I am currently searching for a budget smartphone and Z10 is currently on my radars. On the other hand, Moto G with its latest Android Kit Kat update and its slightly larger screen is appealing, but the camera is only 5MP. Similarly, Xperia SP also caught my attention which has a great processing speed, but a poor self camera.

So my main question is, is Blackberry Z10 worth it over Moto G?

Have used Sony Xperia Pro for the past 2 years and really dont want to go back to the Sony UI. Hearing about Z10 battery issue as well and thinking it will only be a liability for me?

Please share your opinions.
    07-20-14 06:43 AM
    The z10 is much better than the moto g, it has more ram, better camera, and to be honest, android apps run better on my z10 thank the moto g, and cmon BlackBerry 10 is a powerhouse and with the unreleased 10.3, battery will never be an issue and the ui is awesome!
    The processor speed doesn't matter on a BlackBerry 10 that much so don't worry about that as my z10 hasn't lagged for the past year!

And the screen in the z10 is better as well

The battery issues never occur and the z10s battery is good and can last for 9 hours the min!

Posted via CB10
    acovey, singhvikas101 and TheB123 like this.
    07-20-14 07:01 AM
    ^^^^^^I agree^^^^^^

" The sleeping giant is about to wake up " Me
    07-20-14 07:07 AM
    It's the best phone that I ever owned... the only issue is that, the battery life as you heard.... you are right.... it's not as android or IOS.... the ram is really enough for the z10 and the whole process is completely smooth... the camera is awesome... your only concern will be the battery life which I hope they will solve it with 10.3

Posted via my awesome Z10 STL100-3
    TheB123 likes this.
    07-20-14 07:09 AM
    07-20-14 07:19 AM
    It's a 3 year old design. Unless LTE is important to you I'd go with the moto g or xiaomi mi3/redmi the xiaomi's have a 5 element lens and use the Sony exmor sensor for their cameras
    sentimentGX4 and jmaxim917 like this.
    07-20-14 07:19 AM
    Anyone who actually recommends the Moto G over the Z10 has conclusively demonstrated that they shouldn't even be entitled to an opinion lolll.

You asked about the Z10 vs the "android powerhouses" did you not? The Moto G is a budget phone, which should be compared to BlackBerry's own budget phone - Z3.

With the Z10 you're getting a flagship (albeit an older one) for a budget price ($200).

If you are asking about the Moto X however, or an S5, etc I'd say just go with android if that's what you prefer.

If you want a bb10 OS device then the best value for dollar right now is the Z10.

I owned both the Moto X and Z10 and the battery life on the Z10 was better. You also have the option to switch batteries on the Z10.

Posted via CB10 Right on Cue
    07-20-14 07:47 AM
    Anyone who actually recommends the Moto G over the Z10 has conclusively demonstrated that they shouldn't even be entitled to an opinion lolll.

You asked about the Z10 vs the "android powerhouses" did you not? The Moto G is a budget phone, which should be compared to BlackBerry's own budget phone - Z3.

With the Z10 you're getting a flagship (albeit an older one) for a budget price ($200).

If you are asking about the Moto X however, or an S5, etc I'd say just go with android if that's what you prefer.

If you want a bb10 OS device then the best value for dollar right now is the Z10.

I owned both the Moto X and Z10 and the battery life on the Z10 was better. You also have the option to switch batteries on the Z10.

The op mentioned budget. The moto g definitely gets more battery life than my Z10. Also review sites running the developer beta of android L which should be out soon have found up to 20% battery life improvement on current hardware. The moto g also feels better in the hand than the Z10.
    07-20-14 07:51 AM
    Getting a lot of biased responses here, but i think that is only natural.

Does Z10 run games smoothly? Id like to have an option of playing games sometimes, but i rarely do. Also what about Snapchat and Instagram and Facebook? Cause im a big fan of these apps.
    07-20-14 07:57 AM
    And while you're on the topic of older flagships, you can still get new Samsung galaxy s3's for the same price or lower than the z10. Better gaming performance, better app catalog, better camera.
    07-20-14 07:58 AM
    I dont think anyone would buy an S3 at this stage when this model already has a couple of successors. I kind of hate Samsung and would never like to own one, even if i am given it for free.

