Chen is doing is going back to the roots first. BlackBerry IS physical keyboard devices. That's what made them a consumer/retail powerhouse 6-7 years ago. Rule in business is, be the best in your best product segment. That's what they are trying to get back to, being known for the best PK and most secure devices on the planet.

Posted via CB10
    Yep..im certainly no CEO but I agree with the strategy and it seems like the sound logical approach.

Z10
    07-20-14 08:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you but, in the link at the top, he said "We now focus on consumer" too. However, returning to the main point, he said just 2 month ago that a full touch device is in the pipeline. So why not ?

Sorry for my very very poor english. :-/
    Good luck to decrypt me.
    07-20-14 08:28 PM
    I agree with you but, in the link at the top, he said "We now focus on consumer" too. However, returning to the main point, he said just 2 month ago that a full touch device is in the pipeline. So why not ?
    No, I'm with you. I'm just elaborating why we're seeing such a strong push on PK devices at this time. Like mentioned, PK devices aren't necessarily enterprise or consumer devices. They are simply devices offered by BlackBerry. Heck, you'll probably get more consumer purchases than enterprise.

But, I really do hope that we start to hear something about a FT device. I have the Z10 and I'm ready for something "new", BUT it doesn't have to be a device. Depending on how sweet 10.3 is and the offerings that it brings, it may be all I need to keep me happy.

We'll see. One thing we can all agree on is that BlackBerry has been exciting to follow lately. A lot of movement under the radar which is keeping me in suspense about a new FT device. I'm anxious but Chen is doing the right thing by keeping leaks locked down. Don't tip your hand unless you have to you know.
    Karben likes this.
    07-20-14 09:15 PM
    Article from May 13th.

Z3 LTE.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-21-14 03:54 AM
    Good to hear. I like the idea of there being something for everyone -- a high-end qwerty, a budget qwerty, a high-end all touch, a budget all touch, and a unique never-before-seen device.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 06:53 AM
    But how Enterprise gets their mail has shifted. Remember that Enterprise is not just Fortune 500 companies. I work strictly in the SMB market. And for the first time ever, my smartphone will not be a BB. When I started dealing with wanting email on the device, BB was the only game in town. Then came the request of faster delivery and synchronization, BB and BES were it. Then cam ActiveSync. And iPhones, and Android devices. It started getting harder to stick with BB.

Then I started at my current company. BB was king. I got them on BES. But the execs needed 2 email addresses, for 2 different businesses. So one BES, one BIS. We reached our hardware upgrade point, the boss, the BB fanatic, was asking what does the BB gives me that any other phone could not. I honestly could not give him an answer. Because in most SMB, being able to connect to ActiveSync is all you really need. So last Friday he came around, we had a choice of iPhone 5S or Galaxy S5. Of course IT chose nexus 5, just to be different. But we're now officially abandoning BB. Because it offers no more than the other guys. It offers less with the lack of apps.

Every business that is using BES strictly as a mail tool will gladly drop it for ActiveSync. And since all devices offer ActiveSync, a lot of SMB will just move on. The "Enterprise" market for BES will shrink. BBRY really need to spin it off and rename it, because BES still holds the BB stigma. If I have iOS and Android devices, BES as an MDM is not even on my radar.
    Karben likes this.
    07-21-14 08:46 AM
    But how Enterprise gets their mail has shifted. Remember that Enterprise is not just Fortune 500 companies. I work strictly in the SMB market. And for the first time ever, my smartphone will not be a BB. When I started dealing with wanting email on the device, BB was the only game in town. Then came the request of faster delivery and synchronization, BB and BES were it. Then cam ActiveSync. And iPhones, and Android devices. It started getting harder to stick with BB.

Then I started at my current company. BB was king. I got them on BES. But the execs needed 2 email addresses, for 2 different businesses. So one BES, one BIS. We reached our hardware upgrade point, the boss, the BB fanatic, was asking what does the BB gives me that any other phone could not. I honestly could not give him an answer. Because in most SMB, being able to connect to ActiveSync is all you really need. So last Friday he came around, we had a choice of iPhone 5S or Galaxy S5. Of course IT chose nexus 5, just to be different. But we're now officially abandoning BB. Because it offers no more than the other guys. It offers less with the lack of apps.

Every business that is using BES strictly as a mail tool will gladly drop it for ActiveSync. And since all devices offer ActiveSync, a lot of SMB will just move on. The "Enterprise" market for BES will shrink. BBRY really need to spin it off and rename it, because BES still holds the BB stigma. If I have iOS and Android devices, BES as an MDM is not even on my radar.
    I wouldnt say they will gladly drop it. There is still security that BES brings that you dont get with BIS or activesync. BES can also manage iOS, android and windows now so if anything companies will keep the BES if they have it already and just expand on the handsets. Now a small business is different I agree and the cost for BES might outweigh its benefit depending on what the setup for them is.
    07-21-14 09:57 AM
    When I was at the BlackBerry investors meeting where Chen was up on stage and first outed the passport and classic..his exact words.. and I quote.. "and this is nothing compared to ALL the devices coming in FY16" it was quick, and nobody seemed to pay much attention to it. Everybody was phawning over the passport he had just pulled up on stage.. but he definitely said it. I heard it with my own ears.

