Hi Everyone: I have always wanted a Blackberry and finally decided to get one. I work for a company that is family owned and has a contract with Sprint that most Sprint providers have no knowledge of. The contract has under 20 phones on it and is under $15/phone.By now you have probably figured out that it is Calling only-no text - no data - no internet -nothing.
    I purchased a one month old PEARL and had our secty put my pearl under this limited plan(like hobbling a racehorse) . I was initially told I absolutely needed a data plan however -if the owner of the plan(at least our unique plan) wants it to be restricted to phone use only you DO not need a data plan.So now I have a racehorse stuck in a box. I love my pearl the calander, the mp3, the camera, task manager but really wish I could use it for maps. I did buy a 2 gig card and did downoad a few city maps on to the media portion and it does zoom quite nicely but that is alot of work. Does anyone know if there is a different way to get or transfer maps on a blackberry without the ability to email or acess to the internet.
    I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to these devices yet but I am open to your wisdom .
    11-14-08 10:09 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com... If that is how they set it up, the only way around it is to start your own plan with data. Ask Sprint if they have data only and keep your other device for voice only
    11-14-08 11:12 PM
    I've kind of dead ended on the onboard map issue, but to be honest have'nt searched much on the subject... I've see it discussed here though. Try some searching.

Also try this link... http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/

Addictive, isn't it

Welcome to CB!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    Last edited by PvT; 11-15-08 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added link
    11-15-08 12:01 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    11-15-08 10:57 AM
    welcome to cb and enjoy your stay at club crackberry lol lol
    11-15-08 11:05 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    11-15-08 02:56 PM
    Welcome to the CB family!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 02:59 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!