(Personal bias and 2 months of usage of S3.)
    raino and WanShark69 like this.
    07-20-14 08:02 AM
    Running the same game, for example minion rush, the graphics on my wife's s3 are Waaay better. Want to play gta Chinatown wars and stuff like that? Out of luck. I use my ipad for those games but they're available on android too.

The guy who said android apps run better on the z10 must have last used an android device in 2010 lol. Google maps takes ages to load on the z10, and the rewrapped skype and waze apps that are available on BlackBerry World are really laggy and don't get updated as often as their android an iOS counterparts.
    07-20-14 08:03 AM
    I dont think anyone would buy an S3 at this stage when this model already has a couple of successors. I kind of hate Samsung and would never like to own one, even if i am given it for free.

(Personal bias and 2 months of usage of S3.)
    Shows you how dated the z10 hardware is. I much prefer Sony and HTC over Samsung, but the best bang for the buck on the market right now is xiaomi. That is until one plus releases their phone. Better than S5 specs but for 300 bucks.
    07-20-14 08:06 AM
    Z10's awesome, but the battery sucks big time... if you are a user who's on the move and get a lot of emails and u do browse the Internet significantly, then don't buy one. As the battery only would last 4 hrs max. The games work flawlessly on the Z10, but u wouldn't like to play them as they eat up the battery so fast.
    People here will also ask you the battery bundle for Z10, but I would rather buy a phone with good battery life than a bundle or spare battery to carry with it...

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:09 AM
    It's a 3 year old design. Unless LTE is important to you I'd go with the moto g or xiaomi mi3/redmi the xiaomi's have a 5 element lens and use the Sony exmor sensor for their cameras
    3 year old design???

I don't know what Z10 you have or are referring too but the one I have in my hands right now is barley a year and half old. Not counting the time spent in design and bata testing phases.

That being said the Z10 is an excellent phone and improves with each and every OS update it gets. As a matter of fact, this more recent 10.2.1.2977 has improved the battery life on the phone tremendously. I now get a full 12 to 16 hours on moderate use. And as others have mentioned, if you need more juice you can buy a battery charging bundle and swap batteries on the go!

The Z10 is such an underrated phone in comparison to others in its class range. And I would still recommend it as a daily driver given its functionality and price.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Carmels; 07-21-14 at 06:23 AM.
    pystha likes this.
    07-20-14 08:10 AM
    The z10 can game very well, although nexus 5 can do much better gaming than the z10.but the s3 is bs!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:10 AM
    The apps issue is the reason why Im looking over to Moto G. The UI of Moto G is really good and its a fun mobile phone, but BB Z10 apparently has class. Really a confusing decision for me, but not buying Sony, thats for sure.
    CrownIsle likes this.
    07-20-14 08:13 AM
    Only 4 hours max? Are you sure!? Battery life is definitely important as I travel quite often, usually quarterly, and Im on the road for around 18 hours, 8 times a year.

Dont know whats up with the battery, but im definitely not carrying extra batteries with me.
    07-20-14 08:18 AM
    It was released early 2013, but the components and design was finalised quite a while before that (late 2011), which is why even though it launched after the s3, the chips etc used were not as up to date. Being a large BlackBerry developer we had hands on the phones and information about the development of the hardware long before the public.
    07-20-14 08:19 AM
    Im also looking at Huwawei Honor 3C, but not sure how reliable this brand is. Will prefer sticking to the known names though.
    07-20-14 08:21 AM
    Only 4 hours max? Are you sure!? Battery life is definitely important as I travel quite often, usually quarterly, and Im on the road for around 18 hours, 8 times a year.

Dont know whats up with the battery, but im definitely not carrying extra batteries with me.
    On max brightness continuously chatting and surfing over H+ I get 4 hours continuous use. Gaming brings it down to 3. Reducing brightness gets it up to 5.
    TheB123 likes this.
    07-20-14 08:22 AM
    Im also looking at Huwawei Honor 3C, but not sure how reliable this brand is. Will prefer sticking to the known names though.
    It's a reliable brand for sure, but just not this model. Bad reviews about its underpowered chip, and they haven't been known to provide timely updates. If you want a well known brand that's good value check out the Asus zenphone 5
    TheB123 likes this.
    07-20-14 08:23 AM
    Dude - you're asking people about their experiences with their phones right?