FY16 I remind everyone starts in February 2015, 6 months or so away.

Posted via CB10
    Karben and Korepab like this.
    07-21-14 10:10 AM
    When I was at the BlackBerry investors meeting where Chen was up on stage and first outed the passport and classic..his exact words.. and I quote.. "and this is nothing compared to ALL the devices coming in FY16" it was quick, and nobody seemed to pay much attention to it. Everybody was phawning over the passport he had just pulled up on stage.. but he definitely said it. I heard it with my own ears.

Posted via CB10
    right I dont think you will see anything this year. I wouldnt hope for right away net year either since the chip they will likely use isnt going to be available until Q1 next year and BB usually isnt the first company to release devices on new chips
    07-21-14 10:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    You have piqued my curiosity. Can't wait to know much about those devices. So the question will be : should I buy a Passport or wait ?
    Glad to hear that awesome BB devices are coming.

Sorry for my very very poor english. :-/
    Good luck to decrypt me.
    07-21-14 01:02 PM

Your "strictly as a mail tool" clause is a bit of a red herring. Assuming strictly that, sure EAS is okay.

They way I'd put it is this: if a company was on BES Express, then EAS will likely work for them fine. That isn't Enterprise, that's limited to SMB, and I think pretty much everybody has already conceded that market to EAS.

EAS isn't adequate for all customers by a long shot, though. There's very little MDM or asset management capability in EAS, and it doesn't fulfill security requirements for regulated industries the way a full, proper MDM solution does. For a small company, authorizing a user's own iPhone on an EAS account is easy, cheap, and eminently reasonable. In Enterprise (or Government, for that matter) it won't work at all.
    Karben likes this.
    07-21-14 01:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think we knew that new devices were in the plans going forward into 2015. If the company continues to work its way towards profitability we will most likely see them come to fruition. I still think there are some big IFs though. BlackBerry isnt exactly out of the woods just yet financially so there is still reason to be somewhat concerned there. If we dont see a change in the bottom line, new devices could very well be one of the first things to go. I know im sounding like Mr. Negativity here.
    Karben likes this.
    07-21-14 02:04 PM
    I think we knew that new devices were in the plans going forward into 2015. If the company continues to work its way towards profitability we will most likely see them come to fruition. I still think there are some big IFs though. BlackBerry isnt exactly out of the woods just yet financially so there is still reason to be somewhat concerned there. If we dont see a change in the bottom line, new devices could very well be one of the first things to go. I know im sounding like Mr. Negativity here.
    No you're on the right track, while R/D on new devices will continue, Chen will look at 4th quarter results to see if and when new devices in 2015 will actual see a store shelf.
    07-21-14 02:09 PM
    It's simple

BlackBerry Z3 (Manitoba)
    BlackBerry Passport (Windermere)
    BlackBerry Classic (Q20)
    BlackBerry Z50 ? (Ontario with Passport specs)

Z3 LTE will got an other name I think

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    07-21-14 03:46 PM
    No you're on the right track, while R/D on new devices will continue, Chen will look at 4th quarter results to see if and when new devices in 2015 will actual see a store shelf.
    There has been a LOT of talk about hardware sales. But I think this Fall Chen is going to be looking at BES12 sales... For Enterprise, I'm not sure hardware matters all that much... Z10, Z30, Q10, Classic or Passport. As long as it's the price fits their budget (and some of these should) they don't care as long as it works. If Enterprise starts buying then Chen will green light more devices, if not.....
    walt63 likes this.
    07-21-14 03:59 PM
    That assumes they are running BES10. Even if they are, as the number of non-BB devices dwindles, the cost/features of BES vs everybody else will be evaluated.

I have never worked with BES10. It may blow all others out of the water. I think it would do BBRY good to change the name, because BES is still associated with BB. If I have only Android and iOS devices, I would not even look at BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
    07-22-14 08:14 AM
    Your "strictly as a mail tool" clause is a bit of a red herring. Assuming strictly that, sure EAS is okay.

They way I'd put it is this: if a company was on BES Express, then EAS will likely work for them fine. That isn't Enterprise, that's limited to SMB, and I think pretty much everybody has already conceded that market to EAS.

EAS isn't adequate for all customers by a long shot, though. There's very little MDM or asset management capability in EAS, and it doesn't fulfill security requirements for regulated industries the way a full, proper MDM solution does. For a small company, authorizing a user's own iPhone on an EAS account is easy, cheap, and eminently reasonable. In Enterprise (or Government, for that matter) it won't work at all.
    Agreed that there is still a lot more than a proper MDM does. And BES may fit the bill. With the advent of BB10, the need for BES to access emails has gone. The need for MDM has not. That's why I believe BBRY really should change the name of their MDM offering, not tie it back to Blackberry.
    07-22-14 08:21 AM
    It's simple

BlackBerry Z3 (Manitoba)
    BlackBerry Passport (Windermere)
    BlackBerry Classic (Q20)
    BlackBerry Z50 ? (Ontario with Passport specs)

Z3 LTE will got an other name I think

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    The Z3 is Jakarta.
    The Z3 LTE is Manitoba.

The Z50 doesn't exist and is pure speculation at this point.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-22-14 09:41 PM
52 123