If you want a computer to compare the Moto G and Z10 so you can get an objective reply, I'm sure Google can take care of that for you with a side by side comparison of specs.

If you want to know about the experience of using the phone, we can help you with that and I guess it'll be biased.

But I recommend things based on what the user wants.

So are you looking for an android UI or bb10? That makes a HUGE difference and makes all that asinine debate between the laurels of each device a waste of time.

So to share some key points for you to consider:

The Z10 battery lasts a good day for me, from about 8am to 8pm on average use before needing to swap. This obviously fluctuates depending on your own usage pattern. If you use your phone in such a way that the Z10 can't last you a day without needing to charge it, I guarantee you the same can be said for the Moto G - you'll need to plug in a charger for the G, but swap a battery for the Z10. The Moto X has a bigger battery compared to the G and it lasts about the same as my Z10 for me.

Instagram runs on the Z10 but you'll want to be using iGrann which is a native Instagram client for bb10 which runs great. Pleasure to use.

Facebook has a native bb10 app and runs great.

Android apps run ok right now, though admittedly not the best, but the new android run-time coming up in the fall will eliminate this gap completely.

I can't comment on Snapchat, there is a native client called Snap2chat but i don't use it.

TheB123 and Jrox74 like this.
    07-20-14 08:48 AM
    Dude - you're asking people about their experiences with their phones right?

If you want a computer to compare the Moto G and Z10 so you can get an objective reply, I'm sure Google can take care of that for you with a side by side comparison of specs.

If you want to know about the experience of using the phone, we can help you with that and I guess it'll be biased.

But I recommend things based on what the user wants.

So are you looking for an android UI or bb10? That makes a HUGE difference and makes all that asinine debate between the laurels of each device a waste of time.

So to share some key points for you to consider:

The Z10 battery lasts a good day for me, from about 8am to 8pm on average use before needing to swap. This obviously fluctuates depending on your own usage pattern. If you use your phone in such a way that the Z10 can't last you a day without needing to charge it, I guarantee you the same can be said for the Moto G - you'll need to plug in a charger for the G, but swap a battery for the Z10.

Instagram runs on the Z10 but you'll want to be using iGrann which is a native Instagram client for bb10 which runs great. Pleasure to use.

Facebook has a native bb10 app and runs great.

Android apps run ok right now, though admittedly not the best, but the new android run-time coming up in the fall will eliminate this gap completely.

I can't comment on Snapchat, there is a native client called Snap2chat but i don't use it.

Thank you for the detailed analysis. I like the look and UI of Z10 and have been seeing its Youtube reviews a lot. Like the way in which swiping has to be used to work your way through the phone. I have been using android for 2-3 years, but have only used S3 and Xperia Pro. Didnt like them both much, apart from the three apps I mentioned.

Im looking for a getaway from Android to be honest and BB seems pretty good as compared to Windows' "cartoonish" look. I definitely use a lot of Gmail, Whatsapp and normal texting, so hopefull Z10 will cater to my needs?
    07-20-14 08:55 AM
    Thank you for the detailed analysis. I like the look and UI of Z10 and have been seeing its Youtube reviews a lot. Like the way in which swiping has to be used to work your way through the phone. I have been using android for 2-3 years, but have only used S3 and Xperia Pro. Didnt like them both much, apart from the three apps I mentioned.

Im looking for a getaway from Android to be honest and BB seems pretty good as compared to Windows' "cartoonish" look. I definitely use a lot of Gmail, Whatsapp and normal texting, so hopefull Z10 will cater to my needs?
    Ok, so you want to dabble with a new user experience - that leaves you with iOS, windows, and BlackBerry. Not sure why the Moto G is even being mentioned - it's a bit different from the samsung and Sony since it's basically stock android but it's still android.

I'm guessing you just want to try something new and if you don't like it, you can sell and move on - apple and the lumia devices are a bit pricey to be playing around with just to try out. I can't think of another phone other than the Z10 that'll meet your needs.

You're going to love the Z10 if the majority of your use is email and messaging.

TheB123 and cbeeches like this.
    07-20-14 09:02 AM
304 123 